Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    On reflection, I think the chap with his chopper next to dear old Kenny is Alf Mangan.

Senior Member Country: New Zealand Anthony McKay's Avatar
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Euryale View Post
    I think this is my first ever Pauline spot
    .and a very good one too. I scanned this scene last month looking for Pauline and could not find her.

Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony McKay View Post
    .and a very good one too. I scanned this scene last month looking for Pauline and could not find her.
    Just watched again - and in my copy all you see of her is her right ear!

Senior Member Country: England phil's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    Just watched again - and in my copy all you see of her is her right ear!
    Ouch! Did she get too close to Madame Guillotine?

Liked
    6 times
    "The Prisoner": "It's Your Funeral" - to me this looks a bit like Pauline, but I'd swear she'd not tall enough.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    11 times
    "The Prisoner": "It's Your Funeral" - to me this looks a bit like Pauline, but I'd swear she'd not tall enough.

Very like Pauline, IMHO!

Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cully View Post
    Very like Pauline, IMHO!
    Also, she was in 2 other episodes of this series...

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cully View Post
    Also, she was in 2 other episodes of this series... [The Prisoner]
    Including A, B and C. I'm really here to find out if that's Ann Barrass behind Georgina Cookson's shoulder:

A good quality upload of the scene ft. Sheila Allen and Colin Gordon, croupier Ray Marioni and party host Katherine Kath:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le9U0zLiBoI

The Prisoner - Dreamy Party (A, B and C)

Other extras include Peter Rendall, Pearl Walters, Unknown Male 4 (with beard), George Holdcroft.

Apart from the barely-noticeable lady in my picture, it occured to me the woman who turns round at the start
    of that clip might be Ann. Or is she Number 6 in Movie Dude's Unnamed Extras gallery (that would be ironic)?:

Liked
    6 times
    From "The Girl Hunters" - a possible sighting. There is a BluRay available.

Liked
    11 times
    Well spotted, phil!

Can you advise me how to word this credit at the IMDB? Woman at party? Woman in audience? ???

Senior Member Country: England phil's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    She is at a work's party cully.

Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by phil View Post
    She is at a work's party cully.
    Thanks, phil!

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Nice work, Gerald, on Appointment With Venus, Secret People, and your other recent postings. I had a long chat this evening with Pauline Chamberlain, who was very appreciative of the interest in her career, and although she hasn't got a computer, she has a friend who is going to look up the site, as well as Movie Dude's.

Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Palmer View Post
    Nice work, Gerald, on Appointment With Venus, Secret People, and your other recent postings. I had a long chat this evening with Pauline Chamberlain, who was very appreciative of the interest in her career, and although she hasn't got a computer, she has a friend who is going to look up the site, as well as Movie Dude's.
    That's terrific news, Scott! We need to get her to go back to the start of her thread and see how it was built up from the days when we only knew her face, had no name,finally found the name, got her appearances onto IMB etc. She'll enjoy it. We need to found about her sister as well.

Good detective work, Scott!

Banned Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    Wow. That's great. What was she like? When did she retire? Did she keep records of her appeareances or have any idea of how many she made? What else can you tell us?

Liked
    7 times
    Hi Scott
    my last post was obviously meant for you but I clicked on the wrong post. Anyway the same questions apply. I'm desperate to know. I think it's great we will get to hear about your conversation. It's wonderful that one of the people we spot is still with us. What tales they could tell.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    I will be speaking to Pauline again-she had lots of tales to tell. Her sister Pamela is still living. Pauline became a secretary in the late 1970s but continued to work until about 20 years ago. She still had agents and when she was offered work, her employer gave her a day or two off so that she could work on the films or TV. She told me she had a regular part from 1986-90 on the Liverpoool-based TV series Bread, playing the bespectacled lady who worked at the labour exchange. Often her dialogue consisted of shouting out "Next!" KI will post more when I have more information.

Liked
    11 times
    I will be speaking to Pauline again-she had lots of tales to tell. Her sister Pamela is still living. Pauline became a secretary in the late 1970s but continued to work until about 20 years ago. She still had agents and when she was offered work, her employer gave her a day or two off so that she could work on the films or TV. She told me she had a regular part from 1986-90 on the Liverpoool-based TV series Bread, playing the bespectacled lady who worked at the labour exchange. Often her dialogue consisted of shouting out "Next!" KI will post more when I have more information.
    Ha! I guess this is a great excuse to get the DVDs and see a series which I missed but which everybody said was excellent. The actor who played Shifty came to our church and the Bread nickname stuck.... Scott, you need to persuade her to read the Pauline thread from the beginning; it will give the old lady a good laugh to read about us all going around in circles trying to identify her and then, finally, getting somewhere and building up a record. Good to know that both Pauline and Pamela are still with us.

Liked
    7 times
    Picture1.jpg

And here she is in Bread with the line 'Bye Martina, see you tomorrow'

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast