Senior Member Country: England billy farmer's Avatar
    Liked
    308 times
    I can remember watching a Wartime Drama in the 1990's which i think was shown on Sunday's on BBC1, i think the Wartime Drama i am thinking of was shown in two or three parts and was set in the early part of the Second World War, i can remember scenes set during the Battle of Britain when the German Air Force (the Luftwaffe) were flying in the skies over Britain, i can remember that some of the scenes featuring the German Air Force used footage from the film Battle Of Britain (1969), i can't remember the names of any of the Actors or Actresses who appeared in this Wartime Drama that i am thinking of, i would be very grateful to anyone who could help me identify the Wartime Drama that i am thinking of.

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times

Senior Member Country: Afghanistan
    Liked
    46 times
    Could it be Night Flight (2002)
    with Edwardwoodward ?

Night Flight (TV 2002) - IMDb

Liked
    308 times
    Thank you for your reply Captain, i have read about No Bananas on imdb and bfi and i am now very confident that it is the Wartime Drama that i have been thinking of, No Bananas was set in the early part of the Second World War and was shown on Sundays on BBC1, i can't remember there being 10 episodes, but i think i did see the entire series, thank you also for your reply Arfur, now that i know the answer i would definitely like to see No Bananas again, i hope i will be able to find the entire series on DVD somewhere.

Liked
    308 times
    I have found a clip from No Bananas on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZFxGvtYATo

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Captain Oates's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by billy farmer View Post
    I can remember watching a Wartime Drama in the 1990's which i think was shown on Sunday's on BBC1, i think the Wartime Drama i am thinking of was shown in two or three parts and was set in the early part of the Second World War, i can remember scenes set during the Battle of Britain when the German Air Force (the Luftwaffe) were flying in the skies over Britain, i can remember that some of the scenes featuring the German Air Force used footage from the film Battle Of Britain (1969), i can't remember the names of any of the Actors or Actresses who appeared in this Wartime Drama that i am thinking of, i would be very grateful to anyone who could help me identify the Wartime Drama that i am thinking of.

I think there is a very good chance of this being Piece Of Cake (1988) - it was however on ITV on Sunday evenings in 1988.

Piece Of Cake - The Complete Series [DVD] [1988]: Amazon.co.uk: Boyd Gaines, Tim Woodward, Tom Radcliffe, Neil Gudgeon: Film & TV

Liked
    308 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Oates View Post
    I think there is a very good chance of this being Piece Of Cake (1988) - it was however on ITV on Sunday evenings in 1988.

Piece Of Cake - The Complete Series [DVD] [1988]: Amazon.co.uk: Boyd Gaines, Tim Woodward, Tom Radcliffe, Neil Gudgeon: Film & TV
    Thank you for your reply, i am very confident that No Bananas (the answer provided by CaptainWaggett in post 2) was the Wartime Drama i was thinking of, the Wartime Drama (No Bananas) i can remember watching was shown in the 1990's on BBC1 and the 10 episodes were all shown on Sunday's.

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    Thank you for your reply, i am very confident that No Bananas (the answer provided by CaptainWaggett in post 2) was the Wartime Drama i was thinking of, the Wartime Drama (No Bananas) i can remember watching was shown in the 1990's on BBC1 and the 10 episodes were all shown on Sunday's.

I have no recollection of it but acording to IMDB it does use a clip from Battle of Britain

"No Bananas" (1996) - Movie connections

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Captain Oates's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Glad you've identified it as No Bananas. I was struck how similar the two series must have been. I didn't know about Piece of Cake recycling footage from the Battle of Britain film, but a contributor to the IMDB entry says this:

"Visually `Piece of Cake' is stunning...The low flying and dogfights are magically filmed and fleshed out with some outtakes from 1969's `Battle of Britain' produce a visual aerial feast!"