Junior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Does any body know of an old British made film (circa 1940s) where the lead charachter ( whoI think worked in a haberdashery) kept pulling money form his trouser pockets,the lead charachter I think was James Hayter the man who was the original voiceof Mr kipling cakes advert but I may be wrong if not it was someone exceedingly like him I remember one scene where he accumalated so much money that he was buying modern items of that day (1940s) and In perticular a white rabbit as he lay in bed, in the end the government got to find out aboutthese apparently magic trousers and had them burnt but it began to happen on hisnext pair of trousers and that is where the film ends. I'm sure I have notimagined this film but everybody( of my generation & I'm 61) I ask hasnever seen or heard of such a film. Please put me out of my misery someone andtell me that I have not dreamt this film .Thank you in anticipation.

Senior Member Country: England cassidy's Avatar
    Liked
    94 times
    Could it be "Priceless Pockets" also with Wilfred Hyde-White.
    Quote Originally Posted by alsmanak View Post
    Does any body know of an old British made film (circa 1940s) where the lead charachter ( whoI think worked in a haberdashery) kept pulling money form his trouser pockets,the lead charachter I think was James Hayter the man who was the original voiceof Mr kipling cakes advert but I may be wrong if not it was someone exceedingly like him I remember one scene where he accumalated so much money that he was buying modern items of that day (1940s) and In perticular a white rabbit as he lay in bed, in the end the government got to find out aboutthese apparently magic trousers and had them burnt but it began to happen on hisnext pair of trousers and that is where the film ends. I'm sure I have notimagined this film but everybody( of my generation & I'm 61) I ask hasnever seen or heard of such a film. Please put me out of my misery someone andtell me that I have not dreamt this film .Thank you in anticipation.

Senior Member Country: UK Freddy's Avatar
    Liked
    243 times
    I was thinking of this film myself last week, thanks for reminding me of the title, I'd forgotten it.

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    The film is actually called The Triangle - it's three episodes of the Douglas Fairbanks Jr Presents series stuck together. it gets asked about a lot but, alas, nobody seems to have a copy

Liked
    151 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainWaggett View Post
    The film is actually called The Triangle - it's three episodes of the Douglas Fairbanks Jr Presents series stuck together. it gets asked about a lot but, alas, nobody seems to have a copy
    Does seem extraordinarily popular that story.

Super Moderator Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    86 times
    I thought The Triangle was about North Sea ferries.

Nick

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Dando View Post
    I thought The Triangle was about North Sea ferries.

Nick

Stop thinking about Kate O'Mara 'sunbathing'

Super Moderator Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    86 times
    I can't now you've put it in my head! Argh!

Nick

Senior Member Country: Afghanistan
    Liked
    46 times
    It was actually called 'A priceless pocket' an episode of the 'Douglas Fairbanks Jrn presents'
    TV series.

"Douglas Fairbanks, Jr., Presents" A Priceless Pocket (TV episode 1953) - IMDb

'The Triangle' of three episodes were shown as second features in the cinema.
    However when ITV came along the Douglas Fairbanks Jrn series was a favourite perennial until the 1970s, although they were often shown with just their episode listed and not the umbrella title of the series.

Another one EVERYBODY seems to remember was about a man who gains super human powers of hearing after an accident (I wonder if Dennis Spooner was watching that one?)
    Last edited by Arfur Teacake; 07-12-11 at 10:06 PM.