Page 13 of 141 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cornershop15 View Post
    Still looking for that party scene, Gerald. I've just gone through the first half of the film again and still haven't spotted June Cowell and Pauline Challoner. I should recognise Stewart Guidotti from Pathfinders in Space (not seen the follow-up yet) but the series has already faded in the memory since last year's viewing.

The most interesting thing about A Cry from the Streets is that the child who has most of the screen time, Colin Petersen, went on to be drummer with The Bee Gees, when they had their early hits. I often confuse him with Bobby Elliott, The Hollies' drummer. Also worth noting is the appearance of Gillian Vaughan, who later married Des O'Connor.

June is #15 in your collage, MovieDude. She's the leading child actress in Village of the Damned and is second on the left here:

With Martin Stephens, soon to be seen in The Innocents, and twin sisters Teri and Lesley Scoble, who were both in Timeslip

I notice the aforementioned Mark Mileham was in this as well! We're bound to identify him eventually. No. 7 is a likely candidate because he is also one of the main children and has more screen credits than most. No. 3 could be Carlo Cura, the boy who played Genghis Khan as a child (Omar Sharif version). You could be right about some of the others being local, only ever appearing in Village of the Damned.
    I remember really fancying June Cowell when I was a young un. She turns out to be a half sister of Simon Cowell!!

Super Moderator Country: United States wearysloth's Avatar
    Liked
    19 times

I think #4 is Peter Preidel

and Aidan Harrington lurking among the villagers?

There's a soldier with a geiger counter that looks a bit like whistablejim .. ?
    Last edited by wearysloth; 30-03-13 at 04:44 PM.

Liked
    13 times
    Hi Sloth. Peter Preidel is another new name to me. I missed Aidan Harrington first time round so I've had to go back and dig him out but then I noticed George Curtis who I also missed. So Thanks for the info.

Liked
    19 times
    I didn't spot George, where is he at?

The most mesmerized of the fire wielding peasants is annoyingly familiar as well
    f20628-1.jpg

Liked
    13 times
    George Curtis can be seen at the back of the angry crowd coming out of the pub a couple of scene's before your image. But that's pretty badly blurred and unuseable. But he can be spotted in the next scene passing from right to left on the way to the schoolhouse. Another grotty image I'm afraid but I'm sure it's him.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    8 times
    Hi Wearysloth, Sorry.
    but that isn't me.

Liked
    19 times
    thanks whitablejim

No 14 must be Janice Howley, since she's only Village girl...

Senior Member Country: Australia wadsy's Avatar
    Liked
    40 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MovieDudeToo View Post
    Thanks Cornershop. Your right. I have tried to name all the actors in Carve Her Name with Pride which is on my 'to do' (again) list. A problem with this film and Night of the Demon (another Robert Howell film) is both have quite a few youngsters but few close ups of any of them. They are mostly in the background. This of course makes identifying these youngsters very difficult. I will certainly keep this image though, if I may as a point of future reference.
    Village of the Damned is another story. This film was about children and therefore has plenty of close ups which means that I probably have an image of June Cowell in the extras so I thought I may as well put some of them here. Hopefully June is among them. I presume most of them are local kids from Letchmore Heath but I could be wrong.

Kid #12 was in "Crossroads" as an adult playing a car mechanic I think. He fancied himself as a ladies man & came out with corny lines like....

"This could be your lucky day darlin.."! His name escapes me though.

Senior Member Country: Australia wadsy's Avatar
    Liked
    40 times
    download (8).jpg

Got him! I'm sure he is Dennis Gilmore!!

Liked
    13 times
    Excellent work Wadsy. That's got to be him. I felt sure I'd seen him before somewhwere but could never work out who he was even though I've got another three images of him. Thanks and Well Done!

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Well done, wadsy.

I'll return to those child actors soon but thought I would add my latest sighting of MovieDude's Unknown Female #9:

With Marjorie Rhodes and John Mills in The Family Way (1966), looking much the same as she did a decade earlier:

Liked
    13 times
    Well spotted Cornershop. This is obviously another 'prominent' role for this lady. She seems to get picked by the directors quite regularlyfor this kind of role, often getting close-up's. It's therefore supprising that her name still eludes us.

Liked
    2 times
    Unknown male 45 pops up at the bar between Derek Farr and William Hartnell in 1950 "Double Confession" he asks for a whisky, William Hartnell asked the barman to serve him round the other side. He is very quiet and reserved, so i thought i had ID'd him with the credit Andrew Leigh "The Reserved Man", when i checked for a google image, it came up with Aveleyman from "The Curse of Frankenstein", not the same actor although i don't recall seeing that actor in Double Confession at all. Mysterious.

Liked
    13 times
    Thanks Philly. Mysterious is a good word for these kind of problems. I come across this kind of thing constantly and I am always amazed at the errors made by people who should not be making them. Number 45 may or may not be named Andrew Leigh, meaning the error may be on another page. I'm afraid until he is accurately identified in a film or TV show, he will have to remain unknown.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    10 times
    This is a 1910 photo of Andrew Leigh. I guess it could be the same actor playing the Burgomaster in Curse, but hard to say for sure. The Leigh in the 1910 picture lived 1887-1957, and was predominantly a stage actor. Looking at the IMDb entry, I am thinking they have combined entries for two actors of the same name, especially as one of the credits is for an episode of The Vise in 1959, two years after he died! A couple of the other credits don't seem to match the older Leigh--I don't think someone would have played an Army private at age 64, for example. So maybe unknown 45 is indeed another Andrew Leigh and did appear as "The Reserved Man?" Mysterious indeed.

Liked
    13 times
    Totally agree Dave. It's hard enough ID'ing extra's without being confused by IMDb's errors (et al). I've got enough mistakes of my own to sort out. I think I will have to start using the phrase 'could be' soon to describe some of the mystery extra's.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWright72 View Post
    This is a 1910 photo of Andrew Leigh. I guess it could be the same actor playing the Burgomaster in Curse, but hard to say for sure. The Leigh in the 1910 picture lived 1887-1957, and was predominantly a stage actor. Looking at the IMDb entry, I am thinking they have combined entries for two actors of the same name, especially as one of the credits is for an episode of The Vise in 1959, two years after he died! A couple of the other credits don't seem to match the older Leigh--I don't think someone would have played an Army private at age 64, for example. So maybe unknown 45 is indeed another Andrew Leigh and did appear as "The Reserved Man?" Mysterious indeed.
    You can submit corrections to the IMDb, if you can prove that their data is an error.

They currently have 3 people called Andrew Leigh. One is the actor who's entry you were looking at. That's Andrew Leigh (I)

There's Andrew Leigh (II), the writer & producer of a recent title

There's also Andrew Leigh (III), voice artist in a 2010 video game.

So your other Andrew Leigh isn't Andrew Leigh (II) or Andrew Leigh (III).
    But you could split the listings for Andrew Leigh (I) out into Andrew Leigh (I) and Andrew Leigh (IV), if you can provide any convincing proof that they are different people.

It is possible for an actor to appear in things after they've died, if release is delayed. The usual reason for two people working with the same name at the same time is that they are working in different countries. The Equity & SAG rules only restrict the use of a name in one country. If some of the films or TV shows were made in a different country (like the US) then that would lend weight to your argument as Anthony Leigh (1887 - 1957) was born in and mainly worked in the UK. But it's very unlikely that there would be two actors called Anthony Leigh both working in the same country at about the same time

Steve

Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWright72 View Post

The actor in the first picture is definately older than 23, the actor in the second picture could easily be 68 , i think he is "the" Andrew Leigh, Dave i think "The Vise" were filmed in a block with the release staggered, so it probably is him in it. With regard to Double Confession i think one of three things happened (1) Andrew Leigh appeared in it but his scene hit the cutting room floor. (2) He was hired to appear but pulled out and was replaced by another actor, his name remained on the credits (i know this has happened occasionally). (3) i am mistaken and Andrew Leigh remains "reserved" in another scene. I will scan through the film again and see if i missed him.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    10 times
    Hi Philly,

Thanks for that. Hadn't considered The Vise being filmed en bloc. I think likely the reason is probably your #1 or #2. I have seen quite a few British films of the period that have actors listed prominently in the opening credits that are nowhere to be seen in the final film. Presumably the name was kept for contractual reason,s or someone just plain forgot. I need to look at myself, but all I have is a very poor copy. Isn't tihs one considered "lost" BTW?

Dave

Liked
    2 times
    Double Confession has been recently issued by Renown, a good print too.