Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Guy Standeven

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Guy gets a line but no credit in the last scene of the last broadcast episode of RETURN OF THE SAINT called "The Diplomat's Daughter" (tx: 11.03.1979):

He looks suitably arresting as a detective inspector receiving info dump from Ian Ogilvy as he gets his long arm on Lynn Dalby.

Banned Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    Great picture. I'm bizarrely fascinated by Mr Standeven. I'm not sure why. I think his career was so eclectic. Endless extra work with these moments of more high profile speaking parts. If you google his name he did everything. Film, TV, theatre and radio. I just wonder if he was frustrated with his career or not.

Liked
    7 times
    Picture1.jpg

Here's Guy in Quest for Love (1971). There's an interesting bit in which Denholm Elliot addresses Guy (just in shot, we see his pipe) outside a lift and says (about Tom Bell) ' Hello Joe, nice to see you. Do you know Colin Trafford', Tom says hello but we don't hear a reply from Guy.
    On another note the website Den of Geek have done a piece about the characters in Knightmare today but alas Guy wasn't included. I have righted that wrong in the comments section however mentioning him and also providing a cheeky plug for this great website that is moderated so well by Mr Crook.
    Last edited by Stonefan; 19-04-16 at 10:13 AM.

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonefan View Post
    Picture1.jpg

Here's Guy in Quest for Love (1971). There's an interesting bit in which Denholm Elliot addresses Guy (just in shot, we see his pipe) outside a lift and says (about Tom Bell) ' Hello Joe, nice to see you. Do you know Colin Trafford', Tom says hello but we don't hear a reply from Guy.
    Stenson Falcke is to picture right of Guy.

Liked
    7 times
    Here's Guy in the awful Intimate Games (1976). He plays a Physiatrist and as I knew he was credited in this I thought he'd have some lines but he didn't. He just sits at a table, takes notes and smiles a bit.

Picture1.jpgPicture2.jpg

Liked
    7 times
    Here's Guy towards the end of his long career taking a bow for all his many performance's in film, theatre, television, radio and public information films. It's actually from Wilde (1997) and he's one of the 'cast' of Lady Windermere's Fan.

Picture1gs.jpg

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    A bow most well deserved, indeed!

Liked
    7 times
    Now a much younger, with plenty of dialogue, and (although not on IMDB ) a credited Guy in Mr Brown comes down the Hill. This is a real low budget ( you should see the studio hill scenes!) religious film from 1965 but it's well acted and Guy is good in his scenes as a detective.

My computer is playing up and won't upload the pictures for some reason but its on Vimeo if anyone wants to check it out.
    Last edited by Stonefan; 10-08-16 at 10:24 AM.

Liked
    7 times
    Todays viewing of Four Weddings and a Funeral (1994) found Guy in a caf� enjoying his pipe directly between Andie MacDowell and Hugh Grant as she told him a list of her sexual partners.

Liked
    7 times
    Picture1.jpg

Here's Guy in Four Weddings and a Funeral

Picture2.pngPicture3.pngPicture4.png

and in Mr Brown Comes Down the Hill

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Now a much younger, with plenty of dialogue, and (although not on IMDB ) a credited Guy in Mr Brown comes down the Hill. This is a real low budget ( you should see the studio hill scenes!) religious film from 1965 but it's well acted and Guy is good in his scenes as a detective
    If he's credited but isn't listed on the IMDb then you can and should add him

Steve

Liked
    7 times
    Howdy there Mr Steve

That's mighty good of you to take the time to reply to my lil ol post. I thank you kindly. I ain't gonna be able to do as you ask though as my com-pew- tor skills is no good. I ain't got the know how to do anything on the IMDB on account of me being real slow, you hear. My mama said I'd be no good at nuthing an she was right. Maybe a cud ask you or one of the other fellas on this real fine website to add Mr Standeven's credits for me. If that ain't to impertinent to ask that is.

Thanking you kindly

Chuck Stonefan

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Howdy there Mr Steve

That's mighty good of you to take the time to reply to my lil ol post. I thank you kindly. I ain't gonna be able to do as you ask though as my com-pew- tor skills is no good. I ain't got the know how to do anything on the IMDB on account of me being real slow, you hear. My mama said I'd be no good at nuthing an she was right. Maybe a cud ask you or one of the other fellas on this real fine website to add Mr Standeven's credits for me. If that ain't to impertinent to ask that is.

Thanking you kindly

Chuck Stonefan
    The trouble with asking anyone else to do it for you is that you're the one with the proof.

If anyone else was to do it without that proof then they'd be putting their reputation with the IMDb at risk. The IMDb places a lot of their decision as to whether they need to do their own research or just to reject the submission, on a person's reputation. It takes a long time to build a good reputation but it's easy to lose it

Steve

Liked
    7 times
    Ok. I'm off on holiday tomorrow for two weeks and when I return I will have a week until school starts back up so I will do it then. Unless someone else does. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    I'll submit them to Imdb for you Stonefan..

Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigon Man View Post
    I'll submit them to Imdb for you Stonefan..
    Thanks Tigon Man. Can you do Jude, Four Weddings and a Funeral and Wilde as well? All of those titles have pictures of Guy as proof of his appearances on this thread. Much appreciated.

Liked
    7 times
    Thanks Tigon Man. Can you do Jude, Four Weddings and a Funeral and Wilde as well? All of those titles have pictures of Guy as proof of his appearances on this thread. Much appreciated.
    Thanks a lot, nice thing to do. His IMDB page is looking good. Oh and Morons from Outer Space and The Hostage (Gerald spotted this credited appearance) pictures also on this thread.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    I've already added Wilde and submitted Mr Brown and Four Weddings.
    I thought about Jude, but not sure about Guy's role attribution.

Liked
    7 times
    In Jude he's 'man at town meeting' I'd say.

Liked
    7 times
    In Jude he's 'man at town meeting' I'd say.
    I've returned from my holiday which I'm sure you are all over the moon about! ( it was great thanks for asking, two weeks on a private peninsula in Scotland with the wife and son) and it's lovely to see all the IMDB credits for Guy. Thanks Tigon Man.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast