Thread: scrooge 1951

Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    1 times
    my favorite actress kathleen harrison 1892 to 1995 its 20 years since she passed
    i have 61 of her 88 films on video and dvd and posters leters and signed pics and theatre progs
    and memerios of attending her funneral my question is i had made a new will
    and i have no one near intersted in them what do i do with them

Senior Member Country: England darrenburnfan's Avatar
    Liked
    98 times
    Well, I'm seriously considering donating all my vast collection of film stills; posters; film books and magazines and various 35mm cinema adverts and trailers to the Media Studies department of Staffordshire University, on the stipulation that the collection is kept together and not loaned out to various students and not brought back, thus breaking up the collection bit by bit. If you have a university near you with such a department, it may be a good idea to donate your collection. It would save it all being thrown in a skip by relatives who have no idea of the value of it.

Senior Member Country: Ireland Edward G's Avatar
    Liked
    107 times
    Anthony,
    Assuming no one close to you values this carefully assembled and presumably precious collection, you could inquire as to whether the estate of Kathleen Harrison would be interested in acquiring it.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony chubb View Post
    my favorite actress kathleen harrison 1892 to 1995 its 20 years since she passed
    i have 61 of her 88 films on video and dvd and posters leters and signed pics and theatre progs
    and memerios of attending her funneral my question is i had made a new will
    and i have no one near intersted in them what do i do with them

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenburnfan View Post
    Well, I'm seriously considering donating all my vast collection of film stills; posters; film books and magazines and various 35mm cinema adverts and trailers to the Media Studies department of Staffordshire University
    Good idea, but make sure that they'll appreciate it and will make it available to researchers. If they only focus on recent TV and video they may have no use for older material

Steve

Liked
    98 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Crook View Post
    Good idea, but make sure that they'll appreciate it and will make it available to researchers. If they only focus on recent TV and video they may have no use for older material

Steve
    I shall have to go to see them about it, Steve, and see what they think. I would certainly like it to go to someone who'll appreciate it.

Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    1 times
    thank you all for your advice lots to think about and consider i did think of the estate of kathleen harrison

Senior Member Country: Spain Rowdon's Avatar
    Liked
    143 times
    Does anyone know if there's n edition of Scrooge (1951) on DVD with English subtitles? The only one I've found (2-disc ultimate or something) says in one review that the subs are in red and illegible. It surprises me more than somewhat that such a classic doesn't have basic HoH subs on any edition. There's a new edition released next week apparentkly, but as always amazon has s�zero information about it ... Would it kill them to photograph the back of the DVD too? I need the answer pretty quickly, as you can imagine what with the date and that!
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Rowdon; 12-11-15 at 10:10 PM.

Liked
    143 times
    NOBODY? Could you check your own copies to see if there are English subtitles? Pleeeeeease?

Liked
    98 times
    Looks like nobody's got one, Rowdon. I never bought it because all that was available on DVD was a garishly colorised version of dreadful image and sound quality. A restored region free BluRay version was released by VCI in the States four years ago, but I haven't got a BluRay player, so it was no use my buying that. However, that version hasn't got subtitles either.

Liked
    143 times
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenburnfan View Post
    Looks like nobody's got one, Rowdon. I never bought it because all that was available on DVD was a garishly colorised version of dreadful image and sound quality. A restored region free BluRay version was released by VCI in the States four years ago, but I haven't got a BluRay player, so it was no use my buying that. However, that version hasn't got subtitles either.
    Thanks darrenburnfan. It seems strange that there's no HoH subs on any DVD of this undisputed classic. I have the garish colorized version (newspaper giveaway) and regardless of the quality, it's a great film. What a pity. I shall have to start a thread asking about other Christmas films!