Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 292
  1. #21
    Senior Member Country: New Zealand Anthony McKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,685
    Liked
    6 times
    Don't get too upset about the imdb entries for Pauline, life's too short - I spotted the Graham twins (Dora and Doris) in an early sequence in "Some Girls Do' (1969) six months ago, posted up the information for each actress and the entry has still not been accepted.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Country: England
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,721
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony McKay View Post
    Don't get too upset about the imdb entries for Pauline, life's too short - I spotted the Graham twins (Dora and Doris) in an early sequence in "Some Girls Do' (1969) six months ago, posted up the information for each actress and the entry has still not been accepted.
    A couple of thoughts, Anthony.

    1.Have you submitted lots of information to the IMDB over a period of years? If you have, they tend to believe you when you post items like that. If not, they may not be so keen...
    2.If, as I suspect, the 2 actresses were uncredited in the credits at the beginning or the end of the film, did you remember to submit the 2 credits as "uncredited"? Most important, that.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,453
    Liked
    182 times
    I have to say that my submissions to IMDb used to be added promptly, but they suddenly stopped accepting them and after a few more unsuccessful attempts, I gave up. I'm not aware of having submitted any inaccurate information.

  4. #24
    Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    29,732
    Liked
    418 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    I have to say that my submissions to IMDb used to be added promptly, but they suddenly stopped accepting them and after a few more unsuccessful attempts, I gave up. I'm not aware of having submitted any inaccurate information.
    They've had a few major reorganisations of their staff and they still have a few backlogs after that.

    If you have a query, go to the Contributors Help Board. There are lots of helpful, experienced contributors there and that's about the only way to communicate with IMDb staff

    Steve

  5. #25
    Senior Member Country: New Zealand Anthony McKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,685
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cully View Post
    A couple of thoughts, Anthony.

    1.Have you submitted lots of information to the IMDB over a period of years? If you have, they tend to believe you when you post items like that. If not, they may not be so keen...
    2.If, as I suspect, the 2 actresses were uncredited in the credits at the beginning or the end of the film, did you remember to submit the 2 credits as "uncredited"? Most important, that.
    1, Just a handful.

    2, Yep - did that.

    I'll resubmit and see what happens.
    Last edited by Anthony McKay; 04-05-12 at 09:17 AM. Reason: extra information

  6. #26
    Senior Member Country: UK wellendcanons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,703
    Liked
    154 times
    How wonderful that Pauline Chamberlain now has her own thread. I was the one who started the original thread and identifying this Pauline has long been an ambition of mine.

    Nice one Cully.

    wec

  7. #27
    Senior Member Country: UK wellendcanons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,703
    Liked
    154 times
    I've had another sighting of our Pauline. This time she appears in a feature of The Edgar Wallace Mysteries in an episode called Game For Three Losers. She is sitting behind Toby Robins in a pub bar about 12 mins into it. Toby is being chatted up by some bloke who looks as if he's eaten part of his newspaper! That's until Mark Eden comes along and sits with her. Another credit for her CV.

    wec

  8. #28
    Senior Member Euryale's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,422
    Liked
    80 times
    Using all the usual records, I've been able to find out that Pauline Chamberlain was certainly still alive as of 2007. She appears never to have married. I don't know what became of sister Pamela.


    E.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Country: UK wellendcanons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,703
    Liked
    154 times
    Only just realized but I'm almost sure that's Pauline behind Roger Moore in the final scenes of this episode, The Ex-King Of Diamonds wearing a cat woman like mask. This shot is earlier in the episode.
    http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/y...ng_Pauline.jpg
    wec

  10. #30
    Senior Member Country: England
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,721
    Liked
    11 times
    Delighted to report that I have finally seen Pauline in an old film and have updated her CV as well!

    Student nurse in Never Mention Murder (1964)

  11. #31
    Senior Member Country: England
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,721
    Liked
    11 times
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2108929/?ref_=fn_nm_nm_1

    Phew! I have finally finished uploading Pauline's credits to her page at the IMDB. Thanks to the sterling efforts of Movie Dude, Avelyman, cornershop, wellend and many others as well as my own sightings, she now has an IMDB filmography of around 77 credits! (See above).

    But there are credits missing, I hear you cry. I know. There are 3 reasons for this:

    1. I haven't seen her in those shows.
    2.There are no pics/screengrabs to prove she was in them.
    3.There WERE screengrabs but they have disappeared, many at the ITC sub thread from Imageshack.

    Going forward, I suggest we proceed as follows. If you know of other credits, post them yourself never forgetting to click the "uncredited" button as virtually all were, indeed, uncredited roles. Alternatively, post the screen grabs here and I will upload them at IMDB.

    I believe Pauline and Pamela were born in 1932 so, if they are still with us, they would be around 82 years old. It would be nice to make contact and show them they are not forgotten.

  12. #32
    Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,453
    Liked
    182 times
    Well done and good work, cully.

  13. #33
    Senior Member Country: England
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,721
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    Well done and good work, cully.
    Thanks, Gerald. Happy Easter!

  14. #34
    Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,116
    Liked
    86 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Euryale View Post
    Using all the usual records, I've been able to find out that Pauline Chamberlain was certainly still alive as of 2007. She appears never to have married. I don't know what became of sister Pamela.


    E.
    Interesting Eury. I've been unable to find Pauline on the Social Security index archive with a birth date of 1932. Not sure of the original age source, but I got it from Aveleyman, so I wonder if this is correct? I looked at the same date of birth for twins, but the nearest I could come up with were a Pamela Chamberlain born in November 1928 and a Patricia born same year and month, but a day later.
    Also all appeared to be Mrs, but you said our Pauline hasn't married?

  15. #35
    Banned Country: UK
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    316
    Liked
    7 times
    Quick question Tigon Man. Do you pay to access this information about deaths ? I ask because I was told back in 2002 from a very trust worthy colleague ( a fellow teacher) that a school friend of ours had died. This must have been at some time between 1997 and 2002. I have not been able to find any record of her death on line however and I was wondering how I might find out. We were good friends for years at school but lost contact when I moved away. Any help would be appreciated.

  16. #36
    Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,116
    Liked
    86 times
    I believe you can pay to see these types of records, I've seen them advertised, but I work in the Civil Service, so have access to various useful sites.
    Send me the details in a private message Stonefan and I'll see what I can do.

  17. #37
    Super Moderator Country: United States wearysloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,115
    Liked
    19 times
    ignore this post...for the time being
    Last edited by wearysloth; 23-04-14 at 03:48 AM.

  18. #38
    Banned Country: UK
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    316
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigon Man View Post
    I believe you can pay to see these types of records, I've seen them advertised, but I work in the Civil Service, so have access to various useful sites.
    Send me the details in a private message Stonefan and I'll see what I can do.
    Thanks. I have done as you asked, cheers.

  19. #39
    Senior Member Euryale's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,422
    Liked
    80 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigon Man View Post
    Interesting Eury. I've been unable to find Pauline on the Social Security index archive with a birth date of 1932. Not sure of the original age source, but I got it from Aveleyman, so I wonder if this is correct? I looked at the same date of birth for twins, but the nearest I could come up with were a Pamela Chamberlain born in November 1928 and a Patricia born same year and month, but a day later.
    Also all appeared to be Mrs, but you said our Pauline hasn't married?
    Here are their respective birth records, Tigon:



    The twins were living with their mother at an address in North London in the 1964 electoral roll and Pauline was still at the same property about ten years ago. She was still registered under her birth-name so I assume she never married. I don't know what happened to Pamela.

    E.

  20. #40
    Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,116
    Liked
    86 times
    Thanks Eury,

    After a bit more research I now think I've found our lady

    Miss Pauline Lesley Chamberlain DOB 02/10/1932

    She appears to be still with us and living on the North Circular Road at Palmers Green, London NW13.
    I guess it's probably the same property you mentioned Eury.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Cyril Chamberlain
    By hoggers in forum Actors and Actresses
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 19-12-12, 11:58 PM
  2. Pauline Quirke
    By David Challinor in forum Actors and Actresses
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 13-07-11, 09:24 PM
  3. Pauline Challoner
    By David Challinor in forum Actors and Actresses
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 24-03-11, 12:16 AM
  4. Pauline Jameson
    By jpv103 in forum Actors and Actresses
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-11-09, 06:52 PM
  5. 1977 film with Richard Chamberlain
    By BeneBreno in forum Ask a Film Question
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 28-09-08, 05:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts