Thread: It! (1967)

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    After all those horror movie books as a child laced with pictures of this (as it turned out) very rare film, I've now finally watched it.

Blimey... what a load of rubbish! But great fun. Roddy McDowall's performance was wonderfully witty, and Jill Haworth was beautiful, all golden locks and good intentions. It played rather like a children's movie, especially with all the ludicruous plot twists, up until the woman getting set on fire which is all that would have made it anything but a kiddie yarn. Poor Roddy didnt even get a final scene too. Has anyone else seen this oddity? It was truly bizarre!

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    23 times
    Am struggling to find a British release for this picture amongst weekly release notes for my archive taken at the time in 1967. The only chance is that it was buried under another name here in the UK and furtively released as a 'supporting film' somewhere. Its a Warner-7 release so that narrows the hunt somewhat.

I have, however, tracked down the American poster on its release in the US on a website which often features obscure poster design alternatives or those of obscure theatrical releases.

http://www.impawards.com/1967/it.html

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Good work Rick! I suspect it did go under another title: the one I watched it under was Curse of the Golem.

On a seperate note, I was impressed by how good the film looked, it has that same look that Robbery (1967) and many others of that period have, presumably from being restored, though surprised that this has been done for a film that doesnt even have its own DVD release!

Senior Member Country: England duffy moon's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    I have seen it, regularly shown on TCM Europe last year, although TCM has now ceased transmitting in the NL....yes, it is crazy, pants and fadge, but enjoyable enough...Roddy is on top form as oddball weed who plots to kill using the Golem type statue to do his bidding, hand clasped over his eyes...peeking through his fingers in horror!

Senior Member Country: England cassidy's Avatar
    Liked
    94 times
    It wasn't released, it escaped !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick C View Post
    Am struggling to find a British release for this picture amongst weekly release notes for my archive taken at the time in 1967. The only chance is that it was buried under another name here in the UK and furtively released as a 'supporting film' somewhere. Its a Warner-7 release so that narrows the hunt somewhat.

I have, however, tracked down the American poster on its release in the US on a website which often features obscure poster design alternatives or those of obscure theatrical releases.

http://www.impawards.com/1967/it.html