Senior Member Country: UK aphra's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    About six weeks ago I was Googling a few 'wanted' titles and was amazed to find somebody who was offering DVD recordings of Ken Russell's Omnibus film of George and Weedon Grossmith's DIARY OF A NOBODY. As I had come upon this so easily (I was not at home)I was sure I could easily find it again. Not so. I was not dreaming as the site was very specific and mentioned the rarity of the item. Can anybody possibly throw any light on this? Or has anybody got a recording of the Omnibus film? Any help would be much appreciated.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Nice to hear from you again Veronica. But 6 weeks is a long time on the internet. Maybe this person just had the one tape/DVD and when someone snapped it up, they withdrew the ad

Steve

Senior Member Country: UK aphra's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks, Steve. No the page looked to me to be that of some sort of dealer, and I would be surprised if he/she was only selling a single disc. I understand the Grossmith estate did not care for Ken's version of the book and the BBC never repeated it. Possibly they are still active in suppressing it, like the Strauss family managed with his DANCE OF THE SEVEN VEILS.

Senior Member Country: UK RogerThornhill's Avatar
    Liked
    67 times
    The Captain posted some pictures from it in NTTVP but I don't know if they were from a copy, they might just have been some pictures on the web.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aphra View Post
    Thanks, Steve. No the page looked to me to be that of some sort of dealer, and I would be surprised if he/she was only selling a single disc. I understand the Grossmith estate did not care for Ken's version of the book and the BBC never repeated it. Possibly they are still active in suppressing it, like the Strauss family managed with his DANCE OF THE SEVEN VEILS.
    You can search your browser history (if you don't clear it out regularly) for the words 'russell' or 'nobody' and that will give you the page at which you saw it six weeks prior, presuming that you use something like Firefox or Chrome. Don't think IE supports searching the history from its toolbar other than going through the list of sites day by day.
    Last edited by michaelmace; 13-08-12 at 10:23 PM.

Member Country: Wales
    Liked
    1 times
    This has been available on a couple of torrent / download sites for about two years.