Member Country: Wales
    Liked
    0 times
    I only joined yesterday, so I am not aware if bumping an old thread is acceptable here. Some forums don't like old threads being dredged up from the depths of the forum. Is there a limit where it's better to just start a new thread?
    Last edited by The Major; 04-03-13 at 04:22 PM.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Quote Originally Posted by The Major View Post
    I only joined yesterday, so I am not aware if bumping an old thread is acceptable here. Some forums don't like old threads being dredged up from the depths of the forum. Is there a limit where it's better to just start a new thread?
    Not really. If there's something of interest or relevance in the messages in the old thread, then bump it. If it's just another thread about the same subject but not really connected to anything in the old thread, and the old one is quite old (more than a year old), then start a new one

Thanks for asking

Steve

Senior Member Country: UK Moor Larkin's Avatar
    Liked
    120 times
    One of my favourite things about new members is when they search the forum and add their two-pennorth to an old thread and breathe into it, a little new life.

One of my least favourite things is when new members start new Threads when we already have about a dozen good-quality threads saying the same thing before - perhaps more than once....

One the other hand, I always think new members should feel free to do anything they damn well like, so long as it's decent, legal and reasonably polite....

Senior Member Country: UK Windyridge's Avatar
    Liked
    52 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Moor Larkin View Post
    One of my least favourite things is when new members start new Threads when we already have about a dozen good-quality threads saying the same thing before - perhaps more than once....
    Yes but then we can gently point out their foolish, foolish ways and add the links for them to read.

Member Country: Wales
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Crook View Post
    Not really. If there's something of interest or relevance in the messages in the old thread, then bump it. If it's just another thread about the same subject but not really connected to anything in the old thread, and the old one is quite old (more than a year old), then start a new one

Thanks for asking

Steve
    Thanks for the reply. Being a mod on another forum, I know how annoying it can sometimes be when a newbie comes along and bumps a thread which should have been left to grow old. But each forum is different and I just wanted to know where this particular forum stands on bumping old threads, should I find one that I wanted to add to.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Quote Originally Posted by The Major View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Being a mod on another forum, I know how annoying it can sometimes be when a newbie comes along and bumps a thread which should have been left to grow old. But each forum is different and I just wanted to know where this particular forum stands on bumping old threads, should I find one that I wanted to add to.
    We have very few rules here and moderation is done with a very light touch - although some of the few people we've had to moderate might disagree with that

The main rules are just to remember that the forum is mainly about British film & TV shows and that civil behaviour is always the best method

The Forum Rules should be read & noted by everyone

Steve

Banned Country: UK
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Crook View Post
    We have very few rules here and moderation is done with a very light touch - although some of the few people we've had to moderate might disagree with that

Senior Member Country: UK Moor Larkin's Avatar
    Liked
    120 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst_Isle View Post

If I spray lemon juice on my screen will I discover the secret message?

Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Moor Larkin View Post
    If I spray lemon juice on my screen will I discover the secret message?
    No

Senior Member Country: Australia ShirlGirl's Avatar
    Liked
    199 times
    No, you have to iron it.

Liked
    6 times

Junior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    I thought for you to get the secret message, you had to wait at Hyde Park for a man called 'Boris' with a copy of 2 weeks ago's Radio times.
    Last edited by intrepid86; 09-04-13 at 05:40 PM.