Liked
    80 times
    From The Stage:

"The actress Dorinda Stevens died on October 25, at the age of 80.

Born in Southampton on August 16, 1932, she appeared in many well-known television series, including Fabian of the Yard, No Hiding Place, The Saint and The Avengers. She was also seen in two Carry On films, Carry On Constable (1960) and Carry On Jack (1963).

In 1964, she appeared in a spy film, Night Train to Paris, of which one reviewer wrote: �The most attractive thing about the whole picture is a nifty blonde called Dorinda Stevens. The woman can act, too, which is more than can be said for most of the others.�

http://www.thestage.co.uk/features/o...rinda-stevens/

Dorinda's filmography:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0828368/

Thanks to Weary for the image.

E.

Senior Member Country: England phil's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    I remember her as being very attractive in 'The Gentle Trap'. Some great credits to her name.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    Wasn't Dorinda married briefly to Peter Wyngarde ?

Super Moderator Country: Fiji
    Liked
    114 times
    Sorry to hear the sad news. Looking at IMDb I see no mention of the St. Trinians films, yet I am sure Dorinda was in at least one...

RIP & Respect,

Smudge

Liked
    80 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigon Man View Post
    Wasn't Dorinda married briefly to Peter Wyngarde ?
    Don't know, Tigon. Some websites say she was but I can find no official record of it.

We do know that she married cinematographer Michael Boultbee (born William Michael Boultbee 1933-2005) in Nairobi in 1957. They'd been filming African Patrol there. It's mentioned here on this website:

http://www.78rpm.co.uk/tvw.htm

Later she married one Arthur Gent in 1966. I think Dorinda's real first name was Doreen. In her funeral notice, donations are requested for the International Fund for Animal Welfare (African Elephants) - perhaps an interest inspired by her days in Kenya?:

http://www2.tapperfuneralservice.co....XTe/aDUwTsS2GA

E.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    1 times
    Very sad news, Dorinda was in a number of Edgar Wallace films and also Scales of Justice and always gave a lovely performance.

Senior Member Country: UK wellendcanons's Avatar
    Liked
    154 times
    I'm sad to hear of the sad loss Dorinda Stevens. I liked her in Danger Man, The Saint, Edgar Wallace Mysteries and in films like Carry On Constable and Make Mine Mink

RIP Dorinda Stevens.

wec

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    My belated condolences to Dorinda's friends and family. I've seen her twice on DVD this week: The Scales of Justice film The Undesirable Neighbour and, the following night, an episode of Interpol Calling entitled Air Switch. Until about three years ago, she and fellow actress Georgina Ward were unfamiliar names and faces to me; so much so that I mistook her for Georgina when I looked at the image gallery for the episode of Danger Man they were in. Much to my embarassment, I even posted the photo at the latter's thread. This is the one:

Publicity for Danger Man - Such Men Are Dangerous (filmed in 1964)

If you click the image properties, you'll notice that the original filename is still there.

It's still early stages with this actress but those appearances earlier in the week have really helped establish her in the memory. I recognised
    Dorinda immediately in Interpol Calling. Progress at last. I enclose an early interview, from the 20-26th November 1955 edition of TVTimes: