Thread: The Veteran

Junior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello there!
    Just a reminder that The Veteran will be released on DVD on the 29th of August! It's a gritty British thriller that stars rising star Toby Kebbell and character actor legend Brian Cox.
    When soldier Robert Miller returns home to the UK from Afghanistan he finds it hard to fit back into society. Living on a violent council estate he soon becomes obsessed with taking down a group of local gangsters who are linked to a suspected terrorist cell and embarks on a brutal quest for justice with devastating consequences.

Starring BAFTA winner Toby Kebbell (Dead Man�s Shoes, RocknRolla) in a career-defining performance, Brian Cox (The Bourne Identity) and Ashley �Bashy� Thomas (Shank), The Veteran is a powerful and thrilling insight into the mind of a man who refuses to back down.

�Powerful� / �Kebbell is riveting� - Empire
    �Violent and terrifying� - Clash
    �Kebbell is utterly mesmerising� - Time Out
    �Intense and exciting� - Flavour Magazine

It's available to pre-order on Amazon, and will be in all major retailers on the 29th of August. If you're looking for a tough but thought-provoking film that doesn't fit into the usual boxes, it's well worth checking out. Also, the stunning performance from Kebbell alone is worth the price tag.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    6 times
    This reminded me strongly of THE FIXER tv series for which I had a real soft spot - but I didn't enjoy it as much. I like my gratuitous violence as much as the next immature male but there were too many cardboard stereotypes and a totally unconvincing ending. Buy THE FIXER box set instead.