Junior Member Country: Switzerland
    Liked
    0 times
    In 2005 someone showed me an awesome movie. Since about 6 years I am trying to find out which movie it was.

From my point of view, it was a psychological thriller with several plot twists. The story is about a family and I am pretty sure that there were at least two daughters. A lot of people are killed during the movie and at the end only the youngest daughter survives. The plot twists are about who is the murder. I was always sure who killed the people, but only until the next plot twist. Those twists were totally believable and that's what made it so interesting for me. The best plot twist was at the end. Nearly everyone of the family was killed and you see lots of police around the house. Someone walks away from the house with the youngest daughter. You see the face of her a you know that she killed everyone. I remember that it was a flying camera I think after that the camera was flying away from the house.

I am curious if someone can help me!

Senior Member Country: Great Britain scenesixty's Avatar
    Liked
    5 times
    Dantus
    As ever, you'd need to supply a little more info: Did it look like 70's? (or) 60's B+W or colour? Countryside/Town setting? I take it the film was British-(or) not??

Best to you.

Onium.

Liked
    0 times
    scenesixty, I am new to this forum that's why I am not yet that used to what kind of information is needed, even if I have read some threads in this section.

The film did not look that old when I watched it in 2005 and it was colour. The house where about the whole movie takes place is located in a countryside/suburb setting. I can't remember if it is a British film, but there is a chance that it is, that's why I am posting here...

I can't remember many things, but the final scene. That one was so impressive for me. Lots of police around the house, the girl is brought away, you see here face and you can clearly see that she killed everyone. The camera flies away at a certain point and you see the house and the environment more or less from a bird's eye view.
    I think the girl had dark hair, but that doesn't help too much probably.

I try to answer all the questions as good as I can, because I have been looking for this film since a long time and spent a lot of time to look around for it!

Liked
    5 times
    Try Internet Movie Data Base (IMDB ) click girl/murderess you know the pathway.. It may bring up some titles to jog your memory!
    BEST
    Scenesixty.

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for your answer.

You wouldn't believe me how much time I have spent on IMDB :)
    Believe me, I am not someone who didn't take the time to seriously search for the film in advance.
    For me it was an amazing film, but I was aware that probably most people would not like it. I guess this is why it is not well known or popular at all and thus it is very hard to find it.

Liked
    5 times
    Hmmm... I know how frustrating it can be when you can't pin it down! It's not one of the Pete Walker films? You'd def need to supply a wee bit more info.

Best for now.

Scenesixty

Liked
    0 times
    It is not a Pete Walker film. They are clearly too old. I'll do my best to remember more details.

Thanks for your help!

Liked
    5 times
    Most welcome Dantus-Let me know if you track down the film!!!!

Scenesixty

Senior Member Country: England phil's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    This is probably a dumb suggestion because the plots don't seem to match but the first film that entered my head about the ending was Donnie Darko.

Liked
    0 times
    phil, even if the film I am looking for is not Donnie Darko, it is closer than any suggestion I got so far from other people (not here in the forum)! Thanks!

Senior Member Country: United States will.15's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    The problem with trying to look that up the reveal the girl is the killer is it happens at the end so it is unlikely you will find that in a search as it is a spoiler. There isn't anything else i can think of that you can do a search on.

The ending actually sounds vaguely familiar, but if it is was one of those movies I happen to catch while channel surfing and wasn't memorable enough for it to stand out in my memory. It would have been an American movie if I saw it as it sounds like one I would have caught on Channel 13 weekends and that would a B or made for TV formerly from Lifetime or something.

You might want to try the IMDB I need to know board.

Liked
    0 times
    will.15, sounds great! I'll do that! Thanks!

Senior Member Country: United States will.15's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    It was probably answered over there, Wicked (1998)

Senior Member Country: UK Moor Larkin's Avatar
    Liked
    120 times

Liked
    0 times
    I was just able to check Wicked. Even if it is very close, it is not the film I am looking for.

I still have to check the remakes of The Bad Seek, thanks for the input!

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Hostage (2005)

Maybe!

Liked
    0 times
    I didn't expect to get another answer, thanks a lot!
    Unfortunately it is also not that one. It is pretty hard, because I try to remember more things that I could write here, to get more feedback.