Page 44 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Great work on QB VII, Movie Dude. A few more for you from the Unnamed extras:

page 1
    16 Alan Gibbs
    100 Valentine Palmer

page 2
    4 & 8 Lew Hooper
    47 Harold Sanderson

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    I recognise 7 (right) from the recently-screencapped When Day Is Done and wonder if she might be Lola Willard (left)?:

Left to right: With Shane Briant in Straight on Till Morning (filmed in 1971); When Day Is Done & QB VII (both 1974).

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cornershop15 View Post
    I recognise 7 (right) from the recently-screencapped When Day Is Done and wonder if she might be Lola Willard (left)?:

Left to right: With Shane Briant in Straight on Till Morning (filmed in 1971); When Day Is Done & QB VII (both 1974).
    The Lady on the right in both pictures is Mary Maxted

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks everyone. Excellent work. I'll get them done soon.

Liked
    0 times
    Cornershop. Is the middle image, When Day Is Done from the Armchair Cinema episode of the same name?

Liked
    177 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Aged AD View Post
    The Lady on the right in both pictures is Mary Maxted
    Thanks, Roger. I really should have got that, having recognised her in The Mackintosh Man. Definitely Lola Willard in the first image though.

Quote Originally Posted by Movie Dude View Post
    Cornershop. Is the middle image, When Day Is Done from the Armchair Cinema episode of the same name?
    That's right, Movie Dude. The one with our new friend Godfrey Jackman and 'Actors Creating Magic' subjects Edward Woodward and Patricia Maynard:

Liked
    0 times
    OK Thanks Cornershop. I thought it might be so.

Liked
    177 times
    Unnamed Extras in 'The Trials of Oscar Wilde' (1960)

This was inspired by a rare appearance from Robert Percival, who was in an Edgar Wallace film I watched last night called
    The Share Out. I'm optimistic that my b&w image of him is the right match for No.1 and think I've identified several others:

Is #3 a moustacheless Edward Evans? 4 is Liam Gaffney, 5 looks like Tom Gill, and 6 is obviously 'Reporter' Alfred Burke.

Movie Dude, I can't see Laurence Naismith and Anthony Newlands anywhere. Why is that? Less confident about these:

1 -Peter Evans?, 2 - The older Jack May?, 3 and 4 - Unknown Male 32, 5 - maybe Jack Dearlove?, and 6 - Howard Lang.

Liked
    182 times
    Second row:

1 Peter Evans, yes
    2 Kynaston Reeves, not Jack May the First
    5 Jack Dearlove, yes

Liked
    0 times
    Good work chaps. I'm afraid this is one of those films I did back in the dark ages. Consequently the quality of the images is poor. Back then I was less than conciencious about accuracy and typically there are some missing. I have been waiting for some years now for it to be re-run on TV. Still waiting!

I thought I knew Robert Percival but I've no other images of him so he must be a new name to me. Odd, because I've looked at this image many times and I was sure I knew his face. Nevertheless, a very good sighting along with Liam Gaffney, Tom Gill, Alfred Burke, Peter Evans, Kynaston Reeves (thank you Gerald), Jack Dearlove and Unknown Male 32.

Not sure about the others. 8 out of 10. Excellent.

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Movie Dude View Post
    I thought I knew Robert Percival but I've no other images of him so he must be a new name to me. Odd, because I've looked at this image many times and I was sure I knew his face.
    Movie Dude, you do have him already as Robert Perceval (correct spelling), recently ID-ed in Cromwell and from QUATERMASS AND THE PIT.

And yes, that is Howard Lang.

Liked
    0 times
    Oh Dear. The joys of spelling errors. I often forget to check for spelling variations. Thanks Gerald.

Liked
    177 times
    Very surprised to have done so well with The Trials of Oscar Wilde. Thank you. I think you'll find Alfie is in also in Dunkirk, Movie Dude!

Unnamed Extras in 'Carry On Regardless' (1961)

Left to right: Andrew Andreas, Nora Gordon and possibly future 'Harem Girl' Zorenah Osborne?

I have a feeling #26 is a young Colin Rix (right, in Randall and Hopkirk - Vendetta for a Dead Man):

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Cornershop. I wish I had a decent copy of 'Trials'. I would make an even better job of it.

I'm a little confused! 'Alfie in Dunkirk?'. Please explain.

Andrew Andreas and Nora Gordon I think are right. Not sure about the others though.

Liked
    177 times
    Still hopeful about the other two! 'Alfie' as in Alfred Burke ... in Dunkirk:

Surely that's Alfie?! And maybe John Garrie & Stanley Van Beers (from the same film)?

Some others I think I've identified - Martin Wyldeck, Jack Armstrong & Kevin Brennan:

A Kid For Two Farthings; (Carry On) Don't Lose Your Head & A Tale of Two Cities

Also, #24 in your Unnamed Extras gallery for the former must be 'Sandwich Board Man' James Lomas. Can you spot him in Carry On Regardless?

Liked
    182 times
    A nice appearance for Unknown Male 49 in The Constant Husband (1954), but still no credit for him:

He does one of those being in two places at once thing in this sequence, as he plays simultaneously an Adelphi Club member in the background.

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Cornershop.

You may be right about 'Alfie' and John Garrie. They do look similar. But I'd have to say the other four are not who you suggest.

John Lomas is a new name to me but it seems if he is #24 in A Kid For Two Farthings then he must be #52 in Carry On Regardless.

I'll give him a page soon. Well spotted.

Liked
    0 times
    Oops! I meant James.

Liked
    177 times
    First time I've seen #49 in colour.

I'm surprised you agree with only two of those, Movie Dude. More comparisons ...

Jack Armstrong, hopefully, in Don't Lose Your Head and Heavens Above!.

Stanley Van Beers in The Dam Busters (thanks, wearysloth) and Dunkirk?:

Also confident about King Kev (Brennan), but can't find a suitable match.
    Last edited by cornershop15; 25-07-14 at 02:36 AM.

Liked
    0 times
    Sorry but I'm going to disagree again Cornershop. I've done the comparisons again and perhaps these two make it clearer.

All these were shot about the same time, probably within a year of each other so I still say it may look like Jack but I don't think it is him.

The same with Stanley Van Beers. I collected a few of the man in question and when compared I still think they are different people.

I think though you could be right with the Kevin Brennan image. After having a good long look, it does compare well with his other images.

Page 44 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast