Senior Member Country: New Zealand Anthony McKay's Avatar
    Liked
    6 times
    Another one for the list:

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony McKay View Post
    Confusion partly solved - Pauline goes with the rest of the showgirls and other cast members for a 'cup of tea next door' to the theatre - I thought this was the 'green room', but it is a caf� . So she is actually 'showgirl entering caf�"

Phew! Thanks for that, Anthony, I thought I had goofed!

Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony McKay View Post
    Another one for the list:

I don't know where the rest of this post went - The screen grab is from another 'Randall and Hopkirk' episode, 'It's Supposed to be Thicker Than Water'. Although completed before 'That's How Murder Snowballs', it used footage from/shot for this episode.

Liked
    11 times
    So, to recap, we now don't think she was in, or cannot confirm, her appearance in UFO Identified, The Criminal and Vault of Horror. Apart from those, all other believed sightings have been added to the IMDB. Other sightings are bound to crop up but I'm curious about a reference about a month ago to Scott Palmer who was said to have an extensive list of credits going up to a film in 1991. Can we persuade him to help us out? Does anybody know him?

Liked
    6 times
    I agree,

No sign of anyone that looks like Pauline in "U.F.O.: Identified"
    "The Criminal" has some one that looks a little like Pauline - but cannot confirm
    No sign of anyone that looks like Pauline in "Vault of Horror"

Banned Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    Hi Cully, this is what Scott said when I asked him about Pauline last year.

Hi:

Yes, the stories were fascinating. I never spoke to Pauline Chamberlain, but I have amassed a list of over 100 films she worked on, the last being 1991 (Shining Through).

Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonefan View Post
    Hi Cully, this is what Scott said when I asked him about Pauline last year.

Hi:

Yes, the stories were fascinating. I never spoke to Pauline Chamberlain, but I have amassed a list of over 100 films she worked on, the last being 1991 (Shining Through).
    Stone, is he a member of this forum? Is he contactable?

Liked
    7 times
    Oh yes, he's posted loads of info about actors and extras. He's a genuine expert. You could send him a private message. You must have come across Scott Palmer?

I've been watching Shining Through (what a stinker!) but havn't spotted Pauline yet. There's loads of extras in it and she may be hidden in the background which is a shame as I wanted to see what an older Pauline looked like.

Liked
    6 times
    Here are some early Pauline and Pamela articles from the Australian papers.

Liked
    6 times
    Some OCR text grabbed from "The Daily Republican, August 1st 1956":

"HOLLYWOOD FILM SHOP By Dorothea Wood United Press Staff Correspondent LONDON (UP) David Niven, suave and handsome comedian, laments that he is making the most riotous film of his career with the most humorous part, and yet the audience may be so distracted it will have difficulty in seeing him. It's not that Niven fears his part in "The Silken Affair" will be made shorter; it is simply that the competition in the film is too stiff. "I'm surrounded by the six most beautiful girls in England, plus one of France's loveliest mademoiselles." he complained with a smile. "It's like trying to tell a joke at the Miss Universe contest. People may hear my voice, but with all that beauty around, a person would have to be insane to look at me." There is logic in the actor's reasoning. "The Silken Affair" is filled with laughs, but it is also filled with beautiful women. A Belle From France Heading the list is France's contribution, Genevieve Page, the continental stage star who gained motion picture fame in "Plaisir de Paris." Appropriately enough, Miss Page portrays a seductive beauty in the film. "Beauty," according to Niven, "is international and who's going to look at me when Genevieve is on the screen too?" The fact that produced Fred Feldkamp and director Rov Kel Hno scoured England to find the prettiest girls on the British Isles to glamorize the film does not make Niven feel any better. A few of the scene-stcalers with whom the comedian must compete include: A tall, slim blonde with the unlikely name of Jose Read. Miss Read, at seventeen, is already one of England's most popular models. She had won eleven beauty contests by the time she was fifteen and at sixteen beat out the most beautiful starlets in Europe for a prize role in an American television series made in England.Had Legs Insured Niven designates the curva-cious Miss Read as his number-o n e scene-stealing competition. "This is a girl who could become a star even if she couldn't speak a word," says Niven. "Customers would be happy to watch her in silent movies." He gets additional competition from a comely young lady ' with $90,000 legs. The valuable limb? belong to the appropriately nnamed "Legs" (nee Angela) Lane. Legs, a leading race driver in England in addition to being one of the country's prettiest actresses, had her lovely legs insured for that amount. Her motion picture company worried about her ultra-high speed automotive activities. Legs' legs aren't the only thing to recommend her. The rest oi the 23-year-old brunette's figure measures 38-24-36 starting at the top. But her legs are the major distinction, having the title of 'The Most Beautiful Legs" in England. Beauty Shines Shoes "Even the shoeshine girls are eyecatching," according to the dismayed Niven. "One of the funniest scenes in the picture takes place in an all-female barber shop. The action is really hilarious and I have an opportunity to do some Very funny face- making. But who do they have shining my shoes at the time? ... just about the most luscious female I have ever seen. Her name is Shane Cordcll, and although she is only .5 feet 3 inches tall she has a sensational figure in the true Marilyn Monroe tradition. I know more people will be watching her shine my shoes than will be paying attention to my comedy." In another scene, David encounters the double competition of the prettiest pair of twins producer Feldkamp could find in England. The Chamberlain twins, identical beauties named Pauline and Pamela, of course, will get the opportunity to display their legs. And Niven shrugs helplessly at the thought of competing with four shapely legs at once. , "I hope people see my name in the advertisements," he said, "otherwise they may not realize that . I appeared in the film."
    Last edited by Anthony McKay; 13-05-14 at 08:27 AM.

Liked
    6 times
    Winnipeg Free Press (Newspaper) - June 5, 1956, Winnipeg, Manitoba:

Last edited by Anthony McKay; 13-05-14 at 08:30 AM.

Liked
    11 times
    Thanks for all that excellent info, StoneFan and Anthony, we must keep a watch out for the Silken Affair to see if the 2 girls are actually in the film or ended up on the cutting room floor. My guess is they probably are in the flic but....I notice most of the other lovelies are missing from the cast at IMDB...

Stone, it's probably staring me in the face but I can't see how we find another name on the forum. I WILL send a message to Scott but where do I click on the page to find him??
    Thanks.

Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cully View Post
    Thanks for all that excellent info, StoneFan and Anthony, we must keep a watch out for the Silken Affair to see if the 2 girls are actually in the film or ended up on the cutting room floor. My guess is they probably are in the flic but....I notice most of the other lovelies are missing from the cast at IMDB...

Stone, it's probably staring me in the face but I can't see how we find another name on the forum. I WILL send a message to Scott but where do I click on the page to find him??
    Thanks.
    No worries. Go on Sighted their you are and find Scott's last post. I think it was praising Gerald Lovell for his excellent research skills. As it's really recent you will find it easily. Click on his name and send him a private message. I'm as eager as you to find out about Pauline!

Liked
    11 times
    Thanks. Have sent a PM to Scott.

Liked
    6 times
    Just to confirm the earlier find here is Pauline in "Barnacle Bill".

Liked
    7 times
    These are proberbly the worst quality pictures posted on Britmovies but could this be Pauline as an aeroplane passenger in Shining Through?
    PC1.pngPC2.pngPC2.pngPC3.png

They've put her in a blonde wig and its 17 years after her last posted appearance. It could be her. I hope it is after sitting through that pile of garbage!
    Last edited by Stonefan; 14-05-14 at 02:59 PM.

Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonefan View Post
    I hope it is after sitting through that pile of garbage!
    Reviews for 'The Silken Affair' suggest that might be a trial as well.

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Still awake, at 3.00 in the morning* (European Election coverage on Sky News and Mikes Parry and Graham on TalkSport).

Just found a screencap I mislaid some months ago. Pauline is joined by Terence Conoley in this scene from Jason King -
    A Kiss for a Beautiful Killer (1971). Jason (Peter Wyngarde) is about to be presented with an award for one of his books:

Also in this scene are Kate O'Mara, Jack Arrow & Tony Mendleson (again), who accepts his award from Patrick Westwood.

*The opening lines to one of my all-time favourite songs:

Crystal Gayle - Talking In Your Sleep

Belated Thanks to Movie Dude for his help with this post.

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cornershop15 View Post

I also see two wigs in this screencap, assuming Pauline is not wearing "a piece".

Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cornershop15 View Post
    Still awake, at 3.00 in the morning* (European Election coverage on Sky News and Mikes Parry and Graham on TalkSport).

Just found a screencap I mislaid some months ago. Pauline is joined by Terence Conoley in this scene from Jason King -
    A Kiss for a Beautiful Killer (1971). Jason (Peter Wyngarde) is about to be presented with an award for one of his books:

Also in this scene are Kate O'Mara, Jack Arrow & Tony Mendleson (again), who accepts his award from Patrick Westwood.

*The opening lines to one of my all-time favourite songs:

Crystal Gayle - Talking In Your Sleep

Belated Thanks to Movie Dude for his help with this post.
    Well done, cornershop, another to the list...and a very nice study of Pauline! If it could be pruned of the other actors it would make a nice screensaver!

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast