Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Guy Standeven

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    I'm still working on Guy's 1970s credits, Stonefan. Scott Palmer's list is missing at least three of them: The Optimists of
    Nine Elms
    , which you pointed out, and those appearances in The 14 and Special Branch I posted earlier in the thread.

Hope to have the entire list plus by end of the week. In the meantime, here he is in A Dandy in Aspic (filmed in 1967):

2nd left, in dinner jacket. Norman Bird, centre (with hat/gun), and Pat Judge (3rd right) are in pursuit of a Russian spy.

I've found a clip of this scene on TCM's website:

Dandy In Aspic, A -- (Movie Clip) One Of Their Failures...

Banned Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cornershop15 View Post
    I'm still working on Guy's 1970s credits, Stonefan. Scott Palmer's list is missing at least three of them: The Optimists of
    Nine Elms
    , which you pointed out, and those appearances in The 14 and Special Branch I posted earlier in the thread.

Hope to have the entire list plus by end of the week. In the meantime, here he is in A Dandy in Aspic (filmed in 1967):

2nd left, in dinner jacket. Norman Bird, centre (with hat/gun), and Pat Judge (3rd right) are in pursuit of a Russian spy.

I've found a clip of this scene on TCM's website:

Dandy In Aspic, A -- (Movie Clip) One Of Their Failures...
    Thanks. He's also in The Omen, Omen 3 and Quest for Love. I will post the pictures tomorrow.

Liked
    7 times
    Hi There Cornershop. Any chance of the other half of the list? Much appreciated if you have it.

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    I decided it wasn't worth the trouble. Sorry.
    Last edited by cornershop15; 30-09-15 at 11:18 PM.

Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cornershop15 View Post
    I decided it wasn't worth the trouble. Sorry.
    Hey that's ok. I'm sure it's a lot of titles to type up. No worries.

Liked
    7 times
    Here's a grizzled, speaking and credited Guy in a 1971 short called Sound an Alarm by the, and I quote, 'The United Kingdom Warning and Monitoring Organization (UKWMO)' which was a 'British civilian organization operating between 1957 and 1992 to provide the authorities with data about nuclear explosions and forecasts of likely fallout profiles across the country in the event of war'

Picture1.jpg
    and his credit.
    Picture2.png

Liked
    7 times
    Do you think this is our Guy from this 1950/1951 production of Cinderella at The Pavilion Theatre in Norwich?

http://www.northwichguardian.co.uk/n...theatre_stage/

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    Well the caption says Guy Standeven and I can't imagine there is another actor with the same name.
    Unlike many other extras, Guy did have theatrical experience, he was a member of the White Rose Players rep company in Harrogate during the mid 1940's, not to far from his native Scarborough.
    I guess he was a juvenile lead prior to army call up.

Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigon Man View Post
    Well the caption says Guy Standeven and I can't imagine there is another actor with the same name.
    Unlike many other extras, Guy did have theatrical experience, he was a member of the White Rose Players rep company in Harrogate during the mid 1940's, not to far from his native Scarborough.
    I guess he was a juvenile lead prior to army call up.

Yeah, I think it's him. I also knew he had theatre experience just by googling his name which comes up with some theatre credits in the books section. It doesn't look like him but it's a pantomime so he's probably heavily made up and as you say it's not likely there was two Guy Standevens.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    There are a couple other Guy Standevens, but born in 1954 and 1994. Our Guy (whose first name was actually Marcus), was born in 1928, which fits the date. As Stonefan said, he's heavily made up, but I'm sure it's him. Nice find!

Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Screencap72 View Post
    There are a couple other Guy Standevens, but born in 1954 and 1994. Our Guy (whose first name was actually Marcus), was born in 1928, which fits the date. As Stonefan said, he's heavily made up, but I'm sure it's him. Nice find!
    Well what a coincidence! My first name is Marcus also.

Liked
    0 times
    Here's Guy as a troll in Series 2 of the children's TV show Knightmare (I think 1988):

He also was the voice of Granitas and Olgarth the Wall Monsters in Series 1 and 2 of this series.

Guy also appeared in the 1944-45 production Of "Murder Happens" and the 1945-46 production of "Payment Deferred" at the Grand Opera House in Harrowgate as part of the White Rose Players.

Liked
    7 times
    I've said this before but his career intrigues me. He must have never turned down any work and flitted between extra work and bit parts. He could act however. Is Richard Standeven, the TV director, his son? I wonder if was a contented chap. Happy with his career etc.

Liked
    7 times
    Picture1.png

Here's Guy in the 'classic' Morons From Outer Space from 1984. He speaks in this and I'm sure he's not dubbed. Uncredited though in a film that the late Colin Welland probably didn't have in mind when he said 'the British are coming'

Liked
    7 times
    Picture1.jpg

I'm fairly sure this is Guy in Jude from 1996 in what might have been one of his final roles. 22:06 minutes into the film on Youtube.

Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonefan View Post
    Picture1.jpg

I'm fairly sure this is Guy in Jude from 1996 in what might have been one of his final roles. 22:06 minutes into the film on Youtube.
    What do the other members think? I have blown up the picture but Im pretty sure it's a late Guy appearance.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    Yes that is Guy in my opinion Stonefan.

Liked
    0 times
    I agree, too.

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    So do I, Stonefan.

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    There's a sizeable talking and credited role as Air Traffic Controller (Williams) for Guy in The Hostage (1956):

Guy's voice is quite plummy and he gets studio scenes as well as one on location, plus pipe and telephone business to do. John Payne also gets to speak in this film, and apart from one scene where he's dubbed, his voice voice is remarkable fey and nasal. Maybe that's why he's credited as "John Pain"!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast