Page 10 of 141 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    13 times
    A perfect fit Cornershop. I'd say that's exactly who he is. I don't suppose he's been named yet??

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Unfortunately not, Movie Dude. I should have reminded folks that No. 13 here is Tony Wright, who plays a Police Inspector:

Originally posted at 'Who Are These Policemen?' (well it wouldn't have been 'Unknown Dolly Birds' ... which is about to make a comeback).

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    10 times
    Ah, that's why he looked familiar. Good on ya!

Junior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    If you are talking about Fred Wood, my name is Sandra Stewart (nee Wood ) i am Freds daughter. It is nice to hear people still talk about him after all these years, and i didn't think that my dad could drive full stop, and yes your right he was always pissed, he did like a bevvie or three. I went on location with him on a number of occassions and there were times he would be too drunk between takes to carry on with the filming on the day, and they would send him home.

Liked
    13 times
    Welcome aboard jeannie. It's always nice to see see showbiz folk (and family) on these threads. Your dad gets a lot of mentions on here and its nice to have the name verified. I think you've posted this on the wrong thread though. It would be better on Fred's own thread where you will get more responses.

Steve

Is it possible to move jeannie's post to Fred Wood - Extra but not ordinary. ???

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MovieDudeToo View Post
    Welcome aboard jeannie. It's always nice to see see showbiz folk (and family) on these threads. Your dad gets a lot of mentions on here and its nice to have the name verified. I think you've posted this on the wrong thread though. It would be better on Fred's own thread where you will get more responses.

Steve

Is it possible to move jeannie's post to Fred Wood - Extra but not ordinary. ???
    I've copied it there

Steve

Liked
    13 times
    Well done Steve. Thanks.

Carry On Abroad (1972) was discussed some time ago. I was wondering if these 'monks' were ever named?

Last edited by MovieDudeToo; 28-02-13 at 11:56 PM.

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times

Thanks to Michael Stevenson again, courtesy of Scott Palmer, I can disclose that "misery guts" is George Holdcroft.

Liked
    13 times
    Many thanks Gerald. And many thanks to Michael and Scott. Thats another one I can take off the list.

Liked
    13 times
    Here's a few faces from Zeppelin (1971) which seem to be familiar to me. Any idea's anyone??

Liked
    177 times
    I think the man in the middle is Donald Churchill and furthest to the right is Robert Cawdron:

Van Der Valk - Doctor Hoffmann's Children (1991)/The Saint - The Covetous Headsman (1962)

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    You are absolutely right, cornershop-well spotted Donald Churchill certainly didn't age well-in Victim, just ten years before, he looked really youthful. Zeppelin also contained a number of our usual suspects-Jack Arrow, Otto Friese, Alan Gibbs, Walter Henry, Ken Hutchins, Charlie Price, Guy Standeven, Cy Town, and our own dear friend, Jim Payne-and many others I spoke to over the years, but I don't know what they look like! Some of them may be in the unidentified group.

Banned Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    The third guy looks like Eric Francis but he's usually credited. Could it be him?

Liked
    177 times
    Thanks, Scott. I knew I was right about Robert Cawdron but was less confident about Donald. I've just been reminded, at the film's IMDb page, that he co-wrote the screenplay so he obviously put in a cheeky cameo appearance. Robert is also uncredited I noticed.

Donald Churchill's daughter Polly joined us a few months ago, after finding my tribute to her mum (Pauline Yates) and dad. It's true that his appearance changed dramatically a decade after Victim, which I watched only last month. I'm tempted to ask if she remembers either of her parents with dark hair. Both had great careers.

Probably because he's on my mind (see 'Who Are These Policemen?' later), I wonder if the first Zeppelin actor is 'heavy-set' Roland Brand?

Liked
    182 times
    I'm sure the middle one is Eric Francis. Next to him is Ian Thompson and indeed, Robert Cawdron at the end.

Liked
    182 times
    Unknown Male Number 22

Again thanks to Michael Stevenson, this chap has been named as Eddie Boyce.

Liked
    182 times

Courtesy of Michael Stevenson, no. 2 is Emile Seyen or Seyer (I can't quite read Michael's writing!).

Liked
    13 times
    Thanks guys. Five named in one day!. Top marks all round.

Here's a few from one of my favourite films The One That Got Away (1957). I'd particularly like to get the name for the woman. I feel sure she is well known.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MovieDudeToo View Post
    Well done Steve. Thanks.

Carry On Abroad (1972) was discussed some time ago. I was wondering if these 'monks' were ever named?

Movie Dude Monk 3 is Tony Allen who was Bill the Driver in the Sweeney and later went to become John Thaw's dresser. Aitch knows him well..

Liked
    13 times
    You sure Tigon?? I always thought this guy was Tony Allen. Unless these are the same fella!!

Page 10 of 141 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast