Junior Member Country: Scotland
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi everyone,

I was looking for the name of a short, dark humoured, film (don�t think it was any more than 10mins) shown late night on channel 4 probably around the early to mid 90s - possibly earlier.

The premise is around a young man playing a �shoot-em-up� arcade machine in a dystopian violent future where the idea is not to shoot people who you interact with (traffic wardens etc I seem to remember). The last level I think the machine rejects his coin to try and make him lose the game by getting angry and shooting it with his real gun.
    After winning the boy goes home, and, moved by his experience, tells his Gran he loves her � so she shoots him. I know this sounds really weird, and I was just a kid when I saw it- but if anyone knows what this film was called I�d be very grateful for any help!

Cheers.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Could it be one of the short films in Channel Four's "Four Minutes" series, which ran in 1986 and 1990? Not sure which one, though.

Junior Member Country: Scotland
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Coward View Post
    Could it be one of the short films in Channel Four's "Four Minutes" series, which ran in 1986 and 1990? Not sure which one, though.
    Thanks for the idea- but I've just read through the synopses for them and it isn't one of them- I am sure it was part of a similar weird short series- though I imagine it would have to be closer to the 90s for me to remember it - and was probably longer than 4 minutes to fit the whole concept in.