Senior Member Country: Great Britain Mervyn2's Avatar
    Liked
    9 times
    I recorded this truly excellent programme to VHS many years ago and intended copying it to DVD, but sadly it seems I've either loaned it to someone or lost the tape since then. Can anyone tell me if there's a reliable online source for this? Or would anyone be able to help me with a reasonable DVD copy please?
    Last edited by Mervyn2; 13-09-12 at 08:27 PM.

Banned Country: UK
    Liked
    6 times
    This is also under the USA title of The Race for the Double Helix,I have it under the title of Life Story somewhere and will try to dig it out of storage and let you know.

As a side note,This was such a good dramatisation and the science was so accurate that it quickly became popular at universities and schools as a teaching aid. As a result, although it was made available as a VHS video, it was priced at the $160 institutional mark. It hasn't been made available on DVD
    Last edited by Amethyst_Isle; 14-09-12 at 12:46 PM.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Mervyn2's Avatar
    Liked
    9 times
    Hi Amethyst Isle, thank you for your reply - but apologies for my delay with mine!

Please do let me know if you find it, thank you

I agree, it was an excellent dramatisation, I'm just surprised (and disappointed) it's not been shown more often - it should be in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst_Isle View Post
    This is also under the USA title of The Race for the Double Helix,I have it under the title of Life Story somewhere and will try to dig it out of storage and let you know.

As a side note,This was such a good dramatisation and the science was so accurate that it quickly became popular at universities and schools as a teaching aid. As a result, although it was made available as a VHS video, it was priced at the $160 institutional mark. It hasn't been made available on DVD