Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    yea exactly Steve hence why I haven't gave them my card details as I thought my email address and a password was more than enough

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    A brief clip from this series was shown earlier on ITV's You Saw Them Here First (which is doing better than my 'Where Were They Then?' thread). I think the emphasis was on child actor Nick Pickard. It's just about to be repeated on ITV +1.

There were brief glimpses of some of my all-time favourite actors in this - Gary Watson, Patricia Haines and Anthony Valentine can all be spotted in scenes involving programme subjects Brian Blessed, Linda Robson and Lesley Joseph.

Liked
    0 times
    oh what completely missed that just seen your post,do you have a copy of this programme?

Liked
    177 times
    You're in luck. Here is the direct link to the ITV Player's page for the episode:

Episode 1 | You Saw Them Here First - ITV Player - ITV.com

It's somewhere in Part 3. I remember one episode (it may have been the first, or the pilot) was
    repeated within a week at a later time. Keep an eye on their forthcoming programme schedules.

Liked
    0 times
    thanks for the link,where you from?when was last time you saw Erasmus Microman?

Liked
    177 times
    I'd never heard of this series before you asked about it a few months ago, but was reminded of the title when the caption came up during the aforementioned programme. I mainly remember Ken Campbell from Poor Cow and Fawlty Towers.

Liked
    0 times
    really liked that series as a kid,what are your other fav TV shows from the 70's,80's+90's?

Liked
    177 times
    None from the 1980s and 90s, which is after my time (I am enjoying Travelling Man though). As for the '70s, Public Eye is top of a long list.

I've come across a few articles relating to Erasmus Microman and will post one at the other thread in a moment, with the rest in PMs.

Wasn't there a cricketer, or rugby player named Erasmus?

Liked
    0 times
    after your time?how old r u then?I was born in 81 but do remember things from the 60's etc due to repeats on TV over the years so can name some.where in UK you from?

Liked
    0 times
    you said none then said bout the travelling man lol,surely you liked some TV stuff from them decades

Liked
    177 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekaraoke View Post
    you said none then said bout the travelling man lol,surely you liked some TV stuff from them decades

Well obviously I've written about them at other threads. Have you read the article I posted at the other Erasmus Microman thread yet?

Liked
    0 times
    yea just read it,was an interesting read :],where did you find that?where in UK you from

Senior Member Country: England billy farmer's Avatar
    Liked
    308 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cornershop15 View Post
    You're in luck. Here is the direct link to the ITV Player's page for the episode:

Episode 1 | You Saw Them Here First - ITV Player - ITV.com

It's somewhere in Part 3. I remember one episode (it may have been the first, or the pilot) was
    repeated within a week at a later time. Keep an eye on their forthcoming programme schedules.
    I watched the above programme this afternoon, very interesting, a lot of interesting clips, there were clips from some of my favourite TV programmes - Coronation Street, Z Cars, Dick Turpin and Minder, the very short clip from Erasmus Microman, was interesting to see, i had never heard of Erasmus Microman, until two months ago.

Liked
    177 times
    Like I said, me neither. Do you have any TVTimes coverage, billy? My discs go up to 1980.

I was right about Nick Pickard being the subject. He and the girl who played his sister, Thea Redmond, were only in the first series. Another familiar face I spotted in You Saw Them Here First (which is ruined by that smug narration) was Gerald Flood, in a clip from Village Hall with Sue Nicholls. A pity these long-established stars don't give the forgotten ones a mention. Also off topic ...

thanks for the link,where you from?
    where did you find that?where in UK you from
    Why do you keep asking me this?! That's three times altogether. Somewhere in London, if that makes you feel better.

On a serious note, is there anyone here who remembers the controversial decision to replace disabled actor Nabil Shaban with Ken Campbell? Contemporary articles report that the producer considered him "too frightening".

Liked
    0 times
    glad you did like the link,hope episode 2 is on soon :]

Liked
    0 times
    I remember when Naomie Harris was in half of the 2nd series,been trying to find the whole intro of it for years since it got took off youtube 5 years ago :[
    cornershop15 the reason why I asked you 3 times was because the other 2 times before that you didn't answer lol
    Yea I remember that as Ken Campbell was being considered to be the next Doctor Who then the producer considered him "too frightening". so they went with Sylvester McCoy instead!will always wonder what if he did take the role

Senior Member Country: England billy farmer's Avatar
    Liked
    308 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cornershop15 View Post
    Like I said, me neither. Do you have any TVTimes coverage, billy? My discs go up to 1980.
    Cornershop, I have checked my TV Times discs, and I have got some TV Times issues from 1988 on a disc, some of the issues cover the period (March and April 1988), when the first series of Erasmus Microman, was shown on TV, I will see if there are any pictures/features (which I could scan) about Erasmus Microman.
    Last edited by billy farmer; 13-03-14 at 09:22 PM.

Liked
    0 times
    Billy now that I would really like to see that be awesome :]

Liked
    177 times
    Great news. I'm sure you'll find something good, billy.

Mike, you misunderstood me. I read that the producer found Nabil Shaban "too frightening". Actually, I have a vivid memory of him trying to upset a beauty queen when they happened to be on that show After Dark (long discussions well into the night, usually hosted by Tony Wilson). He was really offensive and effectively called her an 'airhead', having no personality and relying on her looks to get attention. In contrast, the young lady behaved impeccably.

As you can tell, I have little to offer this thread, except a few tenuous links, so will leave you both to it and wish Mike good luck with a DVD release.

I've subscribed to 811 Britmovie threads, with the intention of making further contributions. This isn't one of them!

Liked
    0 times
    Oh I see thought you mean't bout Doctor who as that happend to Ken Campbell,well your links helped and was interesting so if you find anymore please put on this board :]
    cornershop15 they[ITV] should release both series on DVD that would be great with special feat cast interviews+making of etc -could you put that thing you found+put on other thread on to this one?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast