Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Does anyone know the type of sports car used by Saber? I thought it looked like a Jowett Jupiter but maybe not?
    Strangely enough they seem to have often used more than one vehicle since in one episode you see the vehicle coming along the road then a few shots later it has suddenly sprouted two fog lamps!

Super Moderator Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    86 times
    Any chance of a screen shot to show the car as I'm not familiar with the title? The Jupiter was available with different coachwork than that offered by the Jowett factory.

Nick

Liked
    22 times

Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Dando View Post
    Any chance of a screen shot to show the car as I'm not familiar with the title? The Jupiter was available with different coachwork than that offered by the Jowett factory.

Nick
    Unfortunately I no longer have the series to hand . If it was available with different bodies then it probably was a Jowett.

Liked
    86 times
    This link shows some images of Jupiter's (and a few Javelin's, as well).

jowett jupiter - Google Search

Nick

Senior Member Country: UK Moor Larkin's Avatar
    Liked
    120 times
    The odd episodes I've seen of The Vise/Saber never set foot outside the cardboard studio walls.....

And they were all the better for it....

Liked
    0 times
    Yes you are probably correct but the scenes involving the cars most certainly took place on the public highway. There is no way these shots could be faked. What you do notice is that they used the same stock outside shots over and over again, sometimes as much as three times in the one episode. I suppose it was really a cheap budget series.

Senior Member Country: New Zealand Anthony McKay's Avatar
    Liked
    6 times
    Lots of location footage in the series (possible the same footage over and over again). Here are some shots of the car:

Liked
    86 times
    That's a Porsche 356 Cabriolet. I'm unable to determine which version it is; it could be a 356A.

Nick

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the information Nick

Senior Member Country: UK Wee Sonny MacGregor's Avatar
    Liked
    4 times
    This sounds like one that needs adding to the Internet Movie Car Database? IMCDb.org: Home page
    Last edited by Wee Sonny MacGregor; 22-10-11 at 02:16 PM. Reason: correction to link

Liked
    6 times
    Anyone know where these are or the make of Pete's car?

SABER OF LONDON: The Penny Black (Jimmy Wilson: 1957)
    Unknown 1 – Late one night Mr. Roberts is at Mr. Ferrari's London house attempting to negotiate the return of his stamp from Mr. Ferrari. Later Inspector Parker (Colin Tapley) arrives at the house with his men to investigate a murder.

Unknown 2 – Mark Saber arrives at the Roberts' stamp shop to interview Mrs. Roberts.

Unknown 3 – Mark Saber tells Pete to follow Mr Turner (Robert Ayres) to see who he meets. Pete follows Turner's taxi to a street where Turner gets out, goes into a bank and returns to pay off the taxi driver. Turner goes into the tobacconists' next door then sets off on foot. Pete leaves his car and follows.

Craven Terrace, W2 - Mr. Turner (Robert Ayres) walks along the road to a caf� where he stands and waits. He has been followed by Pete (Neil McCallum) who watches him from across the street. When Rosie (Jan Holden) eventually arrives they enter the caf� together.

Unknown 4 – After Mr. Turner has waited for a long while outside the caf� Rosie (Jan Holden) appears walking down the street.

Unknown 5 – After leaving the caf� Rosie (Jan Holden) sets off alone. Pete is instructed to follow her.
    Last edited by Anthony McKay; 24-10-11 at 08:58 AM.

Liked
    86 times
    The car is a Vauxhall Victor F.

Vauxhall Victor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nick

Liked
    6 times
    Thanks Nick - a very quick reply

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    11 times
    Unknown 4 is St James and St Michael primary school also in Craven Terrace.
    Last edited by tavistock; 24-10-11 at 02:30 PM. Reason: more info

Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tavistock View Post
    Unknown 4 is St James and St Michael primary school also in Craven Terrace.
    Thanks Tavistock.

I double checked this - yes it is Craven Terrace, but it's the opposite side of the road (directly) - it's the former Craven Hill United Reform Chapel which was taken over as a Kingdom Hall by the JWs. If you know it was a Kingdom Hall the sign above the door sort of confirms it.

It looks like the design of the chapel was based on the school building so there are some common features.

Liked
    6 times
    Some more unknown locations:

MARK SABER aka THE VISE aka UNCOVERED: Farewell Mrs Forrest (Harry Lee Danziger: 1957)
    Unknown 1 �Mark Saber and Stevie Ames go across the street to the Blake Hotel to talk business with Jack Forest and his wife.

SABER OF LONDON: Saber's Bow and Arrow (Max Varnel: 1958)
    Unknown 1 �The home of Harold Gregson. Pete Palson (Neil McCallum) and Mark Saber (Donald Grey) arrive in Saber's Porsche 356 cabriolet after being summoned by Gregson.

Unknown 2 �Linda (Ann Stephens) and Frank (Michael Bryant) attempt to get married so they drive to Gretna Green and book into an inn. Pete Paulson (Neil McCallum), Mark Saber (Donald Grey) and Harold Gregson (Vincent Holman) arrive at the inn looking for Gregson's daughter in Saber's Porsche 356 cabriolet.

Vicaridge Road, Watford - James Street Edinburgh, next to the arena (Watford Football Club). Pete Paulson (Neil McCallum) waits for the kidnappers to use the telephone box. Frank (Michael Bryant) and Mark Saber (Donald Grey) wait in Saber's Porsche 356 cabriolet nearby. When Freddy (Geoffrey Hibbert) uses the phone Saber, Pete and Frank pounce.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain mariocki's Avatar
    Liked
    32 times
    The 'Blake Hotel' is our old favourite the Melia White House, Osnaburgh Terrace NW1.

Liked
    6 times
    Thamks Geoff - I knew I knew it, but couldn't put my brain on it - I also know I know Penny Black No.1 - but, despite me plying my brain with cheap wine over many hours, I can't get it to spill the beans!

Liked
    6 times
    Aha! Cleveland Square/Devonshire Terrace, W2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast