Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You the Jury

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Jack Armstrong and Jack Arrow, of course, but is that the real Tommy Winward in the blue-gray suit in front?

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Looks like it to me; it sure ain't Ron Gregory!

Liked
    0 times
    According to Roger, that man is John Mincer. Also John Smart is sitting next to Jack Armstrong.

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    The jury in 'Never Take Sweets from a Stranger' (1960)

All I know for sure is that No. 1 is foreman John Bloomfield and #11 Unknown Male 21:

Is 2 Richard Gregory? No. 8 looks like Unknown Male 37 ("The Old Codger") and I'm just as hopeful #10 Tony Mendleson.

Liked
    182 times
    No. 2 isn't Richard Gregory, nor 8 the Old Codger, but I'd agree 10 is Tony Mendleson. Is 12 Paul Phillips ? The hair looks too grey though.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    ........and number 8 is Unknown Male 63.

Liked
    177 times
    I think you meant #7 Movie Dude, having looked at your gallery (best match below). If you can enlarge #8, we might agree it is "The Old Codger"!

As a Juror in The Boys (1962)

The jury in 'O Lucky Man' (filmed in 1972)

I don't think George Holdcroft and Lola Morice had been identified when I posted this at Sighted on 15th December 2012:

I've seen the redhead somewhere else. Isn't the man with the blue tie an even older Unknown Male 25?:

Very Important Person (1961) and A Shot in the Dark (1964)

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Absolutely right Cornershop. I did mean #7 and it is 'The Old Codger'.

Also, is that Harold Coyne's eyes we can see directly above George Holdcroft?
    Last edited by Movie Dude; 17-01-15 at 05:53 AM.

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cornershop15 View Post

All I know for sure is that No. 1 is foreman John Bloomfield and #11 Unknown Male 21:

Is 2 Richard Gregory? No. 8 looks like Unknown Male 37 ("The Old Codger") and I'm just as hopeful #10 Tony Mendleson.
    No. 11 we now know is Ernest Blythe.

Quote Originally Posted by Movie Dude View Post

Also, is that Harold Coyne's eyes we can see directly above George Holdcroft?
    They are and it is!

Liked
    0 times
    This is probably me being dumb again, but. . .

Could the foreman of this jury be a thinner 27 year old Jim Tyson, in Dead Men Are Dangerous (1939)?

Liked
    182 times
    M'Lord: Jim Tyson: not guilty!

Liked
    0 times
    <Sigh> was worth a shot.

Liked
    177 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post

[at 'Who are these people?', 13th September 2010]

The first lady at the back (short blonde hair) in Rumpole and the Man of God (1979) is Maureen Nelson.

Identifying lesser-known members of the jury in the 'Callan' episode Summoned to Appear (1970)

Ricky Lansing (4) and Fred Davies (6) are the most familiar faces (apart from solicitor Edward Burnham):

The uncredited cast in Andrew Pixley's book includes Mario Zoppollini, who is credited as Zoppellini in the
    extras list for Public Eye - The Man Who Said Sorry (1972). He must be the dark-haired man with Walter
    Goodman in the poor quality photo below as Juror #1 is the best match. Underneath are comparison shots
    of No. 3, Bill Riley, who I identified from Movie Dude's gallery for The Six Wives of Henry VIII - Catherine
    Howard
    (1970). The main picture is from Public Eye - The Fatted Calf (1975). David Pike and Mr. Lansing
    are among the extras in this episode AND Summoned to Appear and it would seem they are reunited here:

Despite being mostly obscured by Ricky in Callan, I think there is enough of a resemblance to the young man protesting with him (and mystery female extra) outside a factory to confirm he's Juror #5. That should leave 2 and 7 as the only unidentified extras. My guess is that the former is Chris Archilles, a Waiter in an episode of The Organisation and Mexican Bandit in a Doctor Who serial. I can imagine him as both!

Unless it's Paul Freemont, #7 might be Willy Bowman, best known as one of the offended
    Germans in Fawlty Towers. In a later shot, the extra is seen talking to Edward Burnham:

With Peter Kodak as the Constable?
    Last edited by cornershop15; 10-05-16 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Added last picture.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cornershop15 View Post

No 2 in this cap I think has a Gallic look, I have spotted him quite a few times in 60/61 films, I call him the Eugene Deckers lookalike.

Liked
    0 times
    I think #7 is one of Movie Dude's unknowns, but I can't remember which one. 10 is Tony Mendleson and 11 is Ernest Blythe

Liked
    0 times
    #7 is Unknown Male 63, I think. Funny, I call #2 the Eugene Deckers lookalike, too! He plays a waiter in The Man Who Could Cheat Death, and a croupier in an early Danger Man as well. #5 with the fantastic tie pops up in a lot of late 50s/early 60s stuff as well, usually as scientists, but don't think he's distinctive enough to really pop out at you.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    Dave I often remember unidentified extras as lookalikes, what a coincidence with Eugene Deckers, he is a lover in the cafe scene in The Rebel too. I have Bill Fraser, Don Ameche and Edward Evans lookalikes too, I think the latter is one of your unknown males at Aveleyman. No 5 in the jury I sometimes mistake for Pat Hagen in longshots.
    Last edited by philly; 15-05-16 at 11:31 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12