Senior Member Country: UK Brief Encounter's Avatar
    Liked
    10 times
    My DVD recorder didn't work on Saturday - does anyone have the Ingrid Bergman episode? PM me if you can help please. I have the rest of the series.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    It looks like this was a regional variation, as many are on BBC2. It wasn't shown across the whole country - In the South East we got a repeat of the TV version of "Just a Minute"

Which region are you in?

Steve

Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Crook View Post
    It looks like this was a regional variation, as many are on BBC2. It wasn't shown across the whole country - In the South East we got a repeat of the TV version of "Just a Minute"

Which region are you in?

Steve
    That's interesting - I'm in the South East! But the BBC website lists "Just a Minute" an hour earlier, and I can't see any regional variation, unless the transmitted schedule differed to what was listed:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctwo/programm...and/2013/04/27

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brief Encounter View Post
    That's interesting - I'm in the South East! But the BBC website lists "Just a Minute" an hour earlier, and I can't see any regional variation, unless the transmitted schedule differed to what was listed:
    Ah, I was just going by the listing in Radio Times. So what did they actually broadcast?

Steve

Liked
    10 times
    I don't know - the Timer Recording list seems to have cleared on my machine, but it would have been set to record that particular programme. So if it didn't air, it wouldn't have recorded it.

But it is on BBC iPlayer, so it does appear to have been broadcast. Very frustrating, as all the others recorded with no problems

Liked
    67 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brief Encounter View Post
    My DVD recorder didn't work on Saturday - does anyone have the Ingrid Bergman episode? PM me if you can help please. I have the rest of the series.
    Hi Theo, I did PM you, but as I haven't heard from you I assume that you have managed to get a copy.

Liked
    67 times
    I am really annoyed with the way that the BBC have mucked about with this series. After what seems like months they showed another star profile today, and it was James Mason.

It was so squeezed into the Radio Times morning schedule that I never even noticed it, consequently when I switched on my TV I caught the last ten minutes of what seemed a fascinating programme.

Senior Member Country: England phil's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    I am really annoyed with the way that the BBC have mucked about with this series. After what seems like months they showed another star profile today, and it was James Mason.

It was so squeezed into the Radio Times morning schedule that I never even noticed it, consequently when I switched on my TV I caught the last ten minutes of what seemed a fascinating programme.

I agree, I've missed a few of them too, they seem to just bung one in when there's a gap.

Super Moderator Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    86 times
    But only ever on a Saturday. Odd. Fortunately I've left the programming in place on my recorder and it picks these up when they are shown.

Nick

Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Dando View Post
    But only ever on a Saturday. Odd. Fortunately I've left the programming in place on my recorder and it picks these up when they are shown.

Nick
    Not quite, I believe they did Lauren Bacall/Orson Welles on Friday and Monday of the Bank Holiday.

But yes, it is really strange how they've shown this great series with such little fanfare, and tucked away in a spot where no-one but eagle-eyed TV guide readers will spot it. Surely it belongs on BBC4, where film buffs will take notice?

Ray, James Mason recorded for me today (good thing I re-programmed my DVD-R machine as it had emptied the Timer slots again!). If you want a copy, please feel free to contact me and I'll send it off to you.

Senior Member Country: England billy farmer's Avatar
    Liked
    308 times
    I am also interested in obtaining copys of episodes of the series Talking Pictures.

Senior Member Country: England billy farmer's Avatar
    Liked
    308 times
    Quote Originally Posted by billy farmer View Post
    I am also interested in obtaining copys of episodes of the series Talking Pictures.
    Thanks to a kind Brit Movie Member, i have now got copys of the following episodes of the series Talking Pictures.
    1 James Stewart
    2 David Niven
    3 John Wayne
    4 Dirk Bogarde
    I am still interested in obtaining copys of other episodes of the series Talking Pictures, i watched the James Mason episode of Talking Pictures on BBC iPlayer last night, a very good episode featuring some interesting footage.

Liked
    10 times
    I have all the episodes so far. PM me if you need any. Ray, I'll email you!