Junior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi guys i particularly fond the increasing use of product placement quite annoying when watching films.

That is why i decided to do my dissertation on the topic, to find out what does people think about this practice

If you could give me minutes of your time and answer the following survey i'll really appreciate it

https://strathbusiness.qualtrics.com...ewFO3NM6OjyMUQ

Also feel free to say how do you feel in here too

Thanks!

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    I tried but since I can't actually think of any recent examples of product placement I've noticed, I failed at the question 'Please specify types of products or brands that are commonly used in product placement' when it wouldn't let me procede unless I named something. Though I wasn't that impressed by your assumption that the world can be divided into The British and Everyone Else and Under 34s and Everyone Else. I guess I'm just not the sort of sample you're looking for

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainWaggett View Post
    I tried but since I can't actually think of any recent examples of product placement I've noticed, I failed at the question 'Please specify types of products or brands that are commonly used in product placement' when it wouldn't let me procede unless I named something. Though I wasn't that impressed by your assumption that the world can be divided into The British and Everyone Else and Under 34s and Everyone Else. I guess I'm just not the sort of sample you're looking for
    I just answered "n/a" to that question

Every other question (and I did read them) either got a "Neither agree nor disagree" or a "Strongly disagree" type of answer depending on whether you were asking if I thought it made any difference ("Neither agree nor disagree") or if you were asking if I thought it damaged the film-going experience ("Strongly disagree").

It's a highly biased survey

Steve

Senior Member Country: UK Freddy's Avatar
    Liked
    243 times
    My failing is getting engrossed in laptops with their logo covered, I'm sure New Tricks Brian uses an Apple though the logo is covered by something unidentifiable so half the time is spent thinking more of what the product could be rather than what it is and moving on.
    BBC's 'Case Histories' Jason Isaacs mentioned Blackberry a couple of times, nice when a product becomes known by its name rather than what it is, nobody says remember your iphone or Nokia.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
    My failing is getting engrossed in laptops with their logo covered, I'm sure New Tricks Brian uses an Apple though the logo is covered by something unidentifiable so half the time is spent thinking more of what the product could be rather than what it is and moving on.
    What about the big Apple logo on the lid? You can also tell by looking at any open Window, Apple windows look different to Microsoft windows.

BBC's 'Case Histories' Jason Isaacs mentioned Blackberry a couple of times, nice when a product becomes known by its name rather than what it is, nobody says remember your iphone or Nokia.
    Possibly because there are so many models of Blackberry. It's a shame they're all so bad though

I use a lot of mobile phones in my work and I always have quite a few of them. I thought that the iPhone was a case of design over function and was designed to look good rather than to actually work well. But then I got a Blackberry as well, and they're a lot worse.

I've heard lots of people say "remember your iPhone" or Nokia or Blackberry, but that's because they are referring to a particular phone. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say Blackberry when they are using it as a generic for any mobile phone.

Steve

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Mark O's Avatar
    Liked
    202 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainWaggett View Post
    . Though I wasn't that impressed by your assumption that the world can be divided into The British and Everyone Else and Under 34s and Everyone Else.
    Same here Cap'n, it gives the impression that if you're 'mature', ones views aren't relevant, I suggest the researchers at Strathclyde add a few more age options in future, but I completed the survey as asked, I don't really notice product placement that much, but I do generally notice when a brand name on say a packet of cornflakes has been covered up, it's five decades of my beloved Corrie to blame for that!

Senior Member Country: Spain Rowdon's Avatar
    Liked
    143 times
    I haven't got time to do the questionnaire because I'm in ESTRELLA DAMM BEER's Barcelona. Just about to have some ESTRELLA DAMM BEER dinner. Possibly with beer.

Senior Member Country: UK Freddy's Avatar
    Liked
    243 times
    Last night's Wallander had a subtitled mention of Snickers bar or Marathon as us old a***s remember it.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Mark O's Avatar
    Liked
    202 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
    Last night's Wallander had a subtitled mention of Snickers bar or Marathon as us old a***s remember it.
    I wish they'd bring back 'Aztec', I don't really see why they changed it from Marathon to Snickers for the UK market, 'Snickers' is american sounding.

Senior Member Country: Ireland jimw1's Avatar
    Liked
    396 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark O View Post
    I wish they'd bring back 'Aztec',
    I had totally forgotten about those Mark.......I used to enjoy the odd Aztec now and then......

Junior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi guys
    Ill be closing the survey soon to start analyzing the results, i'll be reaaly greateful to get some more respondets

again the link
    https://strathbusiness.qualtrics.com...ewFO3NM6OjyMUQ

Thanks!

Junior Member Country: Taiwan
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi there, I am a postgraduate student of University of Strathclyde, is currently doing a research about foreign language films and consumer behaviors of moviegoers. If you are 18-65 years of age, live in the UK, and your first language is English, your opinions will give me great assistance with this study! All the gathered data is kept entirely confidential. I will really appreciate you taking 5 minutes to complete the survey.

Get started by clicking on this link.
    https://strathbusiness.qualtrics.com...rgcrkLADLY3u7O

Thank you very much for your cooperation!

Junior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Dear film lovers

I am a postgraduate student in the University of Leeds, UK. I am doing my dissertation at this moment and it is about product placement in films of different genres. It will be great if you can spend less than 10 minutes to complete a short survey. Your opinions will be of great importance for understanding this topic and helping my dissertation. Your responses will be anonymous and confidential, and only be used for academic purposes. Thank you in advance:)

Link to the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/H32DF7B

Many thanks