Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Country: Ireland
    Liked
    4 times
    This is something else - Dracula comes to Swinging Kings Road - catch it while you can!

GRAEME
    This is a poor film. Unintentionally very funny in parts though.

The opening credits look like one of those "This is Modern England..." cinema shorts - even down to the crap music.

And the "with-it" brightly lit party!!! It makes the one in Blow Up look like a fly on the wall documentary!

Senior Member Country: Great Britain vincenzo's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    Possibly the worst of the Hammer Dracula films for me. I even preferred Satanic Rites to this one.

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
    Possibly the worst of the Hammer Dracula films for me. I even preferred Satanic Rites to this one.
    Me too! The film's "contemporary" setting was dated even by 1972 standards.

Liked
    4 times
    But that's what makes it so entertaining now!

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    23 times
    No Dojeen. This one was so bad it was too bad to be considered that bad to be hilarious. Irredeemable!

Liked
    4 times
    No film that includes that groovy party scene and features Stephanie Beacham & Marsha Hunt can be entirely without merit!

Interesting shots of World's End at 3.33 - an Italian restaurant at 372 King's Road was done up as the Cavern coffee bar - the entire block it was on has now disappeared.

Last edited by doojeen; 14-07-11 at 09:09 PM.

Senior Member Country: UK didi-5's Avatar
    Liked
    191 times
    I haven't stopped laughing yet. Michael Kitchen looks about twelve years old! And whatever happened to Christopher Neame - he was in Colditz, Edward the Seventh, even Romeo and Juliet, but he hasn't done anything really big in years.

This film looks absolutely awful

Senior Member Country: UK Paul Waines's Avatar
    Liked
    29 times
    Hey, What about Caroline Munro.... worth watching for her alone.

It is Hammers worst Dracula film, but I still enjoy watching it from time to time. And lets not forget St Peter was back as Van Helsings great Grandson... I do think the film is typical of some of the Horror films of the time. The count Yorga's, Dr Phibes, etc, all have that early 70's feel about them.

Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by didi-5 View Post
    And whatever happened to Christopher Neame - he was in Colditz, Edward the Seventh, even Romeo and Juliet, but he hasn't done anything really big in years.
    I recall him popping up briefly in Licence To Kill, where he identified Timothy Dalton as a rogue agent, smirked knowingly, and then disappeared under a collapsed ceiling.

Liked
    182 times
    Christopher has popped up in quite a number of things over the years and he's one of the relatively few actors to appear in both STAR TREK and (almost) DOCTOR WHO: his WHO appearance was in "Shada" which was never completed and never broadcast, due to a strike at the BBC.

His appearance in a Hammer film can be confusing, as there was a regular Hammer production manager also called Christopher Neame - Ronald Neame's son in fact.

Actor Christopher was perhaps the first to show a full frontal on British television which gave same consternation to the other Christopher as quite a few folk thought it was him!

Senior Member Country: UK didi-5's Avatar
    Liked
    191 times
    I recall him popping up briefly in Licence To Kill, where he identified Timothy Dalton as a rogue agent, smirked knowingly, and then disappeared under a collapsed ceiling.
    Goodness - was that him?! Completely passed me by.

Senior Member Country: England captainhaddock's Avatar
    Liked
    29 times
    its been a while since i seen that bond

doesnt he have a syringe or something to sedate tim and bring him back to blighty ?

Senior Member Country: England captainhaddock's Avatar
    Liked
    29 times
    as for dracula 1972 i can quite happily sit and watch a load of old nosense like this anytime

bad films can be just as entertaining as good if youre in the right mood

Senior Member Country: Europe Heinrich's Avatar
    Liked
    63 times
    Although set in modern times, it is the most dated and worst of the Dracula series from from Hammer .

Liked
    182 times
    I prefer its sequel The Satantic Rites of Dracula. Not only does it feature Joanna Lumley (always a plus), but Christopher Lee even does a Bela Lugosi impression at one point! Sadly, the copyright on this one must have gone haywire as any DVD releases of it have satanic prints.

Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by captainhaddock View Post
    doesnt he have a syringe or something to sedate tim and bring him back to blighty ?
    Yep, that's the one. He was also the snooty restaurant owner in Ghostbusters II.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    A terrible film for which responsibility rests with Michael Carreras. He was asked by Warner to do a Yorga-like Dracula and came up with this. However, Warner were the ones who really ended up with egg on their face because they had already commissioned the sequel before they saw how bad this was.

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by m35541 View Post
    A terrible film for which responsibility rests with Michael Carreras. He was asked by Warner to do a Yorga-like Dracula and came up with this. However, Warner were the ones who really ended up with egg on their face because they had already commissioned the sequel before they saw how bad this was.
    As I mentioned above, I actually prefer the sequel, but its release was doomed by the poor reaction to the first film and both were the (almost) final nail in the coffin for Christopher Lee as Dracula.

Liked
    4 times
    I'm sure you've all noticed that there are some terrific close-ups of the heaving bosoms of Caroline Munro and Stephanie Beacham - shot with careful attention to detail and totally essential to the plotline, of course!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast