Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    No notifications sent - Someone has replied on a Youtube page, with same info given here. Thanks very much...Now I need to find out if these 3 episodes still exist, or if someone remembers the synopsis in a bit more detail.

Senior Member Country: Afghanistan
    Liked
    46 times
    The Heirloom does indeed have a sequence of a young girl
    seeing an old faded wedding dress in a glass case.

Sorry I have no more than that

Liked
    2 times
    Thanks Arfur, that then confirms my quest. But causes immense frustration to find and see it once more. TV long running 1950s series Douglas Fairbanks Jnr Presents, episodes from 1954/5. Am looking for Ep.24 ; 2.14 [053] Douglas Fairbanks Presents: THE HEIRLOOM

US: 12May54 NBC. Repeated re-edited on Granada, Yorkshire TV & Anglia TV (at least) in 1969.

Script: John Kneubuhl

Directed by John Gilling

Cast:

Sybil Thorndike ......... Miss Cicely

Judy Campbell ........... Miss Tessie

Nora Swinburne .......... Mrs Stratton

Betty Warren ............ Calra

Synopsis:

The story of an unselfish woman's efforts to protect her simple-minded sister

from reality- the reality which could end her dream-world and even her life.

Liked
    46 times
    If I remember correctly the ' re edits' were simply removing the DFJ introduction,making them self contained stories.
    When afternoon telly kicked off, some regions called them 'Matinee' but this was not to be confused with another imported soap show other regions showed which was also called 'Matinee'

Liked
    2 times
    Just to add, perhaps of interest to those who wonder why any ancient scraps of television, are important to us. I remember the scene (maybe rather 'Penguin Psychology') because, I lost my Grandma and her mother; my Great Grandmother (who lived in a wonderful victorian house) in January of 1969. I think being only five years old I really missed them, but was confused to express it, and this scene with two old ladies etc somehow hit home for me.
    Anyway its only TV but now I know I had NOT invented that scene, and that is great. Thanks all bloggers here.

Liked
    46 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GetoffTheLineBobby View Post
    Just to add, perhaps of interest to those who wonder why any ancient scraps of television, are important to us. I remember the scene (maybe rather 'Penguin Psychology') because, I lost my Grandma and her mother; my Great Grandmother (who lived in a wonderful victorian house) in January of 1969. I think being only five years old I really missed them, but was confused to express it, and this scene with two old ladies etc somehow hit home for me.
    Anyway its only TV but now I know I had NOT invented that scene, and that is great. Thanks all bloggers here.
    From the same era Geoff I had a loss myself, 'The Champions' were on the tv at the time, there was a scene I was watching when I suddenly realised that the loss was permanent and forever. That scene has kept quietly in my mind and the Champions have obviously been repeated many times since, which has somewhat exorcised that particular ghost. Had I seen it once after 40 odd years I'm sure it would have been upsetting as the memories would have come flooding back?

Liked
    2 times
    Myself, I was just getting to know them, I lost my Dads Mum ( another victorian house environment) at the end of that year too. So It would not be disturbing ( I hope) just satisfying .perhaps with the interest in Hitchcock and his TV series too, recently ( The Girl BBC - rather dissapointing I thought) there will be interest in 'Presents' by Fairbanks?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12