Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Would love to have some episodes of this pop show from the late 70s early 80s ,i dont suppose that any will ever get released ,it was one of muriel youngs creations ,roy north and linda fletcher presented the show ,they also sang requests of pop hits ,the show usually had 3 or 4 bands or singers ,there was a resident dance troupe choreographed by teri scoble ,and resident house band ,the later two series featured lift offs ollie beak ,im just wondering if anyone by any chance taped any of this show,and have still got the info on what the dancers performed to ,many thanks

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    TVTimes listing, 20th April 1977

Good luck, Jez. A preview for the third episode of Series 1, along with a few other elusive shows you may remember:

Derek Batey died only a few days ago, sadly. No mention of Teri Scoble but I can offer a good guess of what the songs were.

Clifford T. Ward's Up in the World was released as a single the previous month, having recently been covered by Cliff Richard.

And there is absolutely no doubt that Lynsey de Paul and Mike Moran would have performed their Eurovision song Rock Bottom.

As for Alvin Stardust's tune, could it have been his version of Bruce Springsteen's Growing Up?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4365hM_q4k

Didn't Chart. His next hit wasn't until four years later, with Nat 'King' Cole's Pretend.

Liked
    0 times
    Thank you so much cornershop for your excellent research on get it together pop show ,i think there are only 3 episodes that are officially missing ,from the archives ,and this is one of the 3 ,so its good to see exactly who was on the show that day ,as you say the lynsey de paul and mike moran song would have definitley been ,the eurovision song of that year,rock bottom .im pretty sure teri scoble and her dancers didnt feature at all in the first 2 series of the programme ,and i know you are very busy and in demand cornershop,but sometime when you have a spare 5 mins ,would it be possible for you to check the series that began around september 1978 ,just to have a quick glance through the episodes ,to see if the teri scoble dancers are credited at all throughout any of that series ,theres no listings on bfi etc for them ,i can definitley remember watching hickory house that is listed above ,it was on tv when i used to come home for lunch,when i was still at school ,the memories come flooding back when i see these old tv times listings ,many thanks once again,much appreciated.

Liked
    177 times
    Hello again Jez,

I didn't know there are missing episodes of Get It Together. That's terrible. By this time, the BBC decided to preserve all the Top of the Pops editions - about 13 years too late - so to find the other side was still getting rid of programmes is an unhappy surprise. I recently had confirmation from Kaleidoscope's (and Britmovie's) Simon Coward that the first part of Murder at the Wedding is apparently gone forever. That was a mini-series from 1979. As practically everything else from this period survives, I wonder if the tapes were misfiled - or mislaid - rather than wiped?

I've looked at the available details for Series 3 and there is again no reference to the Teri Scoble Dancers. Their first appearance
    was probably the Series 4 opener, broadcast 10th April 1979, when they were billed as the TSD's. Here is the TVTimes preview:

Last edited by cornershop15; 27-02-13 at 05:56 PM.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks, cornershop15, your postings of old TV Times listings are a joy to read again.

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks once again cornershop ,for researching the info of get it together ,and for posting the pic as well ,yes apparantley the first 2 episodes from the second series that started in late december 77 are missing ,as well as the one you have posted details on ,it looks like the only work teri scoble did for granada tv in 1978,were 7 paul nicholas shows and a pop show called breakers ,which ran for 6 weeks,thanks once again for your input cornershop

Liked
    0 times
    i totally agree crunchie ,the tv times listings are a real treat and joy to read ,i only wish id kept some of my old copies of the magazine ,it would have given me much pleasure to read the tv listings again

Liked
    177 times
    Good morning Jez, and crunchie. Thanks to a recent post from Popscene's davetaylor (24th Feb), I've discovered that a Get It Together page has been added to Nostalgic Music TV's website, along with Look Alive, Shang-A-Lang and a few others. I didn't know about this! A lot has happened since I last visited there. I'm sure there weren't any updates for more than a year at one stage. Here is the link:

It turns out I was right about the Alvin Stardust record, and less surprisingly Rock Bottom, but they have some additional information for the 20th April 1977 show. Not listed in the TVTimes is the appearance of John Christie, who sang Little Darlin' (a cover of The Diamonds' classic?).

The big news, as far as you're concerned, is that a number of TSD routines are listed, but only for Series 6:

Episode 1 (23rd September 1980): Midnight Dynamos - Matchbox; 2 (30th September): Oh Yeah - Roxy Music; 3 (7th October): Hard Hat Boogie - Andy Fairweather Low; 4 (14th October): You're the One - Rocky Sharpe and the Replays; 5 (21st October): Just Gotta Be You - Prima Donna; 6 (28th October): "TSD's dance to Modern Romance" (probably the group's song Modern Romance); 7 (4th November): Jubilation - Jeff Wayne; 8 (11th November): 634 - 5789 - Ry Cooder; 9 (18th November): Wild West Show - After the Fire.

No details of any dance routines for the last 5 episodes of that season.
    Britmovie fans will know Teri Scoble best from Village of the Damned:

Left to right: Martin Stephens, June Cowell, Teri and Leslie Scoble.

Teri has her own website. She mentions attending the Fantastic Films festival last year. Also there were Derren Nesbitt and Derek Fowlds - ex-husband of ex-Beat Girl Lesley Judd! Best wishes to all of them. I watched the twins' episodes of Timeslip just a couple of months ago.

Banned Country: UK
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jez65 View Post
    Would love to have some episodes of this pop show from the late 70s early 80s ,i dont suppose that any will ever get released ,it was one of muriel youngs creations ,roy north and linda fletcher presented the show ,they also sang requests of pop hits ,the show usually had 3 or 4 bands or singers ,there was a resident dance troupe choreographed by teri scoble ,and resident house band ,the later two series featured lift offs ollie beak ,im just wondering if anyone by any chance taped any of this show,and have still got the info on what the dancers performed to ,many thanks
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n9tx72gxX0

There are music clips on YouTube,Showaddywaddy performing When from 1977

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfFNKEkyNPw

Strangeways performing 'Wasting Time' 1978.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcFQjVKhaGg

U2 performing 'I Will Follow' from 1980 ? bad quality but still good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztYTXd5dkJA

Teri Scoble Dancers, dance to Resurrection Shuffle Get it Together 1978

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzwMMSTKun4
    Last edited by Amethyst_Isle; 01-03-13 at 01:51 PM.

Liked
    0 times
    Excellent research cornershop once again ,much appreciated ,also thanks to amethyste isle for the you tube links,now if only itv would put out a dvd of some of those full editions of get it together,many thanks once again

Banned Country: UK
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jez65 View Post
    Excellent research cornershop once again ,much appreciated ,also thanks to amethyste isle for the you tube links,now if only itv would put out a dvd of some of those full editions of get it together,many thanks once again
    Your welcome.

As to a dvd coming out,slim chance as it most likely would be down to royalties problems with those bands and singers.