Page 29 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    The policeman is Ian Cullen.

Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Gerald. I thought 'you' might get it.

Liked
    0 times
    I've just been doing some corrections and have come to the conclusion that some of the 'musical' extra's in some of the Carry On films must have been members of Eric Rogers band. I think we all agree now that my Unknown #53 is 'not' Patrick Durkin but just the Bass player in Eric's band.

Who then would this guy be. He also appears with #53 in Carry On Again Doctor and Carry On Up The Khyber playing Violin in both

Does anyone know any names of the band members?
    Last edited by Movie Dude Won; 04-11-13 at 01:55 AM.

Liked
    0 times
    No luck with him then?

How about these two from Hobson's Choice. I'm certain I know them both but I cannot place them.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    10 times
    Leonard Sharp on left, I think. Other is familiar, but???

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Dave. I should have got Leonard Sharp. Maybe I should try forcing some RAM chips into my ears. Might help my memory?

Liked
    0 times
    I think this actor from 'Minder 1.1' is quite well known. He looks very familiar. I'm sure I've seen him in other things. Can't think what though!

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    That looks like Paul Williamson to me, MovieDude:

As he appeared in The Accidental Tourist (1988)

(Courtesy of The Actors Compendium)

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Cornershop. It's a good likeness. Still not sure though. I've got a hunch my man appears in Minder again. I suppose I will have to wait and see.

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Movie Dude Won View Post
    No luck with him then?

How about these two from Hobson's Choice. I'm certain I know them both but I cannot place them.

The chap on the right is also quite prominent as a police officer in the courtroom scenes in Eight O'Clock Walk (1953).

Liked
    182 times
    We know who she is now, but anyway here is Mabel Etherington as a righteous committee member in An Inspector Calls (1954). In the chair is pompous Mrs. Birling (Olga Lindo):

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Gerald. And for the e-mails.

I've been of-line for the last week. Another cock-up on the connection front. Had to change my name AGAIN.

So now I'm plain old 'Movie Dude'. Just to confuse things.

Liked
    177 times
    Good morning, MovieDude. I watched The Saint episode The Latin Touch (1962) earlier. No.18
    on your Unnamed Extras page (left) could well be Vincent Harding, seen here in Danger Man:

Your unnamed extra also reminded me of Del Baker. 1962 is probably before his time, however.

I didn't see this until looking back at the last few posts. The actress is surely Daphne Anderson:
    Quote Originally Posted by Movie Dude Won View Post
    This actor played an important role of a PC who dies while trying to rescue a family from a fire. He should have
    been credited for it. The lady is playing his wife. Both are very familiar. I bet someone out there knows them ...

Gerald identified the policeman as Ian Cullen. Your page for him reveals this is from Gideon's Way - The Firebug. But she's John Gregson's wife!

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Good Afternoon Cornershop. You may be right about the Vincent Harding image. It could well be him. I think your absolutely right about Daphne Anderson. How did I miss her??. I must have thought that she was the widowed wife of the policeman at the funeral. Odd thing though, it's actually a better likeness of Daphne than the one I used in the first place. I think I need to take some time off! Well spotted.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Cornershop

The man in the top left picture is Don Archell

Liked
    177 times
    Hey, thanks for providing another new name. AgedAD, and Merry Christmas if our paths don't cross before the big day. I can't find anything on the mysterious Don Archell. Doing rather better with Don Lurio, however (Young Generation choreographer), which will be useful for one of the Dance troupe forums. I hope to return as a poster, rather than consultant, in the New Year so appearances here may be less frequent.

Glad to be of help with Daffers, MovieDude. One of the many stars we've lost this year. Here's Unknown Male 49 again:

With (l-r) Peter Taylor, Walter Fitzgerald and Lisa Daniely (staring at camera) in H.G. Wells' Invisible Man - Odds Against Death (1959).

Liked
    8 times
    Aged AD. Yes Don Archell, I was very friendly with Don all those years ago, I often wonder what ever happened, last time I saw him was in "Get Carter" I think maybe he stopped doing extra work sometime after that.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Don Archell (b. 1932) was also a singer, started in the extra work about 1962 in things like Dr. No and The Password is Courage. He also used to stand in for somebody but I can't remember who. He did a couple hundred films and lots of TV through the mid 70s, did a couple more in 77 and 79, then did Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991) and Agnes Brown (2000) which were his last ones. From the 1980s he was a tour manager. The phone number I had for him is no good any more, and I haven't spoken to him for five or six years.

Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cornershop15 View Post
    Hey, thanks for providing another new name. AgedAD, and Merry Christmas if our paths don't cross before the big day. I can't find anything on the mysterious Don Archell. Doing rather better with Don Lurio, however (Young Generation choreographer), which will be useful for one of the Dance troupe forums. I hope to return as a poster, rather than consultant, in the New Year so appearances here may be less frequent.

Glad to be of help with Daffers, MovieDude. One of the many stars we've lost this year. Here's Unknown Male 49 again:

With (l-r) Peter Taylor, Walter Fitzgerald and Lisa Daniely (staring at camera) in H.G. Wells' Invisible Man - Odds Against Death (1959).
    Happy Christmas Cornershop

Behind Lisa Daniely is Renee Heimer and the lady next to her in the shadows is Edith Raye

Liked
    177 times
    Now it's Happy New Year, Aged AD. Very well spotted with the unknown-to-me Ms. Raye. Renee looks older there than she did in the 1960s.

I've spotted one of your 'Unknown Males' again, Movie Dude (also one of my 'Who Are These Policemen' subjects), left:

In the H. G. Wells' Invisible Man episode Bank Raid (1959). Do you recognise his colleague? A younger Ivor Dean?