Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Senior Member Country: United States Lord Lionheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    577
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm trying to recall the title of aTV ghost story play.
    I vaguely remember the final scene where the main character (a man) was by a foggy river man, in the end 2 children ( a boy and girl) approached him menacingly. The boy revealing his skeletal ribs with all the flesh stripped away. I think the boy may have been playing a small harp??? Would love to know what that show was? I think it may have been a Christmas ghost story which aired around Christmas between the mid 70's to early 80's?!?!

  2. #2
    Senior Member Country: England billy farmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,961
    Liked
    308 times
    Lost Hearts - M.R. James Ghost story.

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0216888/
    Last edited by billy farmer; 19-07-12 at 08:16 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Country: United States Lord Lionheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    577
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by billy farmer View Post
    Lost Hearts - M.R. James Ghost story.

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0216888/
    Thank you so much. As usual Britmovie got me the answer in minutes. I would have been 9 years old when I saw this ( 1973) and it terrified me, I think I was staying up late for Christmas holidays. After a quick search I found it's being released on DVD very soon.

    I didn't realize Simon Gipps-Kent was the star. I thought there was a man involved by a river?! But I do recall those awful stripped away ribs all these years later

    "This is going to be released on 17th Sep 2012. BBC Ghost Stories Volume Three: Lost Hearts / The Treasure of Abbot Thomas / The Ash Tree (DVD)"


    I now have 6 and 8 year old sons that might want to watch this MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

    Thanks again, another childhood mystery solved!
    Last edited by Lord Lionheart; 19-07-12 at 08:35 PM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    213
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart View Post
    Thank you so much. As usual Britmovie got me the answer in minutes. I would have been 9 years old when I saw this ( 1973) and it terrified me, I think I was staying up late for Christmas holidays. After a quick search I found it's being released on DVD very soon.

    I didn't realize Simon Gipps-Kent was the star. I thought there was a man involved by a river?! But I do recall those awful stripped away ribs all these years later

    "This is going to be released on 17th Sep 2012. BBC Ghost Stories Volume Three: Lost Hearts / The Treasure of Abbot Thomas / The Ash Tree (DVD)"


    I now have 6 and 8 year old sons that might want to watch this MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

    Thanks again, another childhood mystery solved!

    If you can't wait untill September I have a copy of it made when it was repeated a few years ago on BBC 4. Just PM me.

    Best wishes.

    Dave

  5. #5
    Senior Member Country: United States Lord Lionheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    577
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
    If you can't wait untill September I have a copy of it made when it was repeated a few years ago on BBC 4. Just PM me.

    Best wishes.

    Dave
    Thanks for that. I do have a source for it though, as I now know what it's called. Appreciate the offer.

Similar Threads

  1. BBC's 'Ghost Story for Christmas' series
    By AMP in forum British Television
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 20-04-12, 07:02 PM
  2. Ghost Story for Christmas
    By will.15 in forum Off-Topic Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14-12-09, 10:53 AM
  3. Ghost Story
    By tozzer56 in forum Can You Name This Film
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 16-09-09, 10:00 PM
  4. BBC Ghost Story for Christmas
    By tonemk in forum Looking for a Video/DVD (TV)
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 12-06-08, 05:36 PM
  5. Ghost story
    By mark reynier in forum Can You Name This Film
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-12-07, 10:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts