Senior Member Country: UK Merton Park's Avatar
    Liked
    9 times
    The Horror Channel Sky 319, Virgin 149 Thursday, the 19th April, night/ Friday morning 12:45-2:20am

A friend dragged to me to an old fleapit near Tottenham many moons ago to watch this at a Saturday midnight showing and well worth it too. Great old late 1950'sBritish colour horror film as many on this site will apppreciate I am sure. Michael Gough,June Cunningham and a young Shirley Anne Field.

Set the recorders!!

Senior Member Country: England cassidy's Avatar
    Liked
    94 times
    I will be setting mine for sure. Thanks Merton Park for the heads up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merton Park View Post
    The Horror Channel Sky 319, Virgin 149 Thursday, the 19th April, night/ Friday morning 12:45-2:20am

A friend dragged to me to an old fleapit near Tottenham many moons ago to watch this at a Saturday midnight showing and well worth it too. Great old late 1950'sBritish colour horror film as many on this site will apppreciate I am sure. Michael Gough,June Cunningham and a young Shirley Anne Field.

Set the recorders!!

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Watch out for an uncredited Marianne Stone . . . but don't use the binoculars!!

Liked
    94 times
    You've got a point !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    Watch out for an uncredited Marianne Stone . . . but don't use the binoculars!!

Senior Member Country: Spain Rowdon's Avatar
    Liked
    143 times
    I've wanted to see this since fist seeing that scene in That'll Be the Day when I was but a lad ...

Screen shot 2012-04-10 at 7.42.13 PM.png

Liked
    9 times
    On reflection, I don't recall this ever being on TV before. For those that keep records and know about these things, has it ever had a previous showing?

Liked
    143 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowdon View Post
    fist seeing
    Er ... that's "first seeing". I wouldn't want anybody to be confused about my life as but a lad.

Senior Member Country: England Johnallan's Avatar
    Liked
    17 times
    Just watched this film which I had not seen before. I thought it started off well but faded away later on. Michael Gough gives a typically excellent performance and acted everybody off the screen - but oh dear oh dear - Shirley Ann Field was embarrassingly wooden in her delivery. How she made a career from acting I shall never know.

Liked
    9 times
    I saw SAF a few years ago going into a restaurant in the West End. Somewhat overdone the Botox I am afraid, shame really , she was a very pretty young girl, trying to recapture it I suppose.

Liked
    94 times
    It certainly has been, although I couldn't tell you when although it was a long time ago. The reason I am so sure is that I remember feeling cheated when certain scenes were cut. For obvious reasons I won't mention those scenes but if you've seen the film yourself you've probably got a good idea.
    On reflection, I don't recall this ever being on TV before. For those that keep records and know about these things, has it ever had a previous showing?

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    Unfortunately the BBFC snipped several of the scenes and I don't think uncut prints have ever circulated.

Senior Member Country: England markrgv's Avatar
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnallan View Post
    Just watched this film which I had not seen before. I thought it started off well but faded away later on. Michael Gough gives a typically excellent performance and acted everybody off the screen - but oh dear oh dear - Shirley Ann Field was embarrassingly wooden in her delivery. How she made a career from acting I shall never know.
    Yes - she was very pretty, but her acting is always embarrasingly wooden.

I saw SAF a few years ago going into a restaurant in the West End. Somewhat overdone the Botox I am afraid, shame really , she was a very pretty young girl, trying to recapture it I suppose.
    That is sad. What is it with women and botox? I hate it. She (like many other women) would still look attractive for her age - so why they feel the need to have a load of chemical pumped into their face or mouth is beyond me Look at the mess Lulu's face looks now!
    Last edited by markrgv; 11-04-12 at 02:32 PM.

Senior Member Country: UK Wee Sonny MacGregor's Avatar
    Liked
    4 times
    This film was hugely controversial when it came out. It was never shown in our town.

Senior Member Country: UK Windthrop's Avatar
    Liked
    44 times
    Great little horror, I also like Konga the low budget British King Kong also with Gough from around the same time.

Liked
    94 times
    Going to watch that tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Windthrop View Post
    Great little horror, I also like Konga the low budget British King Kong also with Gough from around the same time.

Liked
    143 times
    Quote Originally Posted by markrgv View Post
    What is it with women and botox? I hate it. She (like many other women) would still look attractive for her age - so why they feel the need to have a load of chemical pumped into their face or mouth is beyond me.
    The brilliant Joan Rivers' comment on this (and she should know) was: "Listen: when you get old, you have a choice - you can look old, or you can look weird." Its a case of some women wanting anything but 'old'.

Senior Member Country: England markrgv's Avatar
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowdon View Post
    The brilliant Joan Rivers' comment on this (and she should know) was: "Listen: when you get old, you have a choice - you can look old, or you can look weird." Its a case of some women wanting anything but 'old'.