Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Banned Country: UK
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by christoph404 View Post
    The set is a replica of the mocked up platform at Charing Cross pretending to be Temple.....its Temple station for the sake of the drama...but not as we who have travelled through it know it.
    I know that...that is what I was typing above. Maybe I should have typed this....

Which would mean the Temple Tube station is not a replica of it then,that will confuse some 007 film geeks out there when they try to see the real location.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Mark O's Avatar
    Liked
    202 times
    The set is a replica of the mocked up platform at Charing Cross pretending to be Temple.....its Temple station for the sake of the drama...but not as we who have travelled through it know it.....we could go around in circles here, just like the circle line which does not travel through Charing Cross !! Your getting me confused and I've been to Temple..
    Lol Chris, in the film the train departs from Temple then arrives at Embankment which used to be called Charing Cross!...........groan, next time I board a train at Tower Hill and travel through Temple I'll always smile and think of the posts on this thread.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Charing_X_Renamed.png

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst_Isle View Post
    I know that...that is what I was typing above. Maybe I should have typed this....

Which would mean the Temple Tube station is not a replica of it then,that will confuse some 007 film geeks out there when they try to see the real location.

Hopefully before the location geeks come from far and wide someone will put what is where on Skyfall's IMDB page, though I think they'll have to obtain special permission and be accompanied if they want to see the ex Jubilee line platforms at Charing Cross.

Also a person may pinpoint where the actual Skyfall house in Scotland is, or was, lol, the surrounding scenery is absolutely stunning..

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    69 times
    Why isn't David Arnold doing baton waving duties on this one?
    Ta Ta
    Marky B

Super Moderator Country: UK christoph404's Avatar
    Liked
    77 times
    Mark O, regarding the scenes in Scotland, the arial shot of Bond driving his DB5 is the main Road from Tyndrum to Glen Coe A82,heading North, and the section he is driving on is through Rannoch Moore which is a couple of miles before Glen Coe itself, as the camera pulls back you can see the distinctive "Black Mount" ( Buachaille Etive Mor) on the left of frame which is a dark ominous symmetrical shaped mountain, which is known as the guardian of Glen Coe. Along that road there is a turning to the left signposted Glen Etive,its a one track road that goes for about 14 miles and stops at Loch Etive itself so its a dead end so to speak. Its on this Road that Bond and M stop and get out of the DB5 for a contemplation, its also in this area that the set for Bond's family house was built in a clearing in a field! Your right about it being stunning, I've cycled both roads many times and camped along that Glen Etive road, its fairly remote which is why they chose it I guess.
    Last edited by christoph404; 02-11-12 at 01:49 PM.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Odeon68's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    if you haven't seen this offering as yet, when the time arrives, do look out for :

Spoiler:
    the baby scorpion in a glass;

a very impressive stunt involving contact with a hi-tech elevator, that looks genuine and not 'doctored'

a running-gag centred around a bulldog with a waistcoat.

a very-well choreographed tracking shot involving Bond communicating with another 'agent' in one continuous take

Ralph Feinnes' unfeasibly ample buttocks in his debut shot.
    Last edited by batman; 02-11-12 at 08:25 PM.

Senior Member Country: England jaycad's Avatar
    Liked
    100 times
    I think that I may actually go and watch 'Skyfall'-it will be the first Bond film that I have watched in the cinema since 'A View to a Kill'-the only thing putting me off is having to actually visit a cinema!
    I like what I've seen of Daniel Craigs performance as 'James Bond' but agree with a previous posts opinion that it is a little too 'working class'.

Super Moderator Country: UK christoph404's Avatar
    Liked
    77 times
    Im amazed that that term"working class" is still used these days...its so 1950s.....I know what folk are getting at but is it a meaningful description in this day and age or is there any such thing? What would be the definition of "working class" in 2012?......thats not a rhetorical question!!

Liked
    100 times
    Im amazed that that term"working class" is still used these days...its so 1950s.....I know what folk are getting at but is it a meaningful description in this day and age or is there any such thing? What would be the definition of "working class" in 2012?......thats not a rhetorical question!!
    I was a bit unsure at posting the term,another post explained it better but was rather derogatory. Maybe I should have said that Daniel Craigs Bond doesn't come across as public school like most other Bonds have done.

Liked
    0 times
    I think Craig resembles some 'geezers' who can be seen in basic, rough-hewn 'drinking clubs' that can be seen in some of the 'less exclusive' areas of town, or indeed he wouldn't look out of place hanging around outside a bookies' on a tough council estate. A few casual Bond viewers have repeated this same opinion to myself, independently of each other, so he clearly comes accross as such to some onlookers.

That he has managed to pull himself up from this 'humble origins' and now attend Premiere screenings of big-budget films starring his good self, is a credit to his ability to overcome his somewhat 'unrefined' prescence.

I have no idea of Craig's actual background, whether he is of 'posh stock' or otherwise, but it doesn't really matter, and he can't help the way he looks, which hasn't held him back, incidentally......
    Last edited by Odeon68; 03-11-12 at 02:23 PM.

Senior Member Country: UK Mr Sloane's Avatar
    Liked
    239 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycad View Post
    I was a bit unsure at posting the term,another post explained it better but was rather derogatory. Maybe I should have said that Daniel Craigs Bond doesn't come across as public school like most other Bonds have done.

Sean Connery

Liked
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Sloane View Post
    Sean Connery
    I wouldn't say that Sean Connerys Bond is particulary rough around the edges-okay,he's hardly David Niven but I cannot imagine Connery sipping from a bottle of brown ale or cracking open a can of party seven!

Senior Member Country: UK Mr Sloane's Avatar
    Liked
    239 times
    I wouldn't say that Sean Connerys Bond is particulary rough around the edges-okay,he's hardly David Niven but I cannot imagine Connery sipping from a bottle of brown ale or cracking open a can of party seven!
    Yes that's all us working class fellas do.

Liked
    0 times
    I think the class system is still rife in the UK, Chris: in most walks of life. I've had good jobs and bad, and I've worked in factories. I had a mate there from a good background and he was definitely knowledgeable about many subjects, but a lot of the council-estate employees there regarded him as an idiot, giving him dog's abuse to his face...this was 'inverted snobbery' towards someone who some felt shouldn't be there, and it's a pretty unpleasant human trait.

Not everyone in the UK is a snob, but I reckon it's widespread enough to make life unpleasant in many respects in the UK: I still see this regularly today, in most given scenarios. I saw it at school, I've seen it from members of the Armed Forces, I've seen it in professional circles: it's epedemic in this Great Nation, and many do not even realize they are affected, it is so ingrained.....

Liked
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Sloane View Post
    Yes that's all us working class fellas do.
    I was obviously referring to Daniel Craigs Bond drinking a bottle of Heineken.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeon68 View Post
    Not everyone in the UK is a snob, but I reckon it's widespread enough to make life unpleasant in many respects in the UK: I still see this regularly today, in most given scenarios. I saw it at school, I've seen it from members of the Armed Forces, I've seen it in professional circles: it's epedemic in this Great Nation, and many do not even realize they are affected, it is so ingrained.....
    Not everyone in the world is a snob, but I reckon it's widespread enough to make life unpleasant in many respects in the world: ... it's epidemic in this Great World, and many do not even realize they are affected, it is so ingrained.....

Luckily it's not an epidemic that many are affected by, and certainly no more in this country than any other. Although there are some snobs and some reverse-snobs who still think that such things matter in every country. But they are a tiny fraction of those who used to think it important a few generations ago.

I am reminded of the lady giving a dinner who was advised that two people couldn't be sat next to each other because of their different social station.
    She quickly changed their places saying "Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Steve

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    I cannot imagine Connery sipping from a bottle of brown ale or cracking open a can of party seven!
    122230577356079410ZKk5zNhsc.jpg

Can Craig hold his beer better than this bloke?

Liked
    255 times
    I like this bloke's style .....

george having a kronenbourg.jpg

Liked
    255 times
    Beer and fags, go James .....

lazenbyohmss3.jpg

Liked
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by batman View Post
    122230577356079410ZKk5zNhsc.jpg

Can Craig hold his beer better than this bloke?
    What-Only five bottles then beddy byes? That's no working class Bond-there must not have been a shaker at the bar!

Senior Member Country: Scotland
    Liked
    37 times
    I think the class system is still rife in the UK, Chris: in most walks of life. I've had good jobs and bad, and I've worked in factories. I had a mate there from a good background and he was definitely knowledgeable about many subjects, but a lot of the council-estate employees there regarded him as an idiot, giving him dog's abuse to his face...this was 'inverted snobbery' towards someone who some felt shouldn't be there, and it's a pretty unpleasant human trait.
    I would argue that inverted snobbery is as rampant in Britain today, if not more so than 'conventional' snobbery.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast