Member Country: Portugal
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello. In the summer of 1977 I watched an animated fantasy film for children, just about 15 minutes of it, whose few images I saw stood with me all these years. I have no idea how long it was. Actually I�m not sure if it was British, it could be Eastern European (as Portuguese television was showing many Czech, Polish, Soviet etc. productions for children those days, as well as British).

It was about a young cossack horseman, who had a dark moustache, was dressed in a dark cossack uniform, and carried a long curved sabre; he was riding a white horse. I can�t remember the plot (probably I wasn�t paying attention much to it, being 5 yo), but I remember him fighting a dragon. The film was made in a very lyric and psychadelic style, with paths growing from flowers and so, that recalled something of �The Yellow Submarine�. I watched it in black and white but I remember there were many shades of grey, so probably it was very colourful.

Does anyone here know the title?

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    I am afraid I cannot remember the title, but I can remember this movie, it was shown around the same time as 'Dick Deadeye' one holiday afternoon and remember the main character quite clearly.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    16 times
    I have a vague memory of this. I wonder if it is part of the series of Cossack cartoons put out by KIEVNAUCHFILM (KIEV SCIENCE FILM)? There's a list of Russian animation films here; maybe looking through the 'How the Cossacks...' titles will jog something in your memory.
    Last edited by michaelmace; 04-06-12 at 09:57 AM.

Member Country: Portugal
    Liked
    0 times
    That makes two of us now wanting to know the title, Azanti. If I ever happen to find it in other sources I'll post it here in order to share it with you.

Many thank's MichaelMace. It's not the "How the Cossack (...)" series, but it must be mentioned somewhere in that excellent site you mentioned. I'll start a search in that site during the next days and hope to find it soon.