Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    I remember an old 70's possible 80's on BBC? series with this as the plot. Set in the then present day a knife from the future arrives and is used by a surgeon? its also used for evil deeds. Remember part was set in a large room think a flat for one of the characters. The knife did not leave scars or anything like that. Its mainly the ending that I remember one person is pushing the knife through his neck when the people de-active the knife and he dies.
    Any ideas? Thanks

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    Sounds very similar to one of the plotlines in Susan Hill's novel The Various Haunts of Men.

Senior Member Country: England Westengland's Avatar
    Liked
    11 times
    This is a famous episode of a famous series: The Little Black Bag from Out Of The Unknown. You can find further details about both The Little Black Bag and Out Of The Unknown on several sites, the best being: 625-Online and Zeta Minor's OOTU Season 3 Clips Guide.

I hope I don't sound patronising in informing you about the programme you saw, on BBC-2 TV (either on 25 February 1969 or on 10 October 1970 - that is well over forty years ago); there is no reason why somebody should remember in detail a television programme, a radio broadcast, a cinema film, a stage play performance that other people consider important.

However, the mere fact that you do remember something of The Little Black Bag, no matter how brief or vague (and here I am making an assumption, for which I apolgise if incorrect, that your memory of the drama has faded with your memory of the programme title and that of its series) is important. It would be a good thing for you to record what you can remember of The Little Black Bag - and looking at the many references to it that you can find by doing a Search and following them up will help - and pass them on to those people with a continuing interest in Out Of The Unknown and its episodes (I am unable to help you with that but I can give some people notice of this thread).

PLease let us know, on this thread, if you find more up-to-date information about The Little Black Bag (not Out Of The Unknown as that is threaded elsewhere on Britmovie).

Senior Member Country: Afghanistan
    Liked
    46 times
    The surviving bits of the Little Black Bag from the Out of the Unknown series

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgi7WZYQ_8Y

Liked
    9 times
    This story is called The Little Black Bag but I know it from Night Gallery (series1 episode 7) with Burgess Meredith playing a homeless drunk who finds the black bag in an alley. I think he was a doctor who had been struck off.

Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Westengland View Post
    This is a famous episode of a famous series: The Little Black Bag from Out Of The Unknown.

I hope I don't sound patronising in informing you about the programme you saw, on BBC-2 TV (either on 25 February 1969 or on 10 October 1970 - that is well over forty years ago)
    I suppose to remember from when I was 11 or 12 years old is not bad. I have heard of Out Of The Unknown, but never realised it featured my old memory of a programme.

A great many Thanks for the info and clips.

Best Wishes