Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    I wonder if any of you can locate this short scene from the Danger Man episode, The Sisters, where Gerda Sandor is invited for questioning. It takes place in almost total darkness so I�ve gamma-corrected a sequence of images and put them all together as an animation.

The animation shows us opposing lanes of traffic beyond a separate road serving the properties on the left. Oncoming traffic seems much slower so perhaps we�re near a junction. There are trees beyond the parked cars.

Other daylight locations in this episode are around Kensington, and I�ve found several similar buildings with porches in the area, but usually with more than two steps, and without the service road.

I�ve added three stills to for more clarity.

Liked
    0 times
    I like the look of Westbourne Terrace, Paddington. The trouble is there are several points along the road that it could be and there's no clear view online. Perhaps a visit is in order.

Senior Member Country: England cassidy's Avatar
    Liked
    94 times
    I wondered about the Victoria area, lots of hotels around the St Georges Drive area or nearby.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlicerWanstead View Post
    I like the look of Westbourne Terrace, Paddington. The trouble is there are several points along the road that it could be and there's no clear view online. Perhaps a visit is in order.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain mariocki's Avatar
    Liked
    32 times
    Haven't got time to investigate further I'm afraid but Sussex Gardens W2 might be worth considering. Certainly has the service road leading to hotels with similar entrances and room for cars to park herringbone style as seen in the image.

Senior Member Country: UK SwingingLondon's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm seconding Sussex Gardens...where The Bluedaws Hotel is today. Not sure how to link googlemaps anymore since they changed things

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.51...UP2ShYQjBA!2e0

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    11 times
    I'm almost agreeing (!) but the glass pane above the front door is crescent shaped at the Bluedaws and rectangular in the clip, although it may have been remodeled.

Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tavistock View Post
    I'm almost agreeing (!) but the glass pane above the front door is crescent shaped at the Bluedaws and rectangular in the clip, although it may have been remodeled.
    I see what you mean. Scrap Bluedaws and move further to the left where there are other hotels...with rectangular glass panes above the door.

Liked
    1 times
    Except...they don't have the pillars. I now think your location may have been demolished and replaced by the '60s block of flats further to the left. What year was Danger Man, '50s?

Liked
    0 times
    This would have been filmed in 1960. It was the pillars that attracted me to Westbourne Terrace, I thought those in Sussex Gardens were too ornate. Looking again it seems that the pillars seem to fit in the area where the two streets meet.

I'm starting to think that it's either the Mitre House Hotel or Abbey Court Hotel in Sussex Gardens either side of Talbot Square. Both appear to have solid panels along the porches instead of rows of stone pillars, and shallow steps.

Thanks for looking.

Senior Member Country: New Zealand Anthony McKay's Avatar
    Liked
    6 times
    I agree. This looks a good match.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=tal...2,35.19,,1,1.4

Senior Member Country: Great Britain mariocki's Avatar
    Liked
    32 times
    In the very brief time I've had to look at this I was thinking that it was the block further back and the hotel in question being the one at 184 Sussex Gardens. That one has 2 steps as seen in the first still and the one at 182 (Mitre House) has 3 steps which I think you can just make out in the third one. Also, in the 2nd one there appears to be a gap in the building line opposite, above the roof of the car, which could be Sussex Place.