Senior Member Country: England billy farmer's Avatar
    Liked
    308 times
    I wondered if anyone could help me identify a film which i saw on TV in the early 1980's, the film is definitely American, i don't remember much about the film except that there is a creature and that one day he is spotted by someone in a wood, i think that it is stated by someone in the film that there had been sightings of a creature in the same woods many years before (probably the same creature), something else i remember about the film is that there is a family who either live in the woods or near to the woods and there is a scene in the film where the creature roams around their house at night, but the creature does not enter the house, i would be very grateful if anyone could help me identify the film that i am thinking of, i admit that the film i am thinking of (whatever the title) is a film that i would have no wish to see ever again, i am just curious to know the title of the film.

Senior Member Country: England Tonch's Avatar
    Liked
    98 times
    Sounds a bit like Children Of The Full Moon from the Hammer House Of Horror series, 1980. Might it be that Billy?

Liked
    308 times
    Thanks for your reply Tonch, i am certain Children Of The Full Moon is not the title i am looking for, what i am thinking of is a film and definitely American.

Liked
    151 times

Liked
    308 times
    Thanks for your reply DB7, i have seen The Watcher in the Woods a few times and i am also certain that it is not the title i am looking for, i am sure that the film i am thinking of was definitely American and was also set in America somewhere.

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    How about .... A Howling in the Woods with Larry Hagman.

Liked
    308 times
    Thanks for the reply batman, I have had a good look at A Howling in the Woods on YouTube and i am certain that it is not the film i am thinking of, i am also sure the creature in the woods was two legged in the film that i am thinking of.
    Last edited by billy farmer; 18-09-11 at 05:26 PM.

Senior Member Country: England cassidy's Avatar
    Liked
    94 times
    Colour or black and white ?

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times

Liked
    308 times
    Thanks for your reply cornershop, i have read about both Don't Go in the Woods and The Texas Chain Saw Massacre on imdb and i am certain that neither is the film that i am thinking of, i am also certain that the two films you have provided links for are films that i definitely have no wish to ever see, the film i am thinking of was definitely in colour and i am sure i saw it only once in the early 1980's one evening.

Liked
    80 times
    Can you remember what genre it was, Billy? Sounds like horror but needn't be if the creature turned out to be friendly!

I thought it could be a film with Bigfoot in it, but don't know which one. Can you remember any other details about the beast? Could it have been a TV movie rather than a cinematic one?

E.

Senior Member Country: England cassidy's Avatar
    Liked
    94 times
    This one is a real longshot, but I'll post it anyway. "The Beast that Walks Like a Man" which was from the "Cimarron Strip" series in the late 60's and might have been shown again in the 80's.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Could it be The Legend of Boggy Creek (1972) - IMDb

This used to turn up on TV from time to time back then.

Liked
    308 times
    Thanks for your reply cassidy, i have read about the Cimarron Strip episode you have mentioned and i am sure that it is not what i am thinking of, i am sure what i am thinking of was a film, also thanks to ajhooper for your reply, The Legend Of Boggy Creek sounds very promising and it might well be what i am thinking of, i have checked YouTube and The Legend Of Boggy Creek is on there (the entire film), i will have to watch it and see if it jogs any memories, i will let you know if it is what i have been thinking of, i am sure the film that i am thinking of was on one evening in the early 1980's, perhaps on BBC2 and it might have been shown as part of a season of monster movies, i am sure the creature in the film was two legged and hairy and i am also sure that the creature was menacing but did not intentionally hurt anyone, i have remembered another scene in the film where a man is riding a horse through the woods and the horse suddenly comes to an abrupt halt and the creature is standing in front of them, i don't think the creature hurts either of them.
    Last edited by billy farmer; 19-09-11 at 04:09 PM.

Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by billy farmer View Post
    Thanks for your reply cassidy, i have read about the Cimarron Strip episode you have mentioned and i am sure that it is not what i am thinking of, i am sure what i am thinking of was a film, also thanks to ajhooper for your reply, The Legend Of Boggy Creek sounds very promising and it might well be what i am thinking of, i have checked YouTube and The Legend Of Boggy Creek is on there (the entire film), i will have to watch it and see if it jogs any memories, i will let you know if it is what i have been thinking of, i am sure the film that i am thinking of was on one evening in the early 1980's, perhaps on BBC2 and it might have been shown as part of a season of monster movies, i am sure the creature in the film was two legged and hairy and i am also sure that the creature was menacing but did not intentionally hurt anyone, i have remembered another scene in the film where a man is riding a horse through the woods and the horse suddenly comes to an abrupt halt and the creature is standing in front of them, i don't think the creature hurts either of them.
    Pretty sure it's Boggy Creek - I saw it on BBC2 around the same time.

Liked
    308 times
    I have watched a lot of The Legend Of Boggy Creek on YouTube and i am now totally confident that it is the film i have been thinking of, a few of the scenes jogged my memory, thank you very much ajhooper and also thanks to everyone else who replied.

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Billy.
    It's a bit late now, but my instant though was boggy creek from your description.

Liked
    308 times
    The Beast of Boggy Creek: The True Story of the Fouke Monster, a Book that will definitely interest anyone who is interested in the Fouke Monster - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beast-Boggy-...72/ref=sr_1_1?
    Last edited by billy farmer; 20-01-13 at 02:43 PM.

Liked
    4 times
    I was also going to suggest CREATURE FROM BLACK LAKE, but if BOGGY CREEK is the one then congratulations, problem solved.