Page 78 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 2814
    Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    We will indeed call her Unknown Female 31 Cornershop. The lady now has her own page.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Movie Dude View Post
    Thanks Philly.

Bit of a problem!

Are you saying the list below 'is' Terry Rendell - or - is it Terry Rendell's lookalike??

1954 - Out of the Clouds
    1955 - Above us the Waves
    1955 - Doctor at Sea
    1955 - The Gilded Cage
    1956 - You Can't Escape
    1957 - The One That Got Away
    1957 - I Accuse!
    1959 - A Touch of Larceny
    1960 - Two Way Stretch
    1960 - The Two Faces of Dr. Jekyll
    1960 - The Grass is Greener
    1960 - Sink the Bismark!
    1960 - The Pure Hell of St. Trinians
    18/10/62 - The Saint - The Careful Terrorist
    1963 - Murder at the Gallop
    12/03/64 - The Saint - The Ever Loving Spouse
    1966 - The Great St. Trinians Train Robbery
    These are the lookalike Movie Dude with the exception of Pure Hell at St Trinians which is the real Terry.

Liked
    0 times
    OK Philly. I'll do them next.

OK. Done them. He is now Unknown Male 10.
    Last edited by Movie Dude; 03-04-16 at 04:50 PM.

Liked
    0 times
    Richard Gregory is now done. His double is now Unknown Male 12.

Liked
    2 times
    By way of elimination I have worked out the name of an unknown extra, one of my most wanted, he was an elderly gentleman in films released around 1960, I have spotted him many times, I am sure he has featured unrecognised in some sighted caps. At Movie Dude's site he is in Carry on Regardless (unnamed extra 31) as Old Man in the Ruby Room, in Doctor in Love (unnamed extra 53) he was the Waldorf Towers commissionaire in the 1961 Norman Wisdom film 'The Girl on the Boat' he has an entry at IMDb with dates of birth and death, his name is Charles Julian.

Liked
    0 times
    OK Philly. Done those (well worked out) and the Arnold Lee thing.

Charles Julian is actually looking at the Philosopher's Club Notice board. He doesnt appear in the Ruby Room.

Well done

Liked
    2 times
    He's sat at the back minus hat Movie Dude, no close up though easy to miss. Also in Carry on Regardless is John H. Moore (unnamed extra 54) and UE 34 is probably George Rigby still working on that though.
    Last edited by philly; 06-04-16 at 08:25 PM.

Liked
    0 times
    Righto Philly. I seem to remember that the Wine taster's were in the Ruby Room and were all standing up, and the old gentlemen in The Philosopher's Club were the one's sitting down. You may be right. I will have to dig out the movie and have another look.

John H Moore. I've always thought I knew the face but couldn't get the name.

Well sighted.

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Welcome back Movie Dude, after all this time. Obviously a more than frustrating year, not being able to update your site. At least you've finally added Jill Gascoine and Norman Rodway to the list of 15,195 actors! I hope you will take note of all the identifications we've made in your absence, many of which can be found at the Extras in Public Eye thread as well as this one.

Two new faces to mark your return:

Beryl Nesbitt and Harry Douglas

In the Sykes episodes The Stay-At-Home Holiday (1979) & Dream (1972)

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Charles Julian also appeared in many episodes of Hancock's Half Hour, whenever there was a crowd. Beryl Nesbitt has apparently been in hundreds of movies and TV shows, but for some reason she doesn't "pop" out at us.

Good to see you back Dan!!

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks guys. It's good to be back.

Frustrating is a good word for it Cornershop. I've been kicking myself for a long time over this. The connection was absolutely terrible. It was OK connecting sometimes but I soon found I couldn't reply very quickly and some replies just did not get through no matter how long I waited. I eventually just gave up. So my apologies to all who never received a reply.

Thankfully, I have now updated my hardware and have speeded up considerably. But saying that I seem to have amassed an even bigger pile of corrections. I will keep at it. Perhaps one day I might even clear the back-log.

Liked
    177 times
    Glad everything's back to normal now, Movie Dude. Thank you for giving some of my Public Eye subjects their own pages (Joe Santo, Donald Groves, etc.). I can assure you it won't be long before all those I've identified will be firmly established as they'll be featuring again in that 'spin-off' thread I mentioned a few weeks ago - 'Public Eye' Extras in Other Roles. Only intend to post the best images of them at this one, e.g. Lesley Hand in The Two Ronnies (Series 3 Episode 2).

Quote Originally Posted by philly View Post

24th April 2015

When you get the book cornershop, i hope we can look forward to a sister thread to your great Public Eye thread i.e. Extras in "Callan"
    Your wish is (very nearly) granted, philly - one year later. I bought it for exactly �6 in Network's current sale and am
    already making progress with extras I've tried so hard/waited so long to identify - with a little help from Movie Dude:

Bill Riley in Callan & The Six Wives of Henry VIII

Summoned to Appear|Catherine Howard (both 1970)

Unnamed Extra 67 might be 'Smart woman' Dolly Brennan:

Billion Dollar Brain (1967) and Suddenly at Home (1970)

I'll post more identifications elsewhere (e.g. Colin Cunningham with Mr. and Mrs. Lewis) before hopefully starting the thread on Monday.

Liked
    0 times
    It's always a pleasure Cornershop, to post your images. Between you and Gerald (et al) I could spend a long time collecting them, there are so many good ones. I think you are right about Dolly Brennan. It's always good to add the more obscure actors. I've now given her a page. I look forward to seeing your new thread's. They will add very nicely to the list.

And congratulations on your 'Extras in Public Eye' thread. It's always interesting to read about relatively unknown actors.

Liked
    177 times
    Thanks, Movie Dude. Give me another couple of days with the Callan thread (hundreds of screencaps to edit). I've decided to start with a gallery of less familiar faces and recent identifications who will later have entire posts devoted to them - which is exactly how I did it at 'Extras in Public Eye'.

In the meantime, you might like to add these to your list of Unknown Males:

The vicar was originally a subject at Can anyone identify these actors from The Dustbinmen? Original poster Simon Coward agreed that the third image, from The Main Chance, is of the same man. I later regretted posting the full version of the first picture, from Hadleigh, here accompanied by an alternative shot. Clearly a different actor. He looks a bit like John Candy, I think.

To add to the confusion, the man on the right may just be a lookalike of No. 1 (and 2):

With the regularly-sighted George Ballantine, of course. These are cropped from two
    different shots in The Mind of Mr. J. G. Reeder episode The Stealer of Marble (1969)

I should have a name for the big-eared bloke soon. He turned up again when I was scanning one
    of the Callan discs and is therefore named in the book that contains those all-important cast lists.
    Last edited by cornershop15; 22-04-16 at 01:32 PM.

Liked
    0 times
    OK Thanks Cornershop. I've added him as Unknown Male 19.

Not sure you should regret anything. 1 & 2 look very much like 3 (& 4) to me. Plus to add a little more confusion, the big-eared bloke looks nothing like 1 - 4 to me. But your eyes are better than mine so I'll take your word for it.

Liked
    177 times
    The new Unknown Male #19! Thanks. You're more positive than me about the first two images. My feeling is that they are of a younger man - early 50s, as opposed to late 50s for 3 and 4?

I am 'losing the plot' with the vicar/lookalike(s), Movie Dude. I even thought this might
    be him during normal viewing of another Hadleigh episode - Absolutely Feudal (1971):

Now I think the pub customer is my Pub-lic Eye subject George Day.

Do you recognise the actress who plays the barmaid in that scene?:

It's Irlin Hall - who I identified as one of your Private's Progress extras.

For the record ... The Main Chance episode featuring Unknown Male #19 is Vision of the Future. And The
    Dustbinmen
    image is Simon's not mine. I hope to get back to you very soon with a name for 'Mr. Big Ears'.

Liked
    0 times
    On closer inspection I think you are right Cornershop. Their noses certainly look different.

I seem to have heard of George Day (the name rings a bell) but I don't have any images to compare to your's. Though he does look very familiar.

Nice image of Irlin Hall. I did recognise her (but as usual, forgot her name). I'll add her soon.

Thanks for the episode titles, It helps me to get the date acurate. But I cant find the Dustbinmen episode 'Simon's not mine' on IMDb. Is it from season 3 perhaps?.

Additional...........

You'll have to help me here Cornershop. I can't quite work out which episode Irlin Hall appeared in!!!!!!
    Last edited by Movie Dude; 23-04-16 at 04:28 PM.

Liked
    177 times
    Movie Dude, I meant Simon Coward's image of the comedy vicar! Alas, he didn't reveal the name of The Dustbinmen episode (which I have somewhere on DVD). Irlin Hall is in the same scene as George Day in that Hadleigh episode, Absolutely Feudal. Will this comparison do?:

The Morecambe and Wise Xmas Show (1970) and Hadleigh (1971)

You can find more pictures of him on the first page of 'Extras in Public Eye'.

Added bonus:

Unnamed Extra #1 in Going Straight - Going Off the Rails is Rodney Cardiff:

Liked
    0 times
    Ah Yes. I see what you mean now. They certainly do resemble each other but it looks like twenty years difference between them.

And how on earth did I miss Rodney Cardiff?

Thanks Cornershop.

Liked
    177 times
    Always pleased to help, Movie Dude. I'm still working on that gallery as my introduction to the Callan thread. Two of your Unnamed Extras should be Winnie Holman and Peter Roy, who is credited as 'Peter Rory' in the book. What do you think of these comparisons?:

The Little Bits and Pieces of Love | Curry and Chips (1969)

The Little Bits and Pieces of Love | Carry On Behind (1975)
    Last edited by cornershop15; 27-04-16 at 12:07 AM.