Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    Finally after phone calls to Sky yesterday and today it was there when I turned on to it at 11.30 this morning.Looks like an interesting schedule.Anything is better than Film4 and TCM

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Yes, it's on now. Unfortunately, the picture and sound break up a bit.

Liked
    67 times
    I was pleasantly surprised to find it up and running when switched on this afternoon. I just wish that I had recorded Blackout, I see that quite a few films are being repeated this week. but that isn't one of them.

Senior Member Country: Scotland
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised to find it up and running when switched on this afternoon. I just wish that I had recorded Blackout, I see that quite a few films are being repeated this week. but that isn't one of them.
    Bound to be on again sooner or later.

Liked
    67 times
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    Bound to be on again sooner or later.
    I hope so, and looking at their films for the next week it certainly looks better than movies4men.

Liked
    182 times
    If not, watch Blind Spot (1958), as it's practically the same film!

Senior Member Country: England cassidy's Avatar
    Liked
    94 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    Yes, it's on now. Unfortunately, the picture and sound break up a bit.
    I have been finding that with the western series Black Spurs. It starts off ok, then breaks up very badly.

Liked
    0 times
    Have to say I am very disappointed with the picture quality of the films shown on this channel - fuzzy blurred images in the main. Sound quality not much better. On a par with the likes of channels such as Movies 4 Men. I haven`t got any Renown DVDs in my collection and if this is how they look it will stay that way. An opportunity missed as far as I am concerned.

Senior Member Country: England Johnallan's Avatar
    Liked
    17 times
    I have to say here in the North West, the films I have watched so far have been perfectly acceptable with, surprisingly, no picture break-up yet as occasionally happens in windy and wet weather. Am watching Anything To Declare at the moment; the picture is a bit jittery but one has to make allowances for the age of these rarities. For me this new channel is a very welcome addition to the stuff we’re usually fed and I’m looking forward to watching more of it.

Liked
    67 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnallan View Post
    I have to say here in the North West, the films I have watched so far have been perfectly acceptable with, surprisingly, no picture break-up yet as occasionally happens in windy and wet weather. Am watching Anything To Declare at the moment; the picture is a bit jittery but one has to make allowances for the age of these rarities. For me this new channel is a very welcome addition to the stuff we�re usually fed and I�m looking forward to watching more of it.
    I could not agree more!

It is marvellous to have continuous run of old films, and I have no complaints about the quality.

More rare gems to look forward to this week, including the underrated and excellent "The Boys," with Richard Todd and Robert Morley.

Senior Member Country: England phil's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    The picture quality is not great but to be honest I didn't expect it to be. There are a lot of good things on though and it will be interesting to see how it develops. Good luck to them.

Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnallan View Post
    I have to say here in the North West, the films I have watched so far have been perfectly acceptable with, surprisingly, no picture break-up yet as occasionally happens in windy and wet weather. Am watching Anything To Declare at the moment; the picture is a bit jittery but one has to make allowances for the age of these rarities. For me this new channel is a very welcome addition to the stuff we’re usually fed and I’m looking forward to watching more of it.
    I have all the Ealing Rarities volumes from Network and many of those films are a lot older than a lot of the films Talking Pictures have been showing and the quality of the Ealing films is far better.

Senior Member Country: Ireland zorro2566's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Beat Girl is on this Saturday at 10.30 pm. Looking forward to that one, I have an original LP soundtrack from it!

Senior Member Country: England earlb's Avatar
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by renownpictures View Post
    rest assured it will NOT be Renown dvd releases on a thread- how would that make us a channel? new films form archives never seen are awaiting you. apologies if the teeny tiny little clips from our dvd releases offended you, a club member was just helping us publicise some of the films to those who may not be aware of us. stand by your beds for further info! trust me, youre going to love it
    I was going to buy a lot of their DVD's BUT not now I've seen the picture quality on TV AND it does say on their films "Digitally Remastered" I'll not bother

Liked
    94 times
    Last night I watched Life in Danger with no problems, I then started watching The Boys which also seemed trouble free. As the hour was late I recorded it as well and caught up with the last hour today. The picture started breaking up about 15 minutes from the end. Anyone else get this problem with it ?

Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cassidy View Post
    Last night I watched Life in Danger with no problems, I then started watching The Boys which also seemed trouble free. As the hour was late I recorded it as well and caught up with the last hour today. The picture started breaking up about 15 minutes from the end. Anyone else get this problem with it ?
    No picture breakup for me. However, I understand that Talking Pictures, along with various other channels on the Sky platform, is broadcasting from a Eutelsat satellite which has come to the end of its useful life and power is weak, which depending on your location may be why you get picture breakup. All the channels are being transferred to an Astra satellite during this month so the power output will improve.

Liked
    94 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vanmunchen View Post
    No picture breakup for me. However, I understand that Talking Pictures, along with various other channels on the Sky platform, is broadcasting from a Eutelsat satellite which has come to the end of its useful life and power is weak, which depending on your location may be why you get picture breakup. All the channels are being transferred to an Astra satellite during this month so the power output will improve.
    Thanks, that's useful to know.

Liked
    182 times
    I get a lot of picture breakup (even in good weather) and have given up trying to watch most of the films. I do hope things will improve when the channels are transferred to the other satellite.

Liked
    2 times
    If the channel broadcast in full 720x576 quality then it would look much better. To my eyes it's more like a bad YouTube picture.

Senior Member Country: Scotland narabdela's Avatar
    Liked
    20 times
    Quote Originally Posted by crunchie View Post
    If the channel broadcast in full 720x576 quality then it would look much better. To my eyes it's more like a bad YouTube picture.
    Agreed. There are a few cheap 'n cheerful movie channels with this very low bandwidth picture quality. A stronger signal will prevent breakup, but it won't improve the poor resolution.

Unwatchable imho.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast