Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Movie Dude View Post
    I think the lady on the right is Bess Rodgers
    Thanks, Movie Dude. I'd forgotten that Hummies added her name in a later post:

How it originally looked:

Cabaret audience in Man in a Suitcase - Three Blinks of the Eyes

Just noticed Ivor's name was missing from the earlier capture too.

So do you agree with all my identifications of the Mystery Blonde and Brunette? And can we confirm the latter is Gerry Crampton's wife?

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Not sure about either of your ladies Cornershop. I think we may be able to track down the Brunette. If she indeed worked with 'Husband' Gerry Crampton on Gideon's Way and UFO I may be able to help. I have both those series' on dvd and could search if you (or anyone else) might know which episode's she may be in.

Liked
    177 times
    I am quite convinced the same blonde is in all three images, Movie Dude - along with that close-up in Man in a Suitcase
    (posted three times on the previous page). As for the brunette I believe to be 'Avril', this is her in Gideon's Way (1965):

With Audrey Nicholson, who has narrowly escaped being run over by Dervis Ward in the episode The Reluctant Witness.

Liked
    0 times
    I'm also quite convinced you are right Cornershop. They certainly look like the same girl. I'm sure we'll find both girl's names one day.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cornershop15 View Post

Thanks, Movie Dude. I'd forgotten that Hummies added her name in a later post:

How it originally looked:

Cabaret audience in Man in a Suitcase - Three Blinks of the Eyes

Just noticed Ivor's name was missing from the earlier capture too.

So do you agree with all my identifications of the Mystery Blonde and Brunette? And can we confirm the latter is Gerry Crampton's wife?

The lady on the left is Rosalind Mendelson. Betty Rogers was usually called Bess by her friends

Liked
    177 times
    Hi, Roger. Rosalind's name is missing from that 'updated' capture because no-one knew who she was until you revealed her identity not that
    long ago. I'll add her name and re-post it at Somewhere in a Crowd. The lady next to Vic Chapman reminds me of Diane Holland (Hi-De-Hi).

Two new subjects here, both from All Neat in Black Stockings (1969). You might have seen this one at Tube Stations in Movies yesterday:

She expects to be given a lift when Victor Henry drives towards the bus stop but he chooses Vanessa Forsyth instead.
    'Girl at Party' would be this dolly bird's credit - if I can find out who she is. I'd recognise her if she turned up in something else from that period:

Duchess of Cambridge lookalike.
    Last edited by cornershop15; 22-05-14 at 09:52 PM.

Liked
    177 times
    Uncredited appearance(s) from Patsy Snell?

From the Actors Compendium (and Daily Mirror):

I remember wearysloth suggesting she might be the redhead in this image from Some Girls Do (filmed in 1968):

With (left to right) Yutte Stensgaard, another Unknown Dolly Bird, Joanna Lumley and fellow member Olga Linden.

Maybe this isn't Patsy, but I'd still like to know who Michael Cadman's girlfriend is in Twisted Nerve (also 1968):

Going back to the unknown blonde, is she Moira Foot (right)?:

Liked
    11 times
    Uncredited appearance(s) from Patsy Snell?

From the Actors Compendium (and Daily Mirror):

I remember wearysloth suggesting she might be the redhead in this image from Some Girls Do (filmed in 1968):

With (left to right) Yutte Stensgaard, another Unknown Dolly Bird, Joanna Lumley and fellow member Olga Linden.

Maybe this isn't Patsy, but I'd still like to know who Michael Cadman's girlfriend is in Twisted Nerve (also 1968):

Going back to the unknown blonde, is she Moira Foot (right)?:

cornershop, really! Yes, the one on the right is Moira Foot but, more importantly, the "unknown blonde" is the wonderful Vanessa Howard....now sadly no longer with us.

Liked
    177 times
    Thanks, cully. Very different to how she looked in a later scene:

Credit - The Actors Compendium

Can someone edit out my post in cully's reply please?

Senior Member Country: Australia wadsy's Avatar
    Liked
    40 times
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSUM4kqxYPU

How many of these can you pick? I spotted Carolyn Munro & I think Stephanie Maclean & Jilly Johnson!
    Last edited by wadsy; 17-01-15 at 12:43 PM.

Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wadsy View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSUM4kqxYPU

How many of these can you pick? I spotted Carolyn Munro & I think Stephanie Maclean & Jilly Johnson!
    I couldn't NAME anybody beyond Caroline Munro (11) but No 12 was very familiar....and lovely!

Liked
    177 times
    A good challenge wadsy, although they're mostly Unidentified Dolly Birds of the 1970s - the thread I planned to start three years ago.

You're right with three of them. I can only add Viv Neves for sure. More recognisable on the cover of 6 than 12:

The Hot Hits series has a website showing front, back and international covers. The back of 12 is more like Viv.

11 - Caroline Munro and 14 - Stephanie McLean, future wife of Barry Sheene (reverse of this LP is from Mayfair):

[

15 - Mary Millington? and 19 Jilly Johnson, who someone's suggested is the cover girl of 17 (not sure about that):

No. 13 looks a bit like Mary as well (the Olympic Stadium girl). 4 and 5 appear to be the same model - likewise 7 and 8. Is 10 Julie Crosthwait(e)?

Senior Member Country: Australia wadsy's Avatar
    Liked
    40 times
    Sorry about the wrong decade cornershop15. I could've sworn the tune was from the late 60's.

Yes Vivienne Neves I now recognise & I reckon Stephanie MacLean is both #14 & #15! I know she dwarfed Barry Sheene!

Liked
    80 times
    This is the back of volume 16 - could it be model and actress Erica Creer (pictured on the right in the Peter Marlowe Archive)?:

E.

Liked
    177 times
    Well done, Euryale! I have absolutely no doubt you're right. The colour photo would have made a good cover for Sports Illustrated.

Is the Hot Hits 4 model Olga Anthony?:

From Help identifying One/Two Actresses:

Had she not been identified here, Olga would have been a classic subject at 'Unknown Dolly Birds'.
    And now she is!

Quote Originally Posted by wadsy View Post
    Sorry about the wrong decade cornershop15. I could've sworn the tune was from the late 60's.
    No problem, wadsy. I think I will make a start with the '70s thread. Probably a couple of 'unknown dolly birds' from my favourite film, O Lucky Man.

Liked
    80 times
    Well done, Euryale! I have absolutely no doubt you're right. The colour photo would have made a good cover for Sports Illustrated.

Is the Hot Hits 4 model Olga Anthony?:
    Yes, I'm sure that is Erica on volume 16, not certain about Olga though for the other cover. These are definites:

Stephanie Mclean

Nina Carter

Lesley Adams

I know this because there was an article about some of the Hot Hits models in the Daily Express in December 2001!

E.

Liked
    177 times
    Fantastic news. A Daily Express article, 'Whatever Happened to the Hot Hits girls?' (15th December 2001) has identified three more cover girls:

3 - Stephanie McLean "leaning against a palm tree in a figure-hugging top". Is this really her?:

Why didn't they choose 14 (more recognisably Steph)?

"Nina Carter posed in a football strip for Hot Hits 7" ...

Doesn't look like her either but I'll prove it is in my next post.

These photographs were taken by Brian Ward at Chelsea's Stamford Bridge stadium.
    The model is wearing a Chelsea shirt on the back; the shirt on the front is Arsenal's.

Lesley Adams "wearing motorcycling gear for Hot Hits 18":

At least I can tell that's Lesley. I remember seeing a topless photo of her (Page 3 of The Sun) in an episode of Romany Jones.

Caroline Munro and Jilly Johnson were also interviewed by Fran Bowden. No mention of the latter's appearance on 17 so maybe that isn't her?

Liked
    177 times
    Oh no! We both had the same idea at the same time, Euryale - to try our luck at the newspaper archives. I was hoping for something contemporary and found two articles promoting the CD compilation in 2001. The other one includes an uncredited Viv Neves as a bikini-clad cricketer (Hot Hits 6).

Liked
    80 times
    Oh no! We both had the same idea at the same time, Euryale - to try our luck at the newspaper archives. I was hoping for something contemporary and found two articles promoting the CD compilation in 2001. The other one includes an uncredited Viv Neves as a bikini-clad cricketer (Hot Hits 6).
    Well, you know what they say about great minds!

Anyway, I think Lesley Adams may well be featured on some of the other album covers - wouldn't have got her name without the DE article!

E.

Liked
    80 times
    I think all or some of these could be Lesley Adams - she had that shaggy/layered haircut around that time:

These are a couple of pictures of Lesley in the early '70s:

E.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast