Page 31 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Good morning, MovieDude. I watched The Saint episode The Covetous Headsman again earlier, but
    missed your Unnamed Extra 16 (right). She reminded me of an uncredited actress in a later episode:

The Well-Meaning Mayor and The Covetous Headsman

Now that I've placed your images together, I don't think they are of the same woman. I remember the lady on the left plays Leslie Sands' secretary, and posted a similar picture of her at 'Anyone recognise this actor?' a few years ago. Where do I find the other girl though? She looks a bit like Elaine Taylor.
    Last edited by cornershop15; 19-01-14 at 11:51 AM.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    I've had a look throught the episode and found the lady at approximatly 32.05 in.
    It's the nightclub scene where Templar is speaking to the singer (Carole Gray).

Here's the scene. You must have blinked Cornershop.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    I think the pirate far left in this episode of The adventures of sir lancelot is Fred Wood with a moustacheTHE ADVENTURES OF SIR LANCELOT.png

Liked
    0 times
    Watched Gideon's Way - The Big Fix recently. These four all had bit roles but none were credited. I'm sure one or two are 'known'.

Liked
    177 times
    Number 4 looks like Victor Brooks, who I saw earlier on in the Danger Man episode Have a Glass of Wine.

Re: Unknown girl in 'The Saint - The Covetous Headsman'

Belated Thanks for posting the full image, Movie Dude. I didn't notice her during normal viewing and still
    haven't looked for the scene (not been well the last few days).You don't think she's Elaine Taylor then?

Actors in 'The Avengers' episode Box of Tricks (1963)

Yourself and dissolute have both misidentified the Maitre d' (right). Royston Tickner (left) is actually your
    Unnamed Extra 6. Dissolute thinks the mystery actor is Gregory Scott, who you believe is Robert Hartley!

Movie Dude's webpage

Dissolute's webpage

(according to him, Unnamed Extra 1 is Yvette Herries)

Gregory will be my next subject at Where Have We Seen Them Before?. You should find him easy to recognise.

Liked
    0 times
    I thought of Victor when I saw him but sadly it's not him.

I have an image of Elaine Taylor and I can certainly see a resemblance but I couldn't swear to them being the same girl.

Excellent work sorting out Box of Tricks. I had two wrongly named and totally missed an unnamed actress. And I can't think why I missed Royston Tickner. I thought I knew his face well.

As it is with Elaine Taylor, so it is with Yvette Herries I'm afraid. I have an image of her but cannot swear to them being the same actress.

Well done Cornershop.

Liked
    0 times
    Dear Movie Dude
    The Avengers : Series 4 : Quick-Quick Slow Death : Fred Wood (pallbearer) as shown on Dissolute's Webpage

Quick Quick Slow Death (Pallbearer).jpg

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Michael. I'm afraid I'm only halfway through series three at the moment. I will get to this episode one day.

Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cornershop15 View Post
    Good morning, MovieDude. I watched The Saint episode The Covetous Headsman again earlier, but
    missed your Unnamed Extra 16 (right). She reminded me of an uncredited actress in a later episode:

The Well-Meaning Mayor and The Covetous Headsman

Now that I've placed your images together, I don't think they are of the same woman. I remember the lady on the left plays Leslie Sands' secretary, and posted a similar picture of her at 'Anyone recognise this actor?' a few years ago. Where do I find the other girl though? She looks a bit like Elaine Taylor.
    While I can see there is a likeness, it's certainly not Elaine Taylor whom I would recognize anywhere. The Covetous Headsman predates her earliest credit by 3 years and, if it were ET, she would be 18 or 19 which that actress isn't, IMHO.

Liked
    177 times
    Thanks, Movie Dude. How about Harry Littlewood for #4?:

In Shades of Darkness - The Lady Maid's Bell (1983)
    Last edited by cornershop15; 23-01-14 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Bell not Ball.

Liked
    0 times
    Good Shot Cornershop. I think you're right. He's a dead ringer for my other images of Harry.

Liked
    0 times
    Thats OK the work that you have already is keeping many people busy, I think the attached picture from Sir Lancalot shows fred as a pirate far left with a moustache

THE ADVENTURES OF SIR LANCELOT.png

Liked
    177 times
    Identifying actors in 'The Avengers - Box of Tricks' (1963)

MovieDude, I'm still not ready for my 'Where Have We Seen Them Before?' post on Gregory Scott. I want to find a better image of him in Please Sir!, in which he was credited just once as schoolteacher Mr. Wyatt. Fans of the series (which really deteriorated after John Alderton and the original class left) will know he appeared in many more of the later episodes. I don't think he said a word in the others, hence thar sole credit.

On the left is how Gregory looked in The Human Jungle - The Lost Hours (1964). On the right
    is the actor you say is Robert Hartley in The Avengers - Box of Tricks, from the previous year:

You might want further proof but I believe they're both Gregory Scott. This is Robert Hartley:

[

As he appeared in the Gazette episode Why Stay in Westdale? (1968). Do you agree that he's your Maitre d'?

You'll never guess who else was in that episode, Movie Dude!:

Last edited by cornershop15; 24-01-14 at 02:45 AM.

Liked
    0 times
    Sorry Cornershop. I misunderstood your previous post. I've had another look at Box of Tricks and according to the end credits both Robert Hartley and Gregory Scott are listed without character descriptions. So the error lies with IMDb AGAIN. I really aught to take more notice of things. You are right as usual Cornershop. No need for 'further proof'. All I need do is swap round the two pictures. Thanks for pointing that out.

Senior Member Country: Australia dissolute's Avatar
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cornershop15 View Post
    Actors in 'The Avengers' episode Box of Tricks (1963)

Yourself and dissolute have both misidentified the Maitre d' (right). Royston Tickner (left) is actually your
    Unnamed Extra 6. Dissolute thinks the mystery actor is Gregory Scott, who you believe is Robert Hartley!

Movie Dude's webpage
    Dissolute's webpage
    (according to him, Unnamed Extra 1 is Yvette Herries)
    Sorry, I've been away a long time...
    "Box of Tricks" annoyingly lists 5 actors just as "with" on screen BUT the camera script for "Box of Tricks" has the following additional credits:

Head waiter - Robert Hartley
    Doorman - Royston Tickner
    Maid - Gail Starforth
    Showgirl - Lynn Taylor

Gregory is not listed in the script... I puzzled over this a long time and settled on Royston being the man with the moustache who takes the mail, etc, where Venus is staying and the head waiter being the bloke also referred to as Nino (although he's a barman):

Is Royston the bloke with the tash?

Yvette had a (script) credit in "The Golden Fleece" Barwoman - Yvette Herries and I fancied a resemblance:

Liked
    177 times
    Here's a good one of Royston Tickner for you, dissolute. In Part 6 of the Timeslip story The Wrong End of Time (1970):

As pub landlord George Bradley. He has a profile at Timeslip's official website.

Movie Dude, I watched The Kiss of the Vampire for the first time earlier this week, and was convinced the
    actress who played Peter Madden's wife, Vera Cook (left), was that sad-looking woman in Fahrenheit 451:

Credit: The Actors Compendium. I looked forward to identifying yet another Unnamed Extra but both yourself
    and wearysloth have already credited this actress as Roma Milne. An uncanny resemblance, don't you think?

Liked
    0 times
    Uncanny indeed Cornershop. It's certainly a strong resemblance. Could IMDb be wrong? (again). I'm afraid I don't have the recording anymore so I can't check the end credits for any clues. I really must stop deleting things.

Liked
    177 times
    You might remember, Movie Dude, that the credits were actually spoken - by Alex Scott. He was also reunited with Julie Christie, who'd earlier appeared with him in Darling.

Liked
    0 times
    AH! I get it now!!! I don't remember at all. But now I understand why there was no opening title to this film. NO WRITTEN WORDS! Of course.

Senior Member Country: Australia dissolute's Avatar
    Liked
    10 times
    Movie Dude, you have corrected the photo of Gregory Scott on your Box of Tricks page but it still says Maitre d' beneath him, instead of Nino, the barman.
    I guess the maitre d' is Robert but I'm still not convinced... but he doesn't appear to be anyone else in the episode, excpet maybe one of the generals... maybe your unknown 12 & 14 who are the same person?