Senior Member Country: England Tonch's Avatar
    Liked
    98 times
    This seems a long shot I know. And I'm sort of hoping this is the best section to post the thread, but who knows... anyway, here goes.

MANY years ago (perhaps mid / late 1960s) my dad says he watched a TV show which featured two of his favourite ever singers - Scott Walker and Dionne Warwick - singing a duet on some musical gala type show. He's tried on and off ever since to locate the show, or a recording - even though he can't recall the song(s) they did - in some format or other, anywhere. Done the usual trawls of youtube and google etc to no avail. On his behalf I've even contacted an old University friend who now markets the great DW herself but despite my friend's considerable efforts we've drawn a complete blank.

The old fella is adamant such a show went out. I've checked Scott's eponymous 1969 series, but no luck there. The Walker Brothers featured on a couple of those famous NME Poll Winners' concerts from the 60s, but Dionne wasn't present. We're running out of options now.

Can any of you good people throw ANY light on this, or point us in any new direction? We'd be most grateful for any help at all.

Thanks for reading.

Senior Member Country: Australia wadsy's Avatar
    Liked
    40 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonch View Post
    This seems a long shot I know. And I'm sort of hoping this is the best section to post the thread, but who knows... anyway, here goes.

MANY years ago (perhaps mid / late 1960s) my dad says he watched a TV show which featured two of his favourite ever singers - Scott Walker and Dionne Warwick - singing a duet on some musical gala type show. He's tried on and off ever since to locate the show, or a recording - even though he can't recall the song(s) they did - in some format or other, anywhere. Done the usual trawls of youtube and google etc to no avail. On his behalf I've even contacted an old University friend who now markets the great DW herself but despite my friend's considerable efforts we've drawn a complete blank.

The old fella is adamant such a show went out. I've checked Scott's eponymous 1969 series, but no luck there. The Walker Brothers featured on a couple of those famous NME Poll Winners' concerts from the 60s, but Dionne wasn't present. We're running out of options now.

Can any of you good people throw ANY light on this, or point us in any new direction? We'd be most grateful for any help at all.

Thanks for reading.
    There's no mention of Dionne Warwick in the Scott Walker biography "A Deep Shade of Blue". Could your dad be confusing

Dionne Warwick with Salena Jones who did appear on his TV show?

Senior Member Country: Australia wadsy's Avatar
    Liked
    40 times
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoaqRftiRX4

There's no mention of a duet but I think it would have been obligatory wouldn't it?

Great version of "Montague Terrace in Blue"!
    Last edited by wadsy; 03-10-12 at 11:02 AM.

Senior Member Country: United States TimR's Avatar
    Liked
    29 times
    They both had hits with the Bacharach-David "Make It Easy on Yourself".

Senior Member Country: UK Mr Sloane's Avatar
    Liked
    239 times
    Last edited by Mr Sloane; 07-10-12 at 07:28 AM.

Senior Member Country: Afghanistan
    Liked
    46 times
    Could it be Burt Baccarach not Scott Walker?

they both appeared together on 'Souled Out' tv special

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    Both also appeared in 'The Bacharach Sound' (Granada ITV, 14th April 1965) although I"ll have to check out my DVDR's to see if they actually sing together or separately.

Senior Member Country: England Tonch's Avatar
    Liked
    98 times
    Thank you all so much for responding

Dad is quite adamant that it was Dionne and Scott, respectively his favourite female & male singers of the time.

Grateful to you all but crunchie's "Bacharach Sound" seems particularly promising, although I must admit I didn't realise Scott Walker appeared on that.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    23 times
    http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/747...CSCG7Fwg%3d%3d

One of many co-appearances, this in 1968 but more recently performance wise Mar 1990 charity Aids benefit New York Radio Music Hall. Erm. Dionne was a more-than-once performer on the legendary 'Soul Train'. Could Junior Walker who also appeared not be the man?