Page 33 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Man in the front is Colin Mackenzie, I think--he was in Devil Doll, to wit:

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Cornershop. I'm sure they will prove useful sooner of later. The one that most interested me was the guy in the middle of the ladies. I knew that I knew him but couldn't place him (reminds me of Gerald Paris). I though he was in the Extra's somewhere. But Dave has pointed him out as Colin McKenzie. (Well spotted Dave. Saved me a long job of searching for him)

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Well done, Dave. You can now add these appearances to your Colin McKenzie gallery, Movie Dude:

L-R - Devil Doll (1964); Circus of Fear (1966); and Department S - Death on Reflection (1969)

Thanks again to Roger for identifying him in Circus of Fear. Now he's returned, I wonder if Mr. Moxey (the film's director) will recognise him?

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Cornershop. I've added those to his page. That's the first image I've got from Department S. Another TV series I will have to buy.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cornershop15 View Post
    Make sure you click the links ...

New Unknown Male subjects?

Hello again, Movie Dude. The Wedding Photographer in the Edgar Wallace film Marriage of Convenience (1960)
    - your Unnamed Extra #3 - is the guy I recently mistook for a young Fred Woods in H.G. Wells' Invisible Man:

With cult favourite Jennifer Daniel (wearing a dark wig), who has arrived at a registry office to 'marry' villain John Cairney.

Looking back at some old captures from Department S - Death on Reflection (1969), I recognised several familiar faces:

The credited actors are Guy Rolfe (tall man at the back), Dennis Alaba Peters (the black man), and Susan Denny (sitting next to him).
    The ladies in the front row are Pearl Walters (left) & Mabel Etherington. Inbetween is someone I recognise from the Devil Doll remake.

I know you need more than one image to create an 'Unknown Male' gallery, Movie Dude, so trust these will prove useful.
    Is the partially obscured chap behind Dennis Alaba Peters, Charles Adey Gray ?

Liked
    177 times
    Quote Originally Posted by philly View Post
    Is the partially obscured chap behind Dennis Alaba Peters, Charles Adey Gray ?
    Having looked at the scene again, I've found a good shot of the same man. It's not Charles. Do you still recognise him?:

A much better view of Dennis, again with Susan Denny and Guy Rolfe (the aforementioned "tall man at the back"). Who are the mystery ladies?

Liked
    0 times
    To help identify some others the lady in the white top on the left is EILEEN HARVEY and the tall man at the back on the right is ERIC WETHERALL

Liked
    2 times
    No sorry i don't recognise him now cornershop.

Liked
    177 times
    The reappearance of' UM 21 should make up for that disappointment, philly! Remember the trouble I had trying to find him in Ace of Wands?

Most Wanted subjects in 'Department S' - Death on Reflection (1969)

Quote Originally Posted by Aged AD View Post
    To help identify some others the lady in the white top on the left is EILEEN HARVEY and the tall man at the back on the right is ERIC WETHERALL
    Thanks very much, Aged AD. Eileen Harvey is a new name to me, but isn't she better known as 'Unknown Female 28'?:

Behind her is Unknown Male 21, and next to him is Guy Rolfe. I've seen the Lady in Red before somewhere. Mais o�?

A mini gallery of the featured Most Wanted subjects to compare with the screencaps:

Unknown Male 12, Unknown Male 21 and Unknown Female 28 ('Movie Dude's Blonde')

I'm hoping 12 is the man on the right (nearest camera). Above his bald head is Walter Henry. On his left is Frances Baker.
    Also there are Mabel Etherington (front left) and I think Roy Lansford (with pipe). Raising his finger is Paul Whitsun-Jones:

Roy Lansford is sitting down in one or two other shots so he might be playing two different characters at the auction.

Possible identifications in Seven Days to Noon ... soon.

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    I don't think that is no. 12, cornershop, but on the subject of bald men, it looks like Hugh Cecil next to Paul Whitsun-Jones. And is that Josie Grant in the middle of the back row?

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Lady in white definitely not Movie Dude's blonde--her eyebrows are unmistakable. Lady in white also seems too placid; eyebrow lady always seemed a bit piqued. That certainly seems to be Hugh Cecil, though.

Really wish someone would ID Unknown Male 21--he's one of the few unknown extras that actually gets to act a bit, in a way--great at looking outraged or leering suggestively. One of my favorites.

Liked
    177 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    I don't think that is no. 12, cornershop, but on the subject of bald men, it looks like Hugh Cecil next to Paul Whitsun-Jones.
    Too bad about #12, and Unknown Female 28. However, based on other images I've seen*, you're right about Hugh Cecil:

*Hugh Cecil - movie-dude.co.uk

And is that Josie Grant in the middle of the back row?
    I'd have recognised her if she was smiling. This is slightly earlier, with the camera zooming in for that close-up of Paul:

Pearl Walters is the more prominent lady at the front this time. That is Roy Lansford with the pipe. Frances Baker and Walter Henry next to Paul.

Josie Grant - movie-dude.co.uk

Liked
    177 times
    Business as usual then, Gerald.

Unnamed Extras in 'Seven Days to Noon' (1950)

Have I found Robert Dean's appearance, on the left?:

On the right is how he looked in Private's Progress (1956).

Robert was in an episode of Danger Man I watched the other night. The first entry in his filmography
    is that 'Bit Part' in Seven Days to Noon. I hope I've identified two or three more (?) Unnamed Extras:

1 - Jack Sharp; 2 and 3 look like the same bloke (Edward Chapman lookalike); 4 - Hugh Latimer?

Senior Member Country: Germany Hummies's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Catching up with all the interesting posts regarding unnamed actors and extras...

Quote Originally Posted by MovieDudeToo View Post
    ......and here are some more....

Unknown Male Number 72

(now your unnamed male #91)
    This should be a young Billy Cornelius. You already have loads of pictures from other appearances on his actor's page.

Best regards,
    Hummies

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Hummies. Excellent sighting. Nice to see you back.

Liked
    0 times
    Peter Perkins? or his 'Brother'?

I can't tell!

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Movie Dude View Post
    Peter Perkins? or his 'Brother'?

I can't tell!
    It's his "brother".

Liked
    0 times
    Right Gotit! Thanks Gerald.

Liked
    182 times
    Most likely not . . . but could Frank Foley, the parachute instructor in Operation Crossbow (1965) be Unknown male 108, aka "Peter Evans' brother", or he is also "Frank Foley's brother"??

Liked
    0 times
    I'm fairly sure it can't be him Gerald. I seem to remember reading that Frank Foley was actually a 'real' RAF Parachute Instructor. Certainly looks like a family resemblance to 108 though!