Senior Member Country: United States theuofc's Avatar
    Liked
    399 times
    Forthcoming: Bogarde in AGENT 8-3/4, aka HOT ENOUGH FOR JUNE on region one DVD and Blu-Ray.

I've posted information and a photo at the Bogarde thread:

http://filmdope.com/forums/ac...ml#post2006559

All best,

Barbara

Super Moderator Country: Scotland
    Liked
    27 times
    A HD trailer is up, change the setting to 1080.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjBqR94i1wI

Senior Member Country: United States theuofc's Avatar
    Liked
    399 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
    A HD trailer is up, change the setting to 1080.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjBqR94i1wI

Thanks for this, James.

Barbara

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Earlier DVD thread:

Hot Enough for June (1964)

Kingston (Jamaica) Gleaner, 8th December 1963

ONE MORE TO THE 'I-LOVE-ENGLAND' BRIGADE OF STARS

LONDON

SYLVIA KOSCINA is the latest recruit to the ranks of the "I love England" brigade of film stars and show business people. The surprising thing is that the vast majority of those who make such statements really do mean them - and Sylva is no exception!

She is here for the final stages of the Rank Orginisation's comedy-thriller HOT ENOUGH FOR JUNE, in which she stars with Dirk Bogarde. With a strongly-wistful sound in her voice, she told me she would not be at Pinewood Studios for very much longer.

What will happen when filming finishes? "I don't really know", she said. "But I'm in no hurry to leave England. I love it here. It's such a thrill to work with British technicians and actors. The working atmosphere at Pinewood is something you just have to experience to believe."

No hysterics

"I've made well over thirty films in Italy and France - and things are so different. Everyone at Pinewood is so kind to me. No shouting, no terrible upsets, no hysterics - it's wonderful.

She was quick to pay tribute too, to Betty Box and Ralph Thomas, the producer-director team making HOT ENOUGH FOR JUNE. "They're so considerate - and Dirk Bogarde is wondeful to act with."

Just fine

She is a busy young woman, whose beauty and talent is going to be in increasing demand. Where would she be this time next year? One ventures that she will still be working in England. Her eyes lit up and she laughed. "Perhaps", she answered. "It would suit me fine."

Sylva did indeed return to England, and Pinewood Studios, to film Deadlier Than the Male three years later - happily reunited with Betty Box and Ralph Thomas. She comes across as a lovely lady in those contemporary interviews (for both films). Then came Hollywood - Three Bites of the Apple, The Secret World of Harry Frigg (with Paul Newman), and A Lovely Way to Die, co-starring Kirk Douglas. I seem to remember the last of those films being shown on TV about 20 years ago - possibly in the early hours.

R.I.P., beautiful Sylva