Page 59 of 141 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 2814
    Junior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Palmer View Post
    First let me say I'm sorry to Fred's children and grandchildren if he ill-treated them. HOWEVER I must say that this thread is specifically designed to talk about the SCREEN WORK of film extras, not a place to trash their personal lives. The man in question was very kind to me, and I spoke to him and his wife Joan at least six or seven different times. They were always courteous and helpful to ME. I also spoke to many people who worked with them-especially Fred-and they all liked and respected him, and used him many times. It seems to me that instead of ranting on this forum you should go to a psychiatrist and rant. To keep going on here like this is both distasteful and a sign of serious mental problems, and this is NOT the place for these lunatic outbursts.
    I merely came on here to defend your accusations that my mother was a fake and get nothing but abuse. You should be ashamed of yourselves. My mother got very upset at the accusations and and at stonefans disgusting message to me. Don't you ever call us mental or lunatics, You want to know all about Fred wood then you've got to hear the good and bad, you don't pick and choose. Talking to my grandparents 6 or 7 times does not qualify you to judge what kind of people they were.

I'm going to leave it there before I get really Angry. Your behaviour is disgraceful.

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    How dare you Scott Palmer! My mother was Unknown Female No 1 ( she wouldn't tell us her name, that's how cruel she was) and like Fred Wood she was a terrible parent. In fact all her mates; George, Reg, Victor and Ernie were all horrible to us. They were all extras and in the early days of VHS we would be tied up in the basement and forced to spot their appearances by going through endless tapes and writing them down. I remember on one occasion this man, Guy Stanley I think, being furious that I missed his appearance in Top Secret. Subsequently he made me watch the whole film again whilst his friends laughed uncontrollably at our plight and got drunk on Blue Nun. One woman, Pauline Chambermaid, would dress as a feather dancer and try and distract us by wafting her feathers in front of the screen. They were all mad and I can only sympathise with the Wood family. As this problem was so widespread I set up the charity VOBA ( Victims of Background Artists) to help. So far we have raised enough money to get mummy a headstone for her grave. Unfortunately though we still don't know her name!

Banned Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    Dear Wood Family. May I profusely and sincerely apologise for my behaviour. I acted like a bounder and a cad and I'm terribly sorry. I should never have used the term loonball. It was morally reprehensible and I have ensured that my good lady wife has chastised and punished me accordingly. I would also like to apologise for my flipent, although amusing, comments made to Wood Timber Wood about his eagle eyed sightings in films that his father couldn't possibly have appeared in. It was silly and terribly naughty. Having said that let's stick to talking about the films and not the personal lives of the men and women in them. I think it was the shocking revelations from Open Dors that made me realise these people were flesh and blood and not simply flicking shapes on a movie screen. Love to all. X x
    Last edited by Stonefan; 15-11-14 at 03:33 PM.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Well said Stonefan.

I still find this very strange.

"My mother was Unknown Female No 1" and you don't know her name ??? Surely its the same as yours ???

Your mother was very cruel to you but you still want a headstone to mark mummy's grave. ????

I can find no evidence of a charity called VOBA.

And the thought of all these extra's getting drunk and laughing at your demise is utterly amazing, especially Pauline Chambermaid (chamberlain ???) dressed in feathers, dancing around a cellar and mentaly torturing children is utterly utterly bizzare. It would make a great movie.

I am quite happy to accept your story as fact but I'm afraid you will now have to furnish some evidence for it.

Address, phone number and charity registration number of VOBA.

Where is 'mummy' buried. What name was she buried under.

And frankly any other information that would clarify this.

and I would be grateful if you would PM this information.

Failing this, all I can say is, this is just a bizzare story

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Moviedude

My mother, Unknown Female 1 , never allowed us to know her real name. In fact for many years I was addressed as Unknown Boy 17 ( and latter teenager/ Man ) which made it difficult to make friends. Such was the extent of her cruelty. As for the charity it isn't a registered charity. I keep most of the money to pay for chop pek pork and figurines of pigs. Even though she was a nutter she was still my mummy and deserves a proper headstone. All the stories are true. In the late 60,s she was having a turgid affair with another extra called, I think, Tim Brody. He was a big, chubby fellow with a surprisingly high pitched voice. He was the worst. He'd get drunk with this snotty couple ( Alec and Eileen Louis) and they would tease me over my buck teeth and hump. Cruel beyond words. I think they were bitter because they never got any lines. I can't PM you though because the prison officers here won't allow it.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicki__B View Post
    Excuse me but it most certainly wasn't a hoaker and it was indeed my mother who was posting and Fred wood was her father
    I am sincerely sorry to offend you and your mother, no offence was intended, some sites are plagued by hoaxers and i jumped to the wrong conclusion here, sorry again.

Best Wishes

Phil (philly)

Liked
    0 times
    Well, I just laughed so much my arse fell off.

I'm begining to think Stonefan was right. I assume the prison you are in is high security and is favoured by loonies like you.

Be a good little boy and go back to playing with the railway lines.

We seem to have been invaded by trolls.

Senior Member Country: England phil's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    Can someone Close Dors?

Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by phil View Post
    Can someone Close Dors?
    I will if you like. Open Dors is me. It's just me under a different name but the jokes gone on to long and it's wearing thin. Open Dors is shut for good.

Liked
    7 times
    One thing I must stress however is that I'm not any of the Wood family. I confess having two accounts in different names is odd but sometimes I wanted to post daft things and I promise Open Dors was my only other alias. As my Stonefan posts were also becoming increasingly bizarre at times there's now no reason to keep up the pretence. After all that Wood family business it was time to come clean and to prove my loyalty to Britmovies I promise to be a good boy. Scott , Gerald, Philly, Moviedude and others please allow me back into your ample bosoms for further exploration of our dear faces in the crowds who we love to discover hidden on the small and silver screen.

PS. To prove my adoration to this extras forum I solemnly declare my sincerity in the name of Lola Morice ( my dear great aunt, no she wasn't ...I can't stop myself!!!)
    Last edited by Stonefan; 15-11-14 at 06:37 PM.

Liked
    8 times
    Well said Scott, we don't need any of this.

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Back to business and back to Brannigan:

Unnamed extra 10 & 14 Pat Hagan
    20 & 28 Jeff Silk
    51 Charlie Price
    63 Derek Chafer?

Doctor at Large
    50 & 55 Graham Tonbridge

Doctor in Love
    16 Fred Stroud
    25 Jack Dearlove
    35 Jessie Robins?

Apologies if I've mentioned these before.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Also, Doctor at Large:
    Unnamed extra 11 is Unknown Male 27, and extra 54 is Unknown Male 8

Doctor in Love
    unnamed extra 36 looks a lot like Claire Gordon

and of course, extra 1 (the Rank gong man) is Ken Richmond.

Liked
    2 times
    Jeeves and Wooster - Silver Jug - no 6 Eric Kent
    Interpol Calling - Private View - No 18 Jack Armstrong again
    Minder - Aces High - No 23 Clive Hornby

Liked
    0 times
    Yes. Back to business indeed. Thanks everyone.

Liked
    182 times
    Brannigan again: Unknown extra 4 = Michael Crane.

Liked
    182 times
    While we're at it:

Carry On Henry
    Unnamed extra 4 Otto Friese

and

The Lamp Still Burns
    Unnamed extra 14 Jack May

but

AGATHA CHRISTIE'S MISS MARPLE
    "A Pocketful of Rye"
    Not Pat Gorman.

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Gerald. And no need to apologise for repeating. It helps me remember to update things. (Which I tend to forget about)

Liked
    182 times
    I wonder if this is an early appearance of the bearded Unknown Male 4 in Give us the Moon (1944)?:

The group at the door include Gibb McLaughlin, Peter Graves and Victor Rietti.

He certainly does appear in THE CHAMPIONS episode "Reply Box No. 666".

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    That's definitely him, even if it looks like he borrowed Terence Conoley's syrup.