Page 40 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Positive identifications of four Harem Girls in '(Carry On) Follow That Camel'?

Movie Dude, please confirm that the uncredited actresses in Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush
    (left) and (Carry On) Follow That Camel (centre) are both Gina Warwick (right, in Department S):

Also, compare dissolute's image of Zorenah Osborne (a Google Image search should help you locate that) to
    Unnamed Extra 31 and the Spotlight photo of Karen Young at The Actors Compendium to Unnamed Extra 34.

And your current 'Gina Warwick' (24) is, in fact, Angela Grant. Too exhausted to post the images in question.
    Last edited by cornershop15; 22-06-14 at 02:48 AM.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Not sure about the Gina Warwick images but you're probably right. Dissolute's image of Zorenah Osborne is a very good match for #31. I think she is also #34 in Help!.

Karen Young was born in late 1958 which would make her about nine years old at the time of filming Follow That Camel, so I presume it can't be her.

Excellent sightings Cornershop.

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    There is a Karen Young listed as a harem girl, mind you.

Liked
    0 times
    Now I'm embarrassed. I actually have her on the site. How I missed this is beyond me.

This is Karen Young

Liked
    177 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Movie Dude View Post
    Karen Young was born in late 1958 which would make her about nine years old at the time of filming Follow That Camel, so I presume it can't be her.
    Hi, Movie Dude. Back to defend myself again (I still think my Mystery Brunette #2 is Gerry Crampton's wife)!

The Karen Young that was born in 1958 is the American actress who starred in revenge thriller Handgun, wheras the Karen
    Young in Follow That Camel (born in 1946) is better known as a singer. She had a Top 10 hit in 1969 with Nobody's Child.

Here is the gallery I intended to post last night. Thank you for agreeing that the first Harem Girl is Zorenah Osborne (left):

Karen's hairline in the last picture is a good match for Unnamed Extra 34. I think the fringe came when she reinvented herself as a Pop singer:

Google Image results for 'karen young nobody's child'

Liked
    177 times
    Just seen your post, Movie Dude. This has really thrown a 'spanner in the works'. Were there three Karen Youngs? I have to say yours is very similar to Imogen Hassall.

Liked
    0 times
    Looks like some confusion here. Having scoured IMDb and Wickipedia I have to assume there are probably more than two acting and/or singing Karen Young's. The British singer (Nobody's Child) doesn't look much like my images of the actress. I also notice that both references to 'my' Karen in IMDb are from the public, so they could still be wrong.

She did also remind me of Imogen Hassall who appeared three times in The Saint herself.

I think possibly that actress Karen and singer Karen are maybe two different people?

Liked
    177 times
    Sorry for causing that confusion, Movie Dude! I could have sworn I read that Pop star Karen Young was an actress but it does indeed seem likely there were two stars with the same name at the same time (Late 1960s).

Can't do any more with this until very late tonight, but think I can be of some help in the meantime. If you follow this link, you'll find the Carry On Karen on the cover of Parade magazine (15th February 1969). When I get the chance I'm going to track down her appearance in something that's mentioned in a newspaper article but NOT her filmography. Should be interesting.

Later on, Dude!

Liked
    177 times
    Karen Young mystery (continued)

Well I've scanned the first few minutes of the Special Branch episode Miss International (1970), and from the models who've appeared so far the girl in the second picture is most likely to be Karen Young. Hopefully she's seen to better effect later on (it always takes hours to get to the end). At least two of these images are supposed to be her - the Parade cover on the left, which is an excellent match for your Saint captures, and the Spotlight photo on the right:

Cropped from newspaper articles. Are they really all the same woman?:

Daily Express, 21st April 1977; Daily Mirror, 23rd May 1970; Daily Express, 23rd April 1971
    (the first was probably taken a few years earlier as Karen is described as a "former model")

The Special Branch image and 1977 scan are a fair combination. However, the Harem Girl and 23rd May 1970 face
    look similar, yet different to all the others Tiredness has got the better of me again so I'll leave it there for now.
    Last edited by cornershop15; 23-06-14 at 02:24 AM.

Liked
    0 times
    I agree Cornershop. The first is definitely Karen Young (the Actress). It looks to me now that there may be, not two, but three Karen Young's. I think image 3 (top row) can be discounted as just a look-a-like. Image 4 and images 1971 & 1977 look like they are probably the same girl (ie the singer). The girl in the middle looks totally different to all of them. Were all three described as the singer Karen?. And I think we need to see a clearer shot of the Special Branch image, who could be either the singer of the actress or even another Karen!

Liked
    177 times
    Great news, Movie Dude. The girl in the middle (reposted below) IS the same Karen Young. Disregard the other capture
    from Special Branch and focus on this one. The Daily Mirror article says she plays Miss Acapulco and here's the proof:

So she "reinvented herself" as a blonde, not a Pop singer! Looked better as a brunette.

I now believe the girl on the left, who you thought was Gina Warwick, and who I thought was Angela Grant, is Karen Young:

Carry Ons Follow That Camel & Up the Khyber (both 1967) and The Saint (1969)

In answer to your question about the newspaper articles, no references to her as a singer but one has the heading "Gambler Karen ..."!
    Last edited by cornershop15; 23-06-14 at 04:10 PM.

Liked
    0 times
    Excellent work Cornershop. A very nice piece of research.

I agree, she looked better as a brunette. So, we are back to two Karen's. One singer and one actress. I was wondering what happened to the singer but the information on google and wickipedia is confused and difficult to decipher. She's probably an old granny by now.

I have rearanged those and added the Miss Acapulco image to her page.

Well done

Liked
    177 times
    Many Thanks, Movie Dude. I later found a good solo shot of Karen, towards the end of the Special Branch episode. I did say it takes a long time to get there! She looks as if she realises it was a mistake to go blonde ("What have I done?").

Unnamed Extra 34 is back. This time I'm 100% certain she's Helga Jones, aka Lesley Jones:

And Mother Makes Three (1973); Vogue, 1st April 1969; and Follow That Camel (1967).

In case you missed my Gina Gianelli post at Sighted, I think she might be Unnamed Extra 29:

Hopefully Gina in The Deadly Bees (1966), left, and as she appeared in the Daily Mirror, 11th May 1967.

Liked
    0 times
    Lovely stuff. Thats two more ladies with their own page now. Well done Cornershop.

Thert are just short of 50,000 other unnamed extra's who need identifying. Could you possibly do them by next week please?

Liked
    177 times
    50,000 is an incredible number for you to cope with, Movie Dude. You're not going to add the 300,000 used in Gandhi, I hope (and that was for the funeral scene alone)! Anything before the 1960s and after the Mid-70s are a struggle for me so I can only be of limited assistance. However, credits like 1st, 2nd and 3rd Girl in the And Mother Makes Three episode are my sort of challenge. Same with Doctor Who Guardians, and now Harem Girls!

That gallery of 'New Faces' I mentioned recently should prove very useful for yourself, wearysloth and others. Among those I've screencapped in the last week are Ian Cooper, Andree Evans, Eddie (not Deddie) Davies, Rona Bower and Alfred Bell. I'll post reduced versions of the best images at the 'Actors Compendium Website' thread. In my last post there, I added a few more faces you might not be familiar with, from The Corridor People, and I have more 'Unnoticed' subjects lined up over the next few months

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Cornershop. Any help you give is always welcome. I think it would be an absolute miricle if I ever got all of my extra's named so I won't be holding my breath.

I would certainly be interested to have a look at your 'New Faces' gallery. Is it ready for viewing yet? A link would be useful.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    Dear MD

Watched Monster Club last night a saw Fred as the typical Angry Villager, have post some still shots below

Monster Club (1980).jpgMonster Club2 (1980).jpgMonster club3.jpgMonster club3.jpgMonster Club4.jpgMonster Club 5.jpg

Liked
    177 times
    Is The Monster Club the film where Anthony Valentine plays some tormented character who causes death and destruction whenever he whistles?

He was also in Performance. I returned to Anthony Roye's scene earlier and, for the first time, noticed these two ladies:

Have I spotted Mabel Etherington and Muriel Greenslade again? With (l-r) John Bindon, John Sterland and James Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Movie Dude View Post
    I would certainly be interested to have a look at your 'New Faces' gallery. Is it ready for viewing yet? A link would be useful.

Easier to put that together than the Performance thread I keep going on about (another failed attempt today). You should find it at Actors Compendium Website sometime today.

Liked
    0 times
    I've not seen The Monster Club, so I wouldn't be able to answer that.

I don't think the ladies are Muriel are Mabel. But the angle makes it difficult to be certain.

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    cornershop, although Anthony Valentine is indeed in The Monster Club, he's not the whistler. That's James Laurenson. Anthony plays a vampire hunter, along with Donald Pleasence and Neil McCarthy, collectively called "The Bleeney"!

I'm sure that's not Mabel or Muriel, unfortunately.