Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    11 times
    1. I thought we had agreed she was Pauline Chamberlain. According to Wikipedia and other internet sources, Mike Hailwood married Pauline Barbara Nash. Also, in all the photos of Mike's widow, Pauline, she looks nothing like "our" Pauline. Are we really sure she married MH??

2, I did see somewhere on this site, an up to date list of all Pauline's uncredited credits but I see that her filmography at the IMDB remains unchanged. Isn't somebody going to update it?

Senior Member Country: Australia dissolute's Avatar
    Liked
    10 times
    Yes, I thought that was a completely different Pauline and ignored the post.

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    May I be the first to say ...

Liked
    80 times
    Right, first of all we had Pauline Chamberlain who used to act in films and TV, often with her twin sister Pamela. We don't know what happened to them after their screen careers ended, we don't know if they ever married.

On the twins' thread someone mentioned an actress called Pauline Field. I found out that she married the motorbike champion Mike Hailwood. Some sources do indeed give Pauline Hailwood's surname as Nash, including the birth records for the two children she and Mike had. I think the answer to that is that Pauline Hailwood's real surname was Nash and Field was her stage name. I can't find the marriage record for Mike and Pauline in the UK. They lived for a while in S.Africa and N.Zealand, so probably married over there.

I feel like Tony Hancock explaining the three sets of paintings to George Sanders in the The Rebel!

E.

Liked
    492 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Euryale View Post
    Right, first of all we had Pauline Chamberlain who used to act in films and TV, often with her twin sister Pamela. We don't know what happened to them after their screen careers ended, we don't know if they ever married.

Liked
    80 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainWaggett View Post
    Well, if all libraries made info. more available........

E.

Banned Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    I mentioned Pauline Field before our Pauline was discovered to be Pauline Chamberlain. I mentioned her as Pauline Field was an uncredited extra in The Persuaders and suggested she might be our Pauline. Then someone posted a lot of information about Pauline Field (and clearly wasn’t suggesting she was our Pauline) and the post started with re Pauline Field she's obviously got mixed up with our Pauline. Bottom line is we still don’t know what happened to either of the twins.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cully View Post
    1. I thought we had agreed she was Pauline Chamberlain. According to Wikipedia and other internet sources, Mike Hailwood married Pauline Barbara Nash. Also, in all the photos of Mike's widow, Pauline, she looks nothing like "our" Pauline. Are we really sure she married MH??

2, I did see somewhere on this site, an up to date list of all Pauline's uncredited credits but I see that her filmography at the IMDB remains unchanged. Isn't somebody going to update it?
    Who is the "she" referred to in the first sentence?
    Who is "our" Pauline?

This seems like it should have been in another thread. It's like most of us came in half way through the picture and don't understand the plot

Steve

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    "Our" Pauline is Pauline Chamberlain, not Pauline Field who married Mike Hailwood.

Liked
    418 times
    I am better informed, thanks for that. But it still seems like this should have been in another thread where it would have made some sense

Steve

Liked
    80 times
    I think the confusion may have started here when Cornershop and I got our wires crossed about who Mike Hailwood actually married:

http://filmdope.com/forums/ac...extras-15.html

E.

Senior Member Country: Spain Rowdon's Avatar
    Liked
    143 times
    Isn't her real name Pauline Collins?

Just trying to help.

Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Crook View Post
    I am better informed, thanks for that. But it still seems like this should have been in another thread where it would have made some sense

Steve
    Steve, I'm not sure there IS a thread dedicated to Pauline Chamberlain for the simple reason that for a long time I and many others had been identifying a female extra in many shows/films from the 60s and the 70s without anybody being able to name her. This despite having a number of extras/former extras actors in the forum like Harry Fielder whom we badgered and harrassed to find out who she was! She was always being mentioned in the "Can you name this actor" type of thread without having her own ( I think). Finally, somebody recalled her name was Pauline so we got to referring to her as such when seeing her in bit parts and then, after another long interval, somebody identified her as Pauline Chamberlain, one of a pair of twins. THEN lots of photos of the 2 girls were found etc...

Then there was some confusion about her being married to Mike Hailwood which I was trying to clarify.

Also, there is, on one of the threads, a list of all the sightings of this most prolific of extras which I was surprised somebody hadn't used to update her CV at her IMDB page.

Liked
    418 times
    But wouldn't this be better in either the Can anyone identify two ITC extras? or Anyone recognise this actor? threads?
    I find it additionally confusing that the thread title is "Re: Pauline..." What does the "Re:" reference?
    Can I rename it Pauline Chamberlain and Pauline Field?

Steve

Liked
    492 times
    I find it additionally confusing that the thread title is "Re: Pauline..." What does the "Re:" reference?

Steve
    That's what baffled me - I had no idea about the earlier threads

Liked
    11 times
    But wouldn't this be better in either the Can anyone identify two ITC extras? or Anyone recognise this actor? threads?

Steve
    Steve, from what you and Captain Waggett write I must have been wrong in assuming everybody who followed the Actors and Actresses forum had been following the Pauline saga. It must have been a smaller bunch of people who posted a lot and noticed her a lot. Go ahead and change the title but I suggest you drop all reference to P.Field as she's a red herring. Would be nice if all the references to Miss Chamberlain/Pauline/the unknown extra on the other threads could be moved to the new thread but how to do that??

Liked
    418 times
    Steve, from what you and Captain Waggett write I must have been wrong in assuming everybody who followed the Actors and Actresses forum had been following the Pauline saga. It must have been a smaller bunch of people who posted a lot and noticed her a lot. Go ahead and change the title but I suggest you drop all reference to P.Field as she's a red herring. Would be nice if all the references to Miss Chamberlain/Pauline/the unknown extra on the other threads could be moved to the new thread but how to do that??
    It's awkward to try to extract single messages, or even groups of them, out of one thread and move them to another thread. It's always difficult to work out if any other posts refer to them or quote them and if they do so, are they relevant enough to be copied to the new thread as well.

Steve

Senior Member Country: UK didi-5's Avatar
    Liked
    191 times
    I had no idea what the Re Pauline posts were about so good call to merge the threads, IMO.

Liked
    418 times
    Steve, from what you and Captain Waggett write I must have been wrong in assuming everybody who followed the Actors and Actresses forum had been following the Pauline saga.
    You are assuming that I actually read all the nonsense that gets posted on this forum

Steve

Liked
    11 times
    You are assuming that I actually read all the nonsense that gets posted on this forum

Steve
    As you are a moderator of the site, Steve, that IS what I assumed.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast