Thread: Jack in a sewer

Senior Member Country: Great Britain john walter skinner's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Just enjoyed League of Gentlemen for the umpteenth time,but why was jack Hawkins' emerging from a drain during the prologue?

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Because that's how he appeared on the poster

and after they saw that they felt they had to include that in the film

Steve

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    In The Mummy (1959), Peter Cushing had the idea of shoving a harpoon through Christopher Lee's middle to give credence to the main part of the poster (prepared before the film was shot) which showed light beaming through the mummy's midriff:

Senior Member Country: Great Britain john walter skinner's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    hoped you'd contribute here Gerald! imdb are quite shy of supporting credits for LEAGUE OF GENTLEMEN so I guess our gang will have a field day here,though I couldn't spot many personally; soldier in army camp JOHN BRESLIN?? Who was the girl with Dickie Attenborough in the sports car? Although he denies it in interviews I think Christopher Lee was doubled frequently in THE MUMMY,he seems more robust in some sections; saw it originally in a local fleapit in 1964 in a double bill with DRACULA,those were the days...

Senior Member Country: England cassidy's Avatar
    Liked
    94 times
    They actually used a dummy of the Mummy for the scenes where the Mummy is shot in the water, but Eddie Powell is the Mummy that Peter Cushing shoots with his shotgun.
    Quote Originally Posted by john walter skinner View Post
    hoped you'd contribute here Gerald! imdb are quite shy of supporting credits for LEAGUE OF GENTLEMEN so I guess our gang will have a field day here,though I couldn't spot many personally; soldier in army camp JOHN BRESLIN?? Who was the girl with Dickie Attenborough in the sports car? Although he denies it in interviews I think Christopher Lee was doubled frequently in THE MUMMY,he seems more robust in some sections; saw it originally in a local fleapit in 1964 in a double bill with DRACULA,those were the days...

Super Moderator Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    86 times
    Colonel Hyde was presumably carrying out a detailed reconnaissance prior to the live raid on the bank.

Nick

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by john walter skinner View Post
    Apart from the well-known Oliver Reed appearance, there's the likes of Dinsdale Landen, Gerry Judge, Nigel Green, Ronald Leigh-Hunt and Michael Dempsey in the film.