Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    109 times
    A number of characters popping up in films and television and have died in the storylines. Despite this, the cinema and television industry, still continue making films and series about them.

How many characters in this catagory can Britmovie members name? Preferably characters who have been killed off in their first story. But not necessary.

Must sign off in a minute. Au revoir.

Alan French.

GRAEME
    Well, George Dixon seems to be a good example!

And in America, another copper, the excellent Richard Widmark in Madigan (film and TV series)

Senior Member Country: England billy farmer's Avatar
    Liked
    308 times
    The character of Professor Moriarty appeared in three of the Basil Rathbone Sherlock Holmes Movies and was killed off in all three, he was also killed off in the Sherlock Holmes Granada series, thrown of the Reichenbach Falls in Switzerland by Jeremy Brett's Holmes, but the character of Professor Moriarty still continues to appear in Sherlock Holmes films and TV series, a character you simply cannot get rid of.
    Last edited by billy farmer; 14-09-11 at 02:29 PM.

Senior Member Country: UK Mr Sloane's Avatar
    Liked
    239 times
    Rory !

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    Harry Lime .... dead in the film The Third Man .... alive and well in the subsequent TV series The Third Man.

Super Moderator Country: England
    Liked
    7 times
    Not to mention Holmes himself.....

Liked
    308 times
    Count Dracula.

Senior Member Country: England cassidy's Avatar
    Liked
    94 times
    Trampas was killed off in both versions of "The Virginian" 1929 & 1946 but became a "goodie" in the TV series.

Senior Member Country: UK Mr Sloane's Avatar
    Liked
    239 times
    Did n't Jamie Summers die in the 6 million dollar man only to be resurrected when the network fancied a spin off ?

Senior Member Country: England jaycad's Avatar
    Liked
    100 times
    'Dirty Den' and countless other rubbish soap characters no doubt!

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Nigel Pargetter

Steve

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cassidy View Post
    Trampas was killed off in both versions of "The Virginian" 1929 & 1946 but became a "goodie" in the TV series.
    .... only to die again in the 2000 version.

Liked
    109 times
    Hi,
    Good responses so far. Some I expected, but some I didn't. I am surprised that no-one mentioned Frankenstein's creature/s, The Master or King Kong. There is a grey area with regard to The Daleks and Bobby Ewing. In both the last cases they were brought back because of being exceptionally popular with viewers. The Daleks were killed off, but to explain there were more, another type come along. So only one community were obviously wiped out. Bobby Ewing did not actually die, because his death was a dream.

Mind you, it is open to debate about PC George Dixon. In the film The Blue Lamp he is not based in Dock Green, but Paddington Green. His wife is still alive. Whereas in the television series, he is a widower, and of course, he is based in Dock Green. Some of the characters in The Blue Lamp also appear in the television series. So were there two George Dixons? Both Jack Warner look-alikes? Or am I being tongue in cheek?

Alan French.

Senior Member Country: England sidney bliss's Avatar
    Liked
    48 times
    The Young Ones made a comic relief song and video with Cliff Richard and appeared on Comic Relief after driving off a cliff

Senior Member Country: England sidney bliss's Avatar
    Liked
    48 times
    Oh, and Kenny from South Park

Liked
    94 times
    If we're talking monsters then we cant leave out "The Wolfman" who came back to meet Frankensteins monster. As for Jack Warner, whilst there weren't two of him, he did have two sisters "Gert & Daisy" otherwise known as Elsie and Doris Walters.
    Quote Originally Posted by alan french View Post
    Hi,
    Good responses so far. Some I expected, but some I didn't. I am surprised that no-one mentioned Frankenstein's creature/s, The Master or King Kong. There is a grey area with regard to The Daleks and Bobby Ewing. In both the last cases they were brought back because of being exceptionally popular with viewers. The Daleks were killed off, but to explain there were more, another type come along. So only one community were obviously wiped out. Bobby Ewing did not actually die, because his death was a dream.

Mind you, it is open to debate about PC George Dixon. In the film The Blue Lamp he is not based in Dock Green, but Paddington Green. His wife is still alive. Whereas in the television series, he is a widower, and of course, he is based in Dock Green. Some of the characters in The Blue Lamp also appear in the television series. So were there two George Dixons? Both Jack Warner look-alikes? Or am I being tongue in cheek?

Alan French.

Liked
    7 times
    Peter Cushing's Baron Frankenstein appears to have been killed at the end of Evil of Frankenstein but was alive and well again at the beginning of Frankenstein Created Woman. He is also killled at the end of Frankenstein Must be Destroyed only to reappear in an asylum in Frankenstein and the Monster From Hell.

Bela Lugosi as Ygor is killed off at the end of Son of Frankenstein but is then alive at the beginning of Ghost of Frankenstein with the all-embracing explanation that "Ygor does not die so easy".

Liked
    109 times
    Hi,
    True. We cannot leave out The Wolfman.

With regard to Jack Warner; I remember Gert and Daisey. Oh! Boy! I am getting old!

Alan French.

Liked
    308 times
    Was Fu Manchu ever killed off in any films or TV serials, i have only seen the character of Fu Manchu in four films - three of the 1960's films starring Christopher Lee as Fu Manchu and the 1980 film which starred Peter Sellers as both Fu Manchu and his arch enemy Nayland Smith.

Liked
    94 times
    Never mind Gert & Daisy, I remember watching "Oh Boy". I AM getting old !!
    Quote Originally Posted by alan french View Post
    Hi,
    True. We cannot leave out The Wolfman.

With regard to Jack Warner; I remember Gert and Daisey. Oh! Boy! I am getting old!

Alan French.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast