Member Country: England
    Liked
    1 times
    Hello, I've spent fruitless hours over the years trying to track down 3 movies that I remember watching on TV as a child/teenager, so I hope someone can help!

1) A western about 2 bounty hunters - one black, one white. I seem to recall that the black bounty hunter had 2 sawn-off shotgun pistols. I think they were on the trail of a gang who'd stolen gold. This might have been a made-for-tv movie. I saw this circa 1977.

2) An older comedy war film - it was about a platoon which had to take part in some exercise in the jungle. The only thing that I remember about it was that they were held up once or twice by opposing forces and made to swap equipment and at the end they were shoeless and dressed in rags. I was very young when I watched this and, as I haven't seen it since, it might be a very poor film or (like Mister Moses) be deemed inappropriate nowadays. I apologise it it turns out to be an episode of a TV series! I'd still love to know the name of it!

3) Finally, the heist movie, which I saw in the 80s. I have high hopes that this will be familiar to a few people. I think it might be an Australian or NZ production. It's about a former special forces type group who carry out a heist. The local ganglord gets to hear of it and he wants a share of the proceeds. He captures and tortures (with bolt cutters) one of the gang and the remaining members take their revenge. I've spent hours trawling through Aussie film sites, but with no luck. I suppose I might have misremembered the setting!
    Last edited by antonylds; 10-11-11 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Typos

Liked
    80 times

Senior Member Country: Aaland dremble wedge's Avatar
    Liked
    85 times
    The Aussie heist one could be Money Movers

Edit - seconded!

Liked
    1 times
    Unfortunately not - I've got Money Movers on DVD (good movie, especially once you get past the Skippy connection!). It's different to the MM in that the gang is successful.
    It really is possible that I'm wrong about the Aussie setting - it must be 25 years since I've seen it! Thanks for the suggestion, though.
    Last edited by antonylds; 10-11-11 at 01:31 AM.

Senior Member Country: Aaland dremble wedge's Avatar
    Liked
    85 times
    Killer Force has a bunch of ex-military types robbing a diamond mine, but it's set somewhere in Africa.

Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm sorry, it's not that. That's the trouble with the scenario I've described - it fits quite a few films!

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by antonylds View Post
    I seem to recall that the black bounty hunter had 2 sawn-off shotgun pistols.
    This part would seem to be a memory of BUCK AND THE PREACHER.
    buck_and_the_preacher_xlg.jpg

Liked
    1 times
    Thank you, Asiamiles! I think you're right - Sidney Poitier fits the bill! However, I now suspect my memory has been playing tricks and I've combined Buck and the Preacher with Any Gun Can Play. The two films together certainly tick all the boxes!

My first question has been answered - thanks!