Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Can't remember much of this film as I saw it when I was young. In the last scene I remember clearly someone believes they have escaped on a train but an evil demon appear above the track and causes it to crash. I think it's something to do with the occult and a lord of the manor controls the demon to destroy his enemies.

Senior Member Country: England cassidy's Avatar
    Liked
    94 times
    Are you getting confused with the ending of Night of The Demon. Sounds very similar but the train doesn't actually crash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Wolsey View Post
    Can't remember much of this film as I saw it when I was young. In the last scene I remember clearly someone believes they have escaped on a train but an evil demon appear above the track and causes it to crash. I think it's something to do with the occult and a lord of the manor controls the demon to destroy his enemies.
    Last edited by cassidy; 19-11-13 at 02:23 PM.

Senior Member Country: United States will.15's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    It does sound like it is probably Night of the Demons. The scene in question, it is not hard to think a distant memory might think the train crashed.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    9 times
    Its now available on region 2 DVD - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Night-Demon-...ds=night+demon - to refresh the memory. A classic film, especially considering its budget, the demands of the US producers to come up with an actual demon on screen, and the fact that Dana Andrews was drinking far too much.
    The book about the making of the film, 'Beating the Devil' is an interesting read http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beating-Devi...emon+making+of, although now extremely difficult (and expensive) to get hold of.

Liked
    94 times
    Saw it in a double bill with 20 Million Miles to Earth, not bad value back in those days for 18p in todays money !!

Senior Member Country: UK Paul Waines's Avatar
    Liked
    29 times
    It's a great film, It's in my watch once a year or more pile. Jollygood book also, I can recommend that too. I was lucky enough to pick it up early on, as Mike says it's a bit expensive now, but still worth getting if your a fan of the film.

I'm still looking for the poster if anyone has one...

Senior Member Country: Wales
    Liked
    55 times

Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks, I looked it up on you tube just now and it is the film I remembered. Scared the living daylights out of me as a boy.

Senior Member Country: Ireland Edward G's Avatar
    Liked
    107 times
    Same here, clearly remember getting the frighteners from this movie as a youngster, watching the demon appearing ever closer along the railway tracks.
    Very mild by modern standards but in it's time it was like nothing I had ever seen and the memory of seeing the film (and that sequence) stayed with me ever since!

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Wolsey View Post
    Thanks, I looked it up on you tube just now and it is the film I remembered. Scared the living daylights out of me as a boy.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Waines View Post
    It's a great film, It's in my watch once a year or more pile. Jollygood book also, I can recommend that too. I was lucky enough to pick it up early on, as Mike says it's a bit expensive now, but still worth getting if your a fan of the film.

I'm still looking for the poster if anyone has one...
    John Reids Australian poster site has one for sale. You'll need a stiff gin and tonic when you see his prices-for all his items on there!
    http://www.moviemem.com/products/sci...daybill-poster

Senior Member Country: Ireland Edward G's Avatar
    Liked
    107 times
    $275 ?
    That's more terrifying than the Demon!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick C View Post
    John Reids Australian poster site has one for sale. You'll need a stiff gin and tonic when you see his prices-for all his items on there!
    http://www.moviemem.com/products/sci...daybill-poster

Senior Member Country: UK Paul Waines's Avatar
    Liked
    29 times
    Thanks Rick, Johns prices are high, but I am after the British Quad poster, for which you can add a 0+ to that price…. Yikes..

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    9 times
    Thanks Rick, Johns prices are high, but I am after the British Quad poster, for which you can add a 0+ to that price…. Yikes..
    Every so often I see how much any original poster of the film is going for, and then need a drink...

If you are looking for an original film poster, do a Google search, and then look at the US Ebay site - far more choice, and you can look at both US and 'foreign' buyers (watch out for the postage though). There is also the auction site eMoviePoster.com http://www.emovieposter.com/, which I will use when I have the money!

Liked
    94 times
    20 Million Miles to Earth is on Channel 4 today (Friday) at 12.30pm and 1 hour later on plus. A Ray Harryhausen monster invades Rome .
    Quote Originally Posted by cassidy View Post
    Saw it in a double bill with 20 Million Miles to Earth, not bad value back in those days for 18p in todays money !!