Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    1 times
    I remember seeing many of the CFF on the Saturday matinees etc; and one of them which always stuck in my mind was The Glitterball which was about some sort of mysterious er......ball, which came from outer space or something and it moved around with the gang of kids. I have checked a few sites for this film but all that ever comes up is what I think is a remake of it in 1977, but I definetely saw this as a b/w version in the 50s. But this version is not coming up on any of the lists.I wondered why this is and is the original b/w version available on DVD or anything ?

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sladdin View Post
    I remember seeing many of the CFF on the Saturday matinees etc; and one of them which always stuck in my mind was The Glitterball which was about some sort of mysterious er......ball, which came from outer space or something and it moved around with the gang of kids. I have checked a few sites for this film but all that ever comes up is what I think is a remake of it in 1977, but I definetely saw this as a b/w version in the 50s. But this version is not coming up on any of the lists.I wondered why this is and is the original b/w version available on DVD or anything ?
    The Glitterball was only made in 1977. They didn't start getting into SF stories until the 1970s. Are you confusing it with another CFF title?

There's an extensive list of CFF titles at TV Cream but WARNING: only go there if you have good anti-virus protection. It tries to attack you using the Red Exploit Kit Redirect

Steve

Liked
    1 times
    Nope, I definetely saw a CFF in the 50s about a ball that kept following this gang of kids about, I am sure I saw it a couple of times and it was in b/w, also I never saw it on TV.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Maybe the Glitterball can time travel

Steve

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    12 times
    Probably 'One Wish Too Many' a (B/W) CFF Film about a magic marble that gives kids wishes. A terrific CFF movie Directed by a good friend John Durst.
    Film Man.

Liked
    1 times
    Ah thanks for that sorry for my late reply too. It could well be , One Wish too Many ? I definetely remember seeing this about a ball following the kids about, but yes it was most likely a marble. I never saw the Glitterball so I was maybe confusing this film because I saw the title in the lists some time back. Also it sounded like the same sort of story. I think that most likely sorts the mystery out...for me.Now I'd love to see a copy of that film if possible, .....

Member Country: England KAR120C's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Glitterball was made in 1977. At the time I was working at the old and long demolished Woolco store in Hatfield where some scenes were filmed. Some scenes also filmed to the rear of the Boots store which is still there.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sladdin View Post
    Ah thanks for that sorry for my late reply too. It could well be , One Wish too Many ? I definetely remember seeing this about a ball following the kids about, but yes it was most likely a marble. I never saw the Glitterball so I was maybe confusing this film because I saw the title in the lists some time back. Also it sounded like the same sort of story. I think that most likely sorts the mystery out...for me.Now I'd love to see a copy of that film if possible, .....
    Send me a pm 'sladdin' I can do a copy off a 16mm print.
    Film Man.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KAR120C View Post
    Glitterball was made in 1977. At the time I was working at the old and long demolished Woolco store in Hatfield where some scenes were filmed. Some scenes also filmed to the rear of the Boots store which is still there.
    Ah, that answers a long-asked question then!! I often wondered which far-flung corner of the Home Counties this was shot in. I presume Hatfield was chosen because of its proximity to Elstree and Leavesden studios.